“Charming” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Mad River Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Waitsfield
Mad River Inn
Ranked #8 of 15 Waitsfield B&B and Inns
Atlanta, Georgia
“Charming”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2013 via mobile

I spent a couple of nights and was pleasantly surprised how comfortable the room was and clean. The owners are a bit stand of fish but they warm up and Karen is wonderful. The only negative was the food. Although I appreciate the don't cook meat the tiny amount of food and no choice was difficult to sustain. We had to eat out. As much as I love animals their dogs begging at the table when we ate was unpleasant.
Overall I would recommend as it is comfortable and clean and a safe location.

• Stayed August 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Boulevard
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2013

Last week myself and three of my friends realized a dream come true to see the beautiful Vermont countryside aboard the wonderful Icelandic Horse. We had a 4 day Trek with Karen at the Vermont Icelandic Horse Farm and stayed with her family (Luc and the girls) at their warm and wonderful Mad River Inn. It couldn't have been more perfect from the great horses, people and countryside to the beautiful Inn. Thanks to Luc, Karen, the girls (also June and the people at the Farm) for a great stay. Great food, beautiful Inn, wonderful people. We'll be back.

Room Tip: Since we were a group of 4 we were given a suite with a shared bath plus another room and bath that...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
NBPT
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2013

We've stayed at the Mad River Inn a few times over the past two years, and while it's not posh, it is an excellent B&B for the reasonable rates, with everything we need when staying in the area. The innkeepers allow you to feel very much at home; I don't think I've stayed at an inn of any kind where I felt so completely relaxed, as if arriving at a second vacation home of our own. The breakfasts are outstanding, and eating on the back porch with that lovely view is a perfect departure from the normal weekly grind. And more important than breakfast, the beds and pillows are very comfortable- a critical factor at any inn! Love the family atmosphere and their three adorable dogs, who are among the cleanest and most well-behaved small dogs I've seen.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
Ontario
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2013

Have been staying at this Inn every year since 2008. Each spring I travel to Vermont from Canada to ride Icelandic horses for a weekend. The accommodations at the Mad River Inn are fantastic, I have never been disappointed! The food is excellent, the rooms are bright and comfortable, and the inn keeper and his family are delightful. Always a pleasure.

Stayed May 2013
1 Thank Victoria B
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2013

My mom and I spent a relaxing weekend at this cozy inn, enjoying the last hurrahs of winter in Vermont. It was the second time I had visited the inn, and I was very happy with my decision to return. There is a cozy ambiance to the place that makes you feel at home the minute you arrive. The owners are sincere, down to earth people, who are attentive and eager to make you feel comfortable. The decor is charming and tasteful, and the rooms are clean and comfortable. I love waking up and looking out the large windows into the field and the mountains outside. It's a serene view that makes me smile. The delicious breakfasts are always a treat, as well. I would recommend this inn without a doubt to anyone looking to stay in the Mad River Valley. You won't be disappointed.

• Stayed April 2013
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2013

Friendly people/comfortable beds/lovely accommodations/great food! We're hoping to stay here again! I would highly recommend this spot for a restful weekend getaway. We really enjoyed the delicious gourmet breakfast! Our cozy room was a perfect size. We enjoyed the family charm and especially our special music treat after breakfast! Thank you!

• Stayed April 2013
Cranston, Rhode Island
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2013

We had the Mad River Inn recommended to us by a friend who's been going there for years to ride the Islandic horses. I was a bit skeptical, as my girlfriend and I had never stayed in a B&B. What a PLEASANT surprise we had! From the cleanliness of our room, to the Hot Tub on the back deck, to the game room downstairs which offers a stereo, woodburning stove, and pool table, we had a super time! Luc is a very nice fellow, terrific chef, and excellent source of recommendations for restaurants, things-to-do, etc..
We will definitely be returning to this gem!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Waitsfield
The Inn at Round Barn Farm
#1 of 15 in Waitsfield
Wilder Farm Inn B&B
Wilder Farm Inn B&B
#5 of 15 in Waitsfield

Been to Mad River Inn? Share your experiences!