“Hand-crafted ice creams and sweets”
Review of The Sweet Spot

The Sweet Spot
Ranked #1 of 2 Dessert in Waitsfield
Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Description: Breakfast - Lunch - Coffee - Pastry - Ice Cream - Cocktails - Home of Awake Coffee, and Scout's Honor Ice Cream. The Sweet Spot is a cafe & bakery in Waitsfield, Vermont.
Reviewed 11 July 2013

After hearing lots of good things, I swung by and ordered a single scoop of homemade salted caramel ice cream in a cone. It was simply revelation in a cone. Amazing, full-bodied, just sweet-enough but not too much, with a wonderful texture. I sat outside, all alone, under the trellised patio, and watched the action on the Mad River: teens jumping off the covered bridge, kayakers paddling by, and tried with all my might to eat my ice cream very, very slowly.

I did not sample the baked goods, but did notice generously sized cupcakes decorated generously with buttercream, coffee cake with an amazing amount of strudel, bountiful muffins, and some of which were labeled gluten-free. A sturdy selection of coffee/cappuccino/espresso drinks, both hot and cold, rounded out the offerings in this cozy little bakery tucked behind the shops on Bridge Street.

Reviewed 8 July 2013

All I can say is yum....yum...yum!! You won't come away disappointed from this cute bakery. All was delicious!

Reviewed 28 March 2013 via mobile

Locals were saying good things...sorry, just didn't see it. An ok cup of coffee served in an unfriendly manner. Not much to pick from on the tiny counter, and what was there seemed expensive and uninviting. Even if that wasn't true... I felt put off by the salespersons brusque manner. Think it might have been the owner based on another persons conversation. I live in NYC...but hey, when I go to VT, I want to slow down and not feel like I'm on the big city.

Reviewed 21 March 2013

Salted Caramel ice cream is pure heaven in a cone. I could'nt believe how good it was. The day I tried it was a very auspicious food day for me. Wow.

1  Thank Cher M
Reviewed 16 February 2013

Great coffee, terrific baked goods and ice cream. Hidden in parking lot off Bridge Street in historic village.