“the best”

Ranked #11 of 36 Restaurants in Waitsfield
Price range: US$5 - US$20
Cuisines: American, Deli, Seafood
Dining options: Lunch, Takeout
Description: We are open in Waitsfield & Stowe for the 2017/2018 Winter Season. We are a full service butcher shop, seafood market and deli with gourmet sandwiches, soups and catering. Contact us for holiday and special orders!
Reviewed 14 April 2013

The beef, the seafood, the oysters, you simply have to go here. And you have to have the marinated rack of lamb. They even have mead made in vermont.

Reviewed 11 February 2013

Appropriate that Bridge Street butchery is next to Peasant - they are both equally great spots. Picked up sausage and meat for dinner last week - great cuts and really tasty sausages. Have been buying sandwiches for the trip home every Sunday too. A different one every week for me and all have been superb. Makes the trip home something to look forward to - no need for us to every drive into Warren for lunch ever again.

Reviewed 23 January 2013

Was really looking forward to this butchery shop's sandwiches. Was super disappointed in the size of the sandwiches, the amount of ingredients and thus the hefty price that came with what I got. Their Brooklyn Bridge is a Reuben-like sandwich which had good flavor but lacked any sort of acceptable amount of both cheese and corned beef for the $8.99 price tag. Once pressed on their panino press, it was almost a pancake. Really. I also tried their Pont Notre-Dame which listed "rare roast beef" and toppings on a baguette. While the baguette was tasty, the roast beef was anything but rare. It was a slight pinkish gray which, to anyone who loves rare roast beef, is a turn off on sight, and ultimately on taste, too. The caper aioli was skimpy and so didn't add much to the flavor, and the carmelized onions were the same. Thank goodness for a bit of Vermont Chevre otherwise I would have tossed the inside stuff and just eaten the baguette alone. The atmosphere is quaint. I would recommend a couple of high tops or some window seating, but this lack may be due to local licensing restrictions. Getting a warm sandwich and then taking back to the inn where I was staying 15 minutes down the road in the cold of winter was kind of a drag. I was hoping to dine in the shop. Also, maybe throwing in a bag of chips - nothing outrageous, the 1 oz. individual size - would go a long way to ease the price of the sandwiches a bit. All in all, I'm wishing the shop well despite this review. I don't mean it to be mean or vindictive. The shop will be a great addition to the local dining options if it can iron out a few issues. Value, quality of meats, proportional toppings for flavor enhancement... I think it will figure these things out in time. Hope so. Would love to go back on my next visit and have a really good sandwich.