This is a really fine, very special place for a family with kids -- any age. Our summer stay included access to a superb tennis program, with amiable expert pros, on outdoor or--when the weather turned--indoor clay courts, a rarity. Also hard courts available. There are also well-run day camps for kids. All of this is within eyesight of a central recreation center with both indoor and ourdoor pools. There's a great feeling of safety and comfort. The walls of the recreation center are lined with collages from each summer showing guests enjoying themselves. There's apparently a unique sense of community here . Place is kept very clean and well repaired.Area is visually beautiful.
Rooms vary because they are individually decorated by owners, but they range from small one-bedrooms to two stories with three bedrooms. Interesting architecture becauseof units accessed by "bridges."
No restaurant on site except for sandwich/salad type during summer near pool. But area has a slew of good, reasonably priced restaurants, both fine and casual dining, very close..
Huge number of activities available on site or nearby. Winter is dominated by skiing at Sugarbush or Mad River, but in summer there's golf, mountain and road biking, hiking on the Appalachin trail, glider soaring, fishing, etc. Then there's the wonderful Warren Store, for sandwiches and clothing atop the river. A really wonderful place. Unique getaway.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of Central Vermont's Mad River Valley, The Bridges Family Resort & Tennis Club is consistently ranked a top 50 tennis resort by Tennis Magazine. The Bridges offers condo accommodations a stone's throw from the Lincoln Peak base area at Sugarbush and next door to the Sugarbush Golf Club. Ideal for family vacations, there is a recreation center with fitness facility, 3 swimming pools, game room, fireside/poolside bistro, 12 tennis courts (2 indoors). The Bridges is central to an array of outdoor activities surrounded by the breathtaking beauty of Vermont's Green Mountains. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- The Bridges Family Resort And Tennis Club
- The Bridges Family Resort & Tennis Club Hotel Warren
- The Bridges Family Resort & Tennis Club Warren, Vermont