Our family recently spent a week at Clay Brook at Sugarbush. This is really a terrific place to stay. The location is unbeatable - right at the base of the slopes. The condos are very nice - comfortable, nice furniture, granite counters, solid kitchen, spacious, big windows looking onto the mountain. Unlike a lot of cheap ski area condos, this one seemed very solidly built - we couldn't hear any noise at all from neighboring rooms. And you have to see this place up close from the outside to appreciate what these folks have done - build this new slopeside condo development in the shape (and with the paint colors) of a traditional Vermont barn. What a cool idea.
* having the boot room, where they store and retrieve your boots every day.
* the ski shack up near the lifts, where they stored our skis overnight so we didn't have to trek them back to our room.
* the nice outdoor hot tubs which seemed clean and well-maintained, where we could watch the groomers working the slopes..
* the outdoor heated pool (well, our kids loved that anyway).
* being able to walk down the hall to Timbers, which is a beautiful restaurant with pretty good food overall.
We found the staff at Clay Brook, and at the mountain, to be very friendly and helpful.
The other thing to mention is that Sugarbush is just a fantastic ski area. We think it is the best in the east because it has a lot of terrain, very diverse for skiers of all levels, and you get access to both Sugarbush and Mt. Ellen ski areas on your ticket. Great skiing while we were there, and a good lift system to get you around the mountain without a lot of long traverses. We enjoyed our mid-mountain lunch at the small Allen's Lodge cabin (try their yummy clam chowder - seriously!).
The whole Mad River Valley has a very laid back and low key feel, which we enjoyed, but there are also some very good restaurants if you want to splurge.
- Also Known As:
- Clay Brook At Sugarbush Hotel Warren
- Clay Brook At Sugarbush Warren, Vermont