“Great spot for a fall wedding!”

Clay Brook at Sugarbush
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Warren
Reviewed 27 September 2011

We spent the weekend at Clay Brook for our son's wedding - it was wonderful! Our suite was 2 bedrooms, 3 baths, with a spacious kitchen & dining area. Other family members had comparable accommodations - all with balconies facing pool/courtyard area. Staff was friendly & courteous & the setting amazing!

Rehearsal dinner was held at onsite Timbers Restaurant & my only real complaint was that I felt it took way too long from the time we ordered to time we were served. (we ate dinner there another night & it was fantastic) The organization of the wedding coordinating staff with the reception taking place in the Lodge was outstanding.

Brave guests could experience the zip-line & the chair lift ride on the weekend, and although we did not have much time to venture out into the surrounding area, I hear there are many breweries & other attractions to keep you occupied. I'd love to go back again!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank jaafha

Reviewed 28 July 2011

We stayed here for a wedding at the Clay Brook and received a one bedroom suite. The bedroom was a little on the small side, but the living area was HUGE!!! This suite was bigger than an NYC apartment and the appliances in the kitchen were brand new. The bed was very comfortable and the shower had decent pressure. The staff was super nice and extremely helpful.

My only complaint is there wasn't enough chairs by the pool for everyone to lay out, so get your chair early.

Because the hotel is literally at the bottom of the chair lift, I can imagine this is amazing in the winter - completely ski-in, ski-out. I don't know how much they charge in the winter, but for a nice summer get away it was definitely worth it.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank nekobaby
Reviewed 21 July 2011

Each year my in-laws give us a Christmas gift card for an overnight at different locations. This time it was for Clay Brook. Even though the website pictures are really good, when you're there in person it's just incredible. Placed at the base of the mountain, this resort has all the comforts of home and breathtaking views. We shared a 2 bedroom unit on the third floor with a good size balcony, 2 baths, flatscreens in 3 rooms and a full kitchen. We took lots of pictures of the property which I will include with this review. Had dinner at Splinters which is a remarkable building itself. Actually, the four of us had our dinners at the bar with great service from the bartender, Ed. Everyone's food was perfect and delicious. My wife had her best night of sleep on the road in quite some time. Went for breakfast to The Green Cup the next morning up to Waitsfield. That was really good too! My sister in law did the zip line back at the resort after breakfast while we watched and took pictures. Just want to mention that Matthew was very helpful to us at check-in as well as getting ice up to our room. We were sad to leave after just 20 hours at Clay Brook. Not a bad trip. One night at The Woodstock Inn and the next at Clay Brook. Can't wait to return to Sugarbush!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank 14alnjan
Reviewed 22 June 2011

From the second we arrived until the moment we left - everything was spectacular. The staff was very helpful. Check-in was easy. Valet was such a nice perk (especially the ski valet that handled our boots, boards, skis). Everything there was luxurious - but still quaint and "Vermonty" at the same time.
The room was fantastic - my mom and I had a girls weekend and we just gushed all weekend that it was worth every penny. We popped down to the little general store below and bought locally made snacks brought them back up to our room and sat by the fireplace enjoying the view of the slopes and just really loved it.
The skiing there is always amazing - no lines and the best terrain. Sugarbush has always been our favorite mountain and now that we've stayed at Claybrook we love it even more. Thank you! You must see it for yourself!!!

Room Tip: Go to the Sugarbush.com website for deals.
  • Stayed: February 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank VTBoarderGirl
Reviewed 19 June 2011

The accomadations were very very comfortable and tasetfully decorated rooms. I love the feel of being next to the mountains but easy acess to the town of Waitfield. The only compliant is the Timbers Restaurant with is attached to the complex was not what I expected. The food was good but not excellent for the price and do not order the house wine which was terrible. The staff was scattered and we must have had four different waiters. I would recommend going into the Town of Waitsfied for your meals.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 June 2011

...but we cheated and got spring prices. The rooms were impeccable. We got adjoining units that held 3 bedrooms, 3 full baths, 4 large flat screen TV's, a full kitchen, and a pull out sofa. It was pristine, brand new and a dream unit. I don't think I could afford it in season. We were placed just adjacent to the restaurant - frequently closed when we went. Free Keurig coffee at both ends, and because so few people were there, they let us park inside their garage. The staff could not have been more accomodating. Only 1 restaurant open at each meal, however, late in season. Food was quite good but service was slow. Outdoor pool was NOT heated once the high season is over leaving it relatively cold for April.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank BixUS
Reviewed 17 April 2011

The room was beautiful, although not spacious, and very clean. The pool and hot tub were lovely. I hit average to bad customer service as every turn. The front desk gal hadn't smiled in days. The ski valet wasn't open when I wanted my skis (twice) so I had to wait. I had to get ice for my knee at the bar?? The best service was from the bell men but they are working for tips.. bummer, the pool for hiring good customer service people is slim in this part of VT. Actually this would make be stay somewhere else next time despite the lovely property.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Warren
Sugar Lodge at Sugarbush
#5 of 24 in Stowe
The Warren Lodge
The Warren Lodge
#2 of 7 in Warren

Been to Clay Brook at Sugarbush? Share your experiences!