“Very good coffee, very good pastries”

Three Mountain Cafe
Ranked #12 of 36 Restaurants in Waitsfield
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Child-friendly, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Ogden, Utah
“Very good coffee, very good pastries”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

There was just something slightly off. Maybe it was the charge for refills on coffee (a pet peeve of mine for coffee places,) maybe it was the unkempt tables outside, maybe it was the lack of a bus area to take my dishes back when I was finished - take those as suggestions, I suppose.

Still, the staff was very friendly and the service, even though they were busy, was very efficient and the wait was absolutely minimal. Of course, two of my waits were because I was waiting for refills on coffee (which, if you just charge a little more and allow free refills, you could allow customers to serve themselves. Just a thought.)

In any case, this is a good choice for breakfast - I was completely satisfied when I left.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank n3103f

Stonington, Ct.
“Love this place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014

Ground zero in this area for GREAT coffee among with baked goods, sandwiches and ground or whole bean coffee to go. The owner recommended their own Artisans Turkish Blend and I bought a pound. The car smelled fantastic all the way home. I can't wait until tomorrow morning when we pull out our "French Press."

Visited July 2014
1 Thank REPE3
Colchester, Vermont
“Nice atmosphere”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

I love that they display art & photography from local VT artists/photographers. Their food is good. I like their homemade soups. Desserts aren't bad, though sometimes a bit bland or dry.
The service is rather poor. I felt insulted more than once, and I'm not sure why I go back, except that I like the casual atmosphere & antique decorations, and the chai tea lattes. I spent several minutes trying to pay for my meal at the counter while I was ignored or they helped other customers instead of finishing out my order. I generally don't mention the service bcz everyone has bad days, but it was on many occasions with more than one of the employees.

nj
“good food, poor service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2014

Tried something new on this trip to wonderful Waitsfield. Very disappointed with the service, you would think this café would appreciate tourists and not make them wait five minutes just to pay. Very frustrating. The sandwiches which were $18, were good, but won't go back.

• Visited February 2014
Madison, Wisconsin
“God coffee and more”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2013

More of a general store with coffee thrown in; nice atmosphere and locals know how to scoot in and pay for a cuppa without waiting in the long lines of tourists. we didn't mind, and the coffee was great.

Visited October 2013