“Perfect stay-- just as wonderful as I remembered!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Waitsfield
Yellow Farmhouse Inn
Ranked #3 of 15 Waitsfield B&B and Inns
Southern California
“Perfect stay-- just as wonderful as I remembered!”
Reviewed 29 December 2010

This is a delayed review from our October visit, but I couldn’t neglect to pass on my appreciation and highest recommendation for this wonderful B&B. My daughter and I stayed for one night last year, and true to my promise to return, I brought hubby along this year. It was his first visit to New England and first B&B experience, and everything about our stay was perfect! Mike and Sandy are truly wonderful hosts, giving great advice on where to go, what to eat, and telling us things about the area that we wouldn’t have known otherwise. I could go on and on about the wonderful breakfasts-- Mike even remembered how much I loved the creamy lemon-filled French toast (absolutely to die for), and served it up this visit. It was just as delicious as I remembered. The place was spotless, beds were extremely comfortable, and there were even fresh cookies in the afternoon that were very yummy! The setting in the Green Mountains is the perfect location for a fall visit, and there are a ton of places close in to go for day-trips and hikes. The only thing I would change about our New England visit is I wouldn’t have broken up our trip and stayed elsewhere for two nights. After the Yellow Farmhouse Inn, the other B&B was a disappointment, even though it has gotten excellent ratings on Tripadvisor as well.

I’ve stayed in a good number of B&Bs, and the Yellow Farmhouse Inn is definitely on the top of my list-- Mike and Sandy really do get everything just right. I can’t recommend it enough.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Grand Rapids, Michigan
Reviewed 1 December 2010

My husband was graduating with a master's degree from Norwich University in 2008.(I had to select the date of Jan2010 as that is as far back it would allow me to select. our sta was actually in June of 2008). We had to travel to Vermont for the graduation and decided to take a few extra days for relaxation and celebration of the finished degree and our upcoming anniversary as well. We have stayed in several B&B's over the last ten years and this was the best stay by far! Mike and Sandi were very kind and welcoming as well as very willing to offer suggestions for restaurants and activities. The atmosphere was one of feeling like we were at home and could curl up on the couch and read or watch tv or sit on the front porch and eat pizza. If you are looking for a place to stay that will make you feel welcome and relaxed, we highly recommend the Yellow Farmhouse Inn.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple
texas
Reviewed 26 November 2010

We visited the Yellowfarmhouse Inn during October and were very impressed. Mike and Sandi were perfect hosts! First, what I loved most is that as soon as you walked in, you felt like you were home. Great living room area for watching TV or reading or lounging, fresh homeade cookies daily, hot water for tea or hot chocolate always available. Next, the house was spotless! Our room was very clean and spacious. The kitchen area was clean too. Also, I liked how Mike and Sandi lived in a house about 5 feet away from the B&B so you did not feel like you were impossing on their space. Each morning, the food was delicious! I was pregnant and they even made a breakfast that I could eat which was very nice. Every meal was completely homeade with only the freshest ingredients. Mike and Sandi were also very helpful with looking at a map with us and showing us how to travel to our next destination. They have great restaurant recommendations too, so be sure to ask! We stayed in quite a few B&B on our Northeast adventure and in the past have visited many B&B and Yellow Farmhouse Inn is our #1 pick, we still talk about our time there. This couple knows how to run a B&B the right way, you will be very happy that you stayed with them.

Sacramento, California
Reviewed 24 November 2010

If Sandra and Mike are trying to make the Yellow Farmhouse Inn a home away from home, they have succeeded. The inn and grounds are beautiful. Fall colors are all around and there are numerous hikes, walks, waterfalls, and other sights within easy driving distance. Mike was extremely helpful in planning walks and drives, and also sent us for outstanding meals at American Flatbread, The Barn Door, The Common Man, and the Big Picture. Sandra made wonderful breakfasts with farm fresh, local ingredients (including a neighbor's maple syrup) and always had tasty cookies available for snacks. And, Dolly, their cute dog, was always ready to make herself available for petting. ;-) The rooms are comfy, quiet and nicely decorated. Mike and Sandra made us feel as if they were welcoming us into their own home. We could not have asked for a better spot to use as a home base for our fall color adventure, and would love to stay with Mike and Sandra again.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with friends
St. Petersburg
Reviewed 8 November 2010

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Yellow Farmhouse Inn. The Waitsfield location means everything is within reach - attractions, hiking, great Fall colors touring, tucked away towns and villages, fine crafts, artisans - and great non-franchise food. Sandra and Mike are wonderful hosts. They guided us to some great adventures, and their breakfasts are carefully prepared and delicious. Have already recommended this find to some friends.

Thanks again, Sandra and Mike - From Florida, Marianne and John

Wattsburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 2 November 2010

The Yellow Farmhouse Inn was the perfect place for my wife and I for our honeymoon. Everything from the spectacular breakfast to the very roomy and comfortable suite was exactly what we were looking for. We would highly recommend staying here if you are looking for a quiet place that is central to everything. Mike and Sandra were wonderful hosts and provided information on places to see and dine that we would have never known about. We already are planning our return.

Warren, Rhode Island
Reviewed 14 October 2010

This was my second time staying at the Yellow Farmhouse Inn. I had tried to book one of the rooms which showed as available online, which was already booked, so Mike and Sandi gave my husband and I the Morgan Ashlee Suite for the same price, which was super nice and accommodating.

The Suite is gorgeous, it has a separate bedroom, living room area with a kitchen and a huge bathroom with a jacuzzi tub, which is definitely suitable for two people. There is a sink, microwave, and small refrigerator. Also coffee is provided. We were there for our three year wedding anniversary and the room was definitely romantic. The Suite also has a private entrance from outside, which my husband and I really liked.

The grounds of the Yellow Farmhouse Inn are beautiful, they have chairs set up to really enjoy the scenery, a great view of mountains is right from the Inn.

Now, let's move on to food. The breakfasts that Sandi prepares are out of this world, and very filling! The cookies in the afternoon are always a special treat.

Mike and Sandi are both warm and welcoming. They give excellent suggestions from hiking trails to restaurants. The other guests are always friendly, giving the bed and breakfast a very homey atmosphere.

I can't wait to stay here again! I would recommend this to anyone looking for a romantic getaway!