“Happy we didn't listen to the negative reviews!”
Review of Sugarbush Inn

and 1 more site!
Sugarbush Inn
Ranked #5 of 7 Warren B&B and Inns
Reviewed 7 July 2013

Arrived at the Sugarbush Inn and was pleasantly surprised after reading some of the reviews! Check in was fast, room was clean, bed was comfy, hot showers, and breakfast was good. We had actually contemplated not going (and forfeiting our room fee) after reading some of the reviews. My hubby and I both thought the Inn was qaint and comfortable and we were so happy we decided to make the 4 hr drive. The only downside for us was no a/c in the room, but the Inn provided a couple of fans which made sleeping comfortable. The restaurant was not open so we decided to go into Waitsfield, VT and found a lovely place to eat. Later we headed to the mountain peak and had a couple of drinks at the Claybrook Lodge. All in all a nice getaway!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mbuma

Reviewed 30 March 2013

check in takes forever due to outdated systems, errors with process. no Wi-Fi (you can hear others complaining at bfast). housekeeping never came to room, supervisor just handed towels vs. offering to tidy up and at least offer us an ice tea or soda while she did it and instead bickered back and forth and continued to frustrate us after a long day of sight seeing. the last thing anyone wants to do is clean up after themselves while at a hotel. in vegas, mystic, killington, Portland, Freeport, NY, and other hotels, housekeeping even comes in while you are still there. they gave excuse after excuse vs. actually resolving things. water cooler is filthy, bathroom floors, lampshades, tops of tv...all had dust and grime. breakfast is the same every morning- again others complained as well. when brought to their attention they stated that they are trying to be competitive with prices, but clearly not with services. never again!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 March 2013

I was visiting for work and this was the only place available at the time I was there. It isn't fancy but the beds are comfortable, it's an old inn so don't expect top of the line accommodations. It was clean and the restaurant wasn't bad but only open certain days. I think that was my biggest complaint, not alot to do in the town as a whole during the evening. It was REALLY cold when I was there so being that it was old, it was hard to keep the room warm. As the wind blew you could see the air coming in the room around the doors. I general I thought it wasn't bad especially for a romantic weekend - I think it would be perfect for that!!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 February 2013

I read a lot of negative remarks about this hotel on this website before booking it. I did my own research and decided to try it out and find out for myself and make my own opinion. If you are looking for modern style, this place is not for you. If you love antique ,country style , then its for you. Its clean , service is courteous. Less then 1 mile away from slopes, There is a regular shuttle service that can take u to the slopes. There is a ski shop next door and a restaurant down the road (Terra Rosa). This hotel has a European old world style. Love it! There is a large living room with natural fireplace, a large library with wooded panel walls (very quiet) where u can bring a drink in there and relax before dinner. Room is clean. The only thing i want to say is that there are carpets in the lobby and in my bedroom. Room number was #320. Maybe they have rooms without carpets. I recommend this place!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 February 2013

Sugarbush Inn is in a great location, close to Sugarbush ski resort. However, I'll have to agree with other posters who think the place is run down and tired. It is. It's really a place that just houses those who come up and ski on the weekend, and then head home. The bed was a little worn. There's no nice lighting in the room, and the bathroom could use a remodel. That aside, I never thought the place was dirty or unkempt. It just could use a remodel or some updating. Breakfast, which was included in my stay, was average, and "got the job done" so to speak. It doesn't start until 7:30 am, however, and when the slopes open at 8 am or 8:30 am, it's a bit of a late start time and can get a little crowded. There's a pool table, a nice fireplace where everyone seems to end up by, and a library, in case you forget your books. You also have access to the Health club, which was nice to be able to use.

If you're looking for a luxury, romantic stay, this is not the place. If you're looking for a place to crash in between skiing, this is your place.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 February 2013

2 night weekend stay w/ ski group. Room was tidy, but very run down--furniture scratched & banged up. Inadequate lighting & not even a comfortable chair to sit in for reading. Terrible soundproofing--could hear 2 women in adjacent room speaking softly @ 1:30 am. Back from dinner out on Sat evening: horrible, strong garlic odor in lobby. No hot water for a shower on Saturday afternoon after skiing. One of those noisy exhaust fans in bathroom which goes on w/ the light & you can't shut it off. Plumbing very old. Breakfast below average. Skip this place if you can !

Room Tip: Don't Go
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 February 2013

This 'inn' is very outdated. My husband commented he didn't think it had changed since he was there in the 80s, his comment was unnecessary because the hypnotic 1980s wall paper told the story itself. Overall, I thought it was going to be special because it's usually priced higher, but I actually prefer the sugar lodge which comes at a lower price. The bed was uncomfortable, the tiles were cracked, the sink was cracked, and when the water was turned on it ricocheted out of the sink and all over us and the wall - fun! The room was clean, just needs renovation. Included breakfast was good (although the french toast was a bit overly creative).

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Warren
Sugar Lodge at Sugarbush
The Sugartree Inn
The Sugartree Inn
#4 of 7 in Warren
Robert Frost Mountain Cabins

Been to Sugarbush Inn? Share your experiences!