“Good but not great”

Timbers Restaurant
Ranked #10 of 23 Restaurants in Warren
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Farm-to-table cuisine with fine wines in an atmosphere modeled after a nineteenth-century dairy barn. Vegetarian and gluten-free options available. Open year-round for breakfast and dinner, and lunch during holiday periods.
Reviewed 17 February 2014

This was our third year and third dinner at Timbers and each year it seems to be slipping just a bit. The menu is small and I believe, exactly, the same as last year. I was so looking forward to my dinner there but alas, I was disappointed. I had the cassoulet which was fine but too heavy and rich. I like that they use all local food and they are creative with it but it is definitely gamey. We usually stay at Snowcreek and like to eat within walking distance but next year we will try something else.

Marcus C, General Manager at Timbers Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2014

Thank you for the review. Our menu is not the same as last year: however, there are items that we feature and continue from season to season which you may have recognized. I am disappointed that you did not like the Cassoulet. I will share your comments with the staff. Please let me know when you visit again. I would enjoy talking to you in greater detail about your experience.

Best,

Jean-Marc “Marcus” Champoux
Timbers General Manager

There are newer reviews for Timbers Restaurant

Reviewed 3 February 2014

The restaurant was fairly empty. The room is very nice with an open feeling and wooden tables. The wait staff was attentive, knowledgeable, and accommodating. We went for the chef's $25 tasting, but ordered off of the menu. We shared the fondue which was a great appetizer starved w bread and apple and was enough for two, only $12. I had the steak house salad and lasagne. The lasagne was different, but good. My only complaint is that the beer, wine and drink menu does not include prices.

Cindy-

Thanks for the nice review. I will follow up with the menu pricing. Look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 28 January 2014

Food was overcooked, laced with salt and lacked real flavour.
Overpriced for what you got- we asked for 2 side salads and were charged $14 a piece- for a plate of mixed lettuce, 4 cherry tomatoes and a few cuts of cucumber it lacked any flair or thought.
lasagne was covered in far too much cheese which left a oily residue floating on the tip- I had to use my handkerchief to soak up the oil.
The asparagus soup while the best of all the meal arrived cold. The bread that accompanied the lasagne was smothered by a brown salt/garlicky gunge that was supposed to be garlic butter and the fries my son had were overcooked and hard.
We were that pooped from the very long drive that we didn't make a complaint, which now I regret.
Not sure what the hype is about but this was a Friday evening and you would expect on a weekend for them to be on top of their game.
2-stars awarded for the attentive service

I am sorry to hear about your disappointment with your meal. I regret not having the chance to discuss this during your visit. Please accept my apologies. I will share this information with my kitchen team. If you are in the Mad River Valley in the future, please look us up again. Feel free to contact me personally.

Cheers,

Jean-Marc “Marcus” Champoux

Reviewed 5 January 2014

We had a great dinner at TImbers during the busy Christmas week. Service and food were both great! The new 30 for $30 wine is a great idea.

Marcus C, General Manager at Timbers Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2014

Thank you for the kind words! I do enjoy putting together the 30 for $30 list. Glad you like it too!

Reviewed 27 December 2013

We ate at the Timbers Restaurant twice during our stay in Warren. Both times, the food was OK. The service was good, very friendly, however the food was only average. I ate at the Timbers 5 years ago, and it was wonderful. I was sad to see the quality of the food was so average. There are other restaurants in the area which compare price wise and serve MUCH better quality of food. A final mention, we ate there on Christmas Day. They promoted a special menu which was anything but special. They simply used regular items from the regular menu with a few new choices (salmon and prime rib). Over all, I wouldn't go back unless it was for a drink.

I am disappointed to hear about your recent experience. We strive to provide quality food in addition to excellent guest service. It seems that we did not meet up to standards in the former. I do appreciate your time in writing this review and I will share your comments with the Chef as well as my front of house team. Feel free to contact me with any further questions or concerns. I sincerely hope you will dine with us again.

Best,