“Perfect!”

Ranked #3 of 15 Waitsfield B&B and Inns
Greenville, North Carolina
“Perfect!”
Reviewed 28 July 2014

We recently stayed at the White Horse Inn for our friends wedding. I would highly recommend staying here! Bob and Allen are amazing...you will wake up and be greeted by the super friendly Bob in the dining area and get to eat an amazing breakfast cooked by Allen every morning. They always have a fully stocked Keurig bar and fresh local cookies in the fireplace room which was convenient. The Inn was clean, cozy and surely made our first trip to Vermont one to remember! We cant wait to make another visit!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Clean facility. These gentlemen go out of there way to make your stay memorable and inviting. Breakfast was incredibly delicious. Simple rooms with comfortable, clean beds. I'd stay here again. We had a large group and I think everyone was happy with the rooms and gathering areas. Personal touches were much appreciated.

Room Tip: Ask the owners when you call to make your reservations.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Sterling, Massachusetts
Reviewed 15 July 2014

We had a spacious room with a very comfortable bed to sleep in. The breakfasts were terrific! The Inn also had a nice meeting area well stocked with complimentary sweet snack food and coffee. There is also a very nice bar with local beers and wines. The owners are very welcoming. Due to extremely bad weather we were very late in arriving but everything was open and ready for us!

Room Tip: 3rd floor is the best - first floor is largely dug into the hill.
1 Thank jposterling
Boston
Reviewed 13 July 2014

I stayed at the White Horse Inn for one night while I was in Waitsfield for a wedding. The rooms are simple but clean. There is a small but modern TV. The bathroom is also small but again clean and is stocked with a great organic VT soap. Both the innkeeper and the chef were incredibly nice. Making it even more inviting were the homemade pastries, including out of this world brownies, in the common room along with homemade raspberry iced tea. Breakfast was fresh and delicious with homemade muffins, breads, pancakes, and vegetable frittata as well as bacon and sausage. The price is incredibly fair and it is well worth a visit.

2 Thank lyonsmg
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Out in the country (just 5 minutes from town), serene, loved the front porch. Bob is SO welcoming! Fireplace room, TV room. I was there for marathon weekend, and they had a hot, great breakfast extra early just for us (and would have made a gluten-free option if I'd wanted).

Room Tip: I had 306 -- loved it -- in the corner, so 2 windows, overlooking the back of the property.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Meriden
Reviewed 6 July 2014

I decided to plan a 4th of July getaway to the Warren parade and fireworks for my girlfriend and I. Having never been to the area before I was unsure of the specifics but after talking to Bob the innkeeper on the phone he put my worries to rest. Upon arrival Bob explained all of the weekend events and showed us our room. The inn was very quaint and our room was very simple and comfortable. Breakfast was included and chef Allen made awesome waffles, french toast, and more. It was way better than what I expected for an inn breakfast. It was better than most breakfast restaurants I've been too. Bob also acted as the bar tender in the entertainment room downstairs. We played several games of chess over heady toppers which are stocked at the inn! I know that this is a lengthy review but I cannot express enough how great of hosts Bob and Allen were and how happy I am that we decided to stay here. We will be back again!

• Stayed July 2014
Burlington, Vermont
Reviewed 9 June 2014

We booked the entire Inn for our friends and family to stay at for our wedding the Round Barn Farm. Some people stayed two nights. The service was great and friendly. The breakfast was awesome and many guests told me how good it was. Fairly priced and a great location make this an awesome place to stay in the Mad River Valley. Walking distance to Mt Ellen and hiking trails and a very short drive to Lincoln Peak, Mad River Glen, App Gap and the Long Trail. Can't recommend it enough. Plus a great selection of VT beers and wines in the bar including $5 Alchemist Heady Toppers.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Happy_Guest_In_VT
Also consider these accommodations in or near Waitsfield
The Inn at Round Barn Farm
#11 of 15 in Waitsfield
Wilder Farm Inn B&B
Wilder Farm Inn B&B
#6 of 15 in Waitsfield

Been to White Horse Inn? Share your experiences!