“Beautiful Inn...the perfect hosts.”
Review of The Waitsfield Inn

The Waitsfield Inn
Ranked #8 of 15 Waitsfield B&B and Inns
Reviewed 8 September 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Waitsfield Inn from September 6 through 8. We were in town for a wedding and the Inn was one of the places recommended by the bride, along with a few other B & B's in the area. I am so very happy we chose this one. We stayed in the Milton room...most comfortable bed and pillows ever. I had two very restful nights. Owners Vicki and John were the perfect hosts. John prepares the breakfast, and it was not only good and interesting, but presented in a very appealing way...granola with raspberries, blueberries, sliced bananas and a drizzle of maple syrup, Yum! I would definitely recommend the Waitsfield Inn and look forward to another visit in the near future. Thank you Vicki and John for making my first experience in a B & B a wonderful one. Angela.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 26 August 2013

What more can you say? we can only endorse previous reviews We found this Inn very comfortable, clean and well maintained. We were welcomed by Jon who gave us a tour of the ground (First) floor, all rooms felt comfortable Then we were shown the Big Room, which is not a description we use in England. We were overwhelmed it certainly is BIG. There are various areas some set up for games, a large TV with plenty of DVDs and quiet corners to chat or read. Sadly we didn’t have time to enjoy it, in wintertime this must be quite a retreat.
Finally thanks to Jon and Vicky for their hospitality and of course the breakfasts!

1  Thank kochili
Reviewed 4 August 2013

After biking over App Gap, we landed at the Waitsfield Inn to recuperate. Jon and Vickie are the perfect hosts and their Inn is so beautiful and so comfortable. We were celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary, and they surprised us with a bottle of champagne in our room! We had the pleasure of feasting on dinner and breakfast prepared by Jon, and it is was so fresh and delicious. My wife has some dietary restrictions and these were wonderfully accommodated. Vickie was so attentive and made sure everyone (we were part of a large party) was taken care of and got what they needed. This is such a unique inn as each room is given a name rather than a number that is tied to local history by the story posted outside of the room. We can't say enough about how great our stay was and give the Waitsfield Inn our highest recommendation!

1  Thank Jim Q
Reviewed 4 August 2013

We had the pleasure of staying with Wallucks at the Waitsfield Inn in late July 2013. This was our first experience with a small B&B and it was absolutely lovely. Vicky and John are so gracious and take the time to talk with the guests and share the history of the Inn. We stayed in the Lovila room and it was so charming. Each room had a story and we enjoyed exploring the Inn and reading the story of each room. When John found us exploring he walked with us and gave us more history of each of the rooms. Our room was nicely done and the bathroom had been remodeled. As we sat on the patio, we saw John walk to his herb garden to clip fresh herbs for the preparation of our evening feast. The dinner was excellent and the berry cheesecake with the cookie crust was to die for. Breakfast was at 8am and was equally delicious. The homemade granola with berries and roasted banana was phenomenal and the spinach and mushroom quiche with maple syrup glazed sausage was delicious as well. Coffee is also not set out until a little before 8 am. If you are an early riser with a coffee addition (like me), this may be a tough wait. This extremely minor issue could be easily remedied with a Keurig in the front lobby.

Reviewed 23 June 2013

My son and I arrived at the Waitsfield Inn after hiking the long trail for 5 days and we were drenched. The owners opened the door for us and greeted us like royalty. Never mind that we were filthy and dripping wet. We checked in and they gave us a bag and told us to fill it with dirty laundry and they would do our wash! The Inn itself is a beautiful 1800's Inn with a candy shop and a den that was comfortable and we were encouraged to use it. I needed new hiking boots and when I went to the owners to find out how to get to the store, they offered to drive us. The following morning we had breakfast. The breakfast was one of the best I have had and I am a picky person to please as I love to cook. We then were told that we would get a ride back to the trail. I have stayed in many places thru the years but this place was the best. I will be returning.

Room Tip: All the rooms that I saw were very nice.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 June 2013

This was the last stop on a New England trip that consisted of four bed and breakfasts. It was by far the best of all!! We felt right at home from the start. The rooms were adorable and very comfy. The common area / family room made you feel like you were sitting at home! Would highly recommend!!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 June 2013

I have stayed here twice so far, as my grandsons are at school in Waitsfield.. It is as lovely homey and nice as any place I have been.. The rooms are so nicely done and comfortable.. The breakfasts are wonderful!!! Vicky and John are perfect innkeepers!!! There is even a bar if you are so inclined.. They make all their guests feel right at home.. I look forward to my next visit!!

Room Tip: They do have at least one room with 2 queen beds if necessary..
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Waitsfield
The Inn at Round Barn Farm
#11 of 15 in Waitsfield
Tucker Hill Inn
Tucker Hill Inn
#1 of 15 in Waitsfield

Been to The Waitsfield Inn? Share your experiences!