“Charming”

Ranked #7 of 15 Waitsfield B&B and Inns
Toronto, Canada
“Charming”
Reviewed 30 July 2014

I stayed here for a night while hiking the Long Trail. This Inn had everything I wanted and needed. No TV, well I consider that a good thing! If I wanted to watch TV I could stay home.
The staff was friendly and helpful, and breakfast was delicious!
I was so pleased with my stay, that I spent another night after I finished my hike.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 20 July 2014

We stayed here for three nights and loved it. The rooms are quaint and don't have a lot of the amenities of normal hotel rooms (TV being the most obvious), but we were so busy exploring the Mad River Valley that we didn't even notice. And the commons areas downstairs have everything you could want, including TV, so for those that can't go without such things, everything will be ok. The breakfast each morning was fabulous! The owners were very accommodating and friendly. The location is perfect, as everything in town is within walking distance, including restaurants, grocery store, bike rental, kayak/canoe rental, etc. We highly recommend it.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Midwest City, Oklahoma
Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

We were here to participate in the Mad Marathon/Half and chose to stay in a B&B. This was perfect. Lots of New England charm instead of cookie cutter standard hotel rooms. Breakfast for the three mornings we were there was outstanding. Our hostess, Vicki, did whatever she could to make our stay comfortable. On race morning, they even prepared an early breakfast for the participants.

• Stayed July 2014
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 1 July 2014

We were in town for a wedding and a fairly large group of us stayed at the Inn - it was perfect! Our hosts were incredibly accommodating and gracious, and the rooms were spacious, very clean and thoughtfully (water bottles, jelly beans!) furnished. Kudos to the chef! Breakfasts were delicious - and we had a choice of dining inside or outside on the patio. The small "on-your-honor "general candy store that is set up off of the dining room was a delight to the children who were with us, and there was Farmer's Market across the street Saturday morning! I don't often rave, but I cannot imagine how our stay could have been improved. Thank you - we will be back!

Room Tip: There are many different configurations of rooms to choose from which helped our large party stay to...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Durango, Colorado
Reviewed 2 June 2014

My sister and I recently had a wonderful stay at the Waitsfield Inn. We were looking for a restful, relaxed time visiting with each other while easefully being able to enjoy some of the highlights of the Mad River Valley. The Waitsfield Inn was perfect for us! Not only was the inn itself great, we appreciated the central location. One of our favorite spots was the farmers market just across the street.

The inn is filled with warmth and charm. Each room has it's own special details and beautiful antique furnishings which fit perfectly in this historic setting. Our rooms were welcoming and clean, each with its own private bath. The beds were comfy and we both slept great!

There are several common rooms so there's plenty of space if you want privacy and plenty of space for a larger groups to hang out. My favorite room was the library which was a cozy place to curl up with my novel and a cup of tea.

From the moment we were greeted by the inn keepers, Vickie and Jon, we were treated like dear friends. Vickie generously directed us to some of the unique sights we would have missed just following a guide book. Jon cooked the yummiest breakfasts each morning.

We're definitely planning to come back to the Waitsfield Inn for another stay.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Concord, Massachusetts
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Our group stayed at the Waitsfield Inn this Winter. We headed to the Waitsfield Inn after a day of skiing at Sugarbush and were blown away by the experience. We plopped ourselves down on the couches in front of a roaring fire with fantastic drinks made by the inn keeper, Jon, and relaxed. The "fireplace room" as I named it is large and comfortable with couches and chairs spread about so that couples or groups could have their own "spot" without intruding on others. There's also a little nook to hang out in if you have a hankering to settle down with a good book. I slept like a log in the big cozy bed. The next morning I lingered in bed watching the snow fall out my window -- beautiful. If I had to sum up the experience I would say classic New England with great food and gracious hospitality.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Medfield, Massachusetts
Reviewed 28 May 2014

My wife and I stayed at the Waitsfield Inn and were thoroughly delighted with our stay. Right in the heart of the Mad River Valley we were able to have access to the mountain, river, restaurants and a great farmers market right across the street. Jon & Vickie were incredible hosts, who made us feel welcomed the moment we walked through the door. First Class Experience!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Waitsfield
The Inn at Round Barn Farm
White Horse Inn
White Horse Inn
#3 of 15 in Waitsfield
Mad River Barn Inn, Restaurant & Pub

Been to The Waitsfield Inn? Share your experiences!