We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Washington
Vermont Grand View Farm and Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 1 Washington B&B and Inns
New York City, New York
“Wonderful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2013

Together with our 2-year old daughter we spent 4 days at VT Grand View Farm and couldn't have been happier! The rooms are very tastefully furnished and the beautiful porch is just great to hang out and enjoy the peace and quiet (especially when the two cats are around : ) The Goodlings really treated us like family and we felt absolutely at home, not to mention the A+ breakfast!! Being able to be close to the lovely animals on the farm was just great and we and especially our daughter enjoyed every minute of it! We hope to be back in spring to admire the lambs ... Thanks again for a wonderful stay and being such a great host!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Tappan, New York, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2013

My family and I visited the farm the second week of July. I cannot express how perfect our stay was. My 12 year old son had a blast working the farm and even learned how to drive a John Deer. The living space was so homey with just the right amount of privacy. And my hats off to Kim for keeping the place emaculate. I dont think i've ever stayed at a place that was as clean and comfortable as my home. Thank you Goodling Family for this experiance - we can't wait to come back!!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Julie V
Dallas, TX
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2013

We stayed at Vermont Grand View Farm B&B in early July while in Vermont to move our daughter to NECI culinary school in Montpelier. My husband and I with our two adult kids (24 and 21) thoroughly enjoyed our 4 day stay. First of all the farm itself is amazing with incredible views, animals and interesting history. Second, Kim and Chuck are delightful hosts - our breakfasts were delicious and carefully prepared, the home is very comfortable with every amenity carefully thought out, the tour of the farm and animals was fun and interesting and Kim shared her wool studio with us as well. Even though at first the drive from Montpelier seemed long, we appreciated it more every time we drove it - we saw beautiful sunsets, the wonderful rolling green mountains, rushing rivers and charming little villages/towns along the way. By the second day we were looking forward to our drive "home."

Kim was very helpful with ideas of what to explore in Vermont - and she has much information at the farm to share as well. Vermont is full of biking, hiking, farm markets, micro-breweries and fantastic restaurants! I highly recommend Vermont Grand View Farm as a centrally located, perfectly restful and comfortable place to stay for your next Vermont vacation. We sure hope to come back soon!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank curioustraveler05
Kim G, Owner at Vermont Grand View Farm and Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, 13 July 2013
Our farm, centrally located within the state, allows you to visit many tourist attractions, wineries, breweries, hiking trails, bike path, and villages, and use our farm as your base. This family fully took advantage of what Vermont has to offer! We are more than happy to help our guests plan their day trips!
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2013

My husband and I had a lovely stay at the Grand View Farm in June 2013. The rooms were cozy and clean and the hosts, Chuck and Kim, were very welcoming and gracious. We were given a tour of the sheep and chicken quarters and fell in love with the two barn cats, Moses and Aaron.
We would highly recommend this bed & breakfast particularly if you are looking for something off the beaten path.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Being "off the beaten path" is the beauty of Grand View Farm. Here, you will find rural Vermont farm life, with dirt roads, amazing sunsets, mountain views, and open fields.
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2013

We had an absolutely wonderful stay at the Grand View Farm in March 2013. We were looking for a chance to relax and unwind, and to get to participate in "a day in the life" of Vermont farmers. Chuck and Kim were gracious hosts - letting us do everything with them from feeding the sheep herd and collecting sap buckets to setting up the greenhouse for this season's crop of vegetables.

The highlight of the trip, by far, was getting to participate in the birthing of a baby lamb. We communicated with Kim before we got to the farm that we wanted to be a part of farm life, and the experience did not disappoint. They were even kind enough to let us name the baby lamb, so look out for Harvey the next time you visit.

I'd recommend this experience for anyone looking to spend some time with wonderful people on a beautiful, Vermont farm. One note: if you are traveling to the farm in mud season (March & April, usually), make sure to drive a car with snow tires or four wheel drive. The backroads on the way to the farm can be slick at this time of year.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Kim G, Owner at Vermont Grand View Farm and Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, 11 July 2013
This couple could not have timed their visit any better! What a pleasure to share the birth of a new lamb with them! When booking your reservation, let us know in what way you would like to participate in "farm life" and we will do our best to help you have the experiences you were hoping for.

The roads can be tricky during "Mud Season" in Vermont, but it is by far, one of my most favorite times of year here. The hope of spring is in the air and spirits run high with the locals as sap flows, making the sugar makers happy, and baby animals fill barns, making the farmers happy! We do not have 4 wheel drive on our everyday vehicles and seldom need it, but front wheel drive is a must during winter and mud season. We always try to keep our spring guests informed of the road conditions and have even offered, though always are declined, to shuttled guests from town up to our farm.
Vero Beach, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2013

With this being my first time in Vermont I was blown away at the natural beauty of the state. Simply stunning! Kim and I emailed several times before my trip so it felt like I was visiting friends by the time I arrived at the farm. Grand View Farm is in a remote hilltop area smack dab in the middle of loads to do! Chuck and Kim were both super helpful with providing ideas and directions for getting to museums, farms, eateries, shopping, and other area attractions (check out Quechee Gorge and the Quechee Gorge Antique Mall, Morse Farm, VINS, Ben and Jerry's, Stowe, Montpelier, and Church St in Burlington for just some of the great places to visit). Everything was a comforatble and scenic drive away (I headed North one day then South the next covering lots in each day). The breakfasts provided each day were made from locally grown and homemade ingredients and were absolutely delicious and filling enough that I ate a late lunch and then just snacked in the evening. This worked out well as the guest house has a kitchenette with a micro rather than a full kitchen. The guest house was spotlessly clean, the bed remarkably comfortable, and the bathroom stocked with shampoo, body wash, and hairdryer which I found to be very thoughtful. While helping with chores is optional, I strongly suggest you take advantage of this opportunity. Truly the highlight of my trip, getting to help with feeding the animals, fencing the pasture, etc allowed me to get up close and personal with the sheep (including 6 adorable lambs), llama, angora bunny, and chickens. Helping out also provided an opportunity to learn a great deal about the animals as well as fiber and maple syrup production. Guests are invited to roam the property but Kim did prepare me ahead of time that they ask guests to only enter the barn and barn yard with a member of the family present which was totally understandable for the protection of both the sheep and guests. In every interaction with Kim and Chuck is was easy to see that they are passionate about their animals and their way of life and that they love sharing both with their guests. While this was my first visit to Vermont it will certainly not be my last. I'm already planning my next visit and I'll be staying at the Grand View Farm.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank ErinMC2
Kim G, Owner at Vermont Grand View Farm and Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, 20 May 2013
Upon making her reservation, this guest requested to spend lots of time with our sheep and new lambs. She came with work clothes and mud boots in hand, anxious to fully experience life as a shepherd. She was up early every morning to help Chuck with chores and loved helping out where needed. It is our pleasure to share our farm with our guests. We look forward to her return visit to our farm!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2013

My kids (11 and 14), my mom and myself really enjoyed Grand View Farm. It was a really beautiful location, and the dirt roads were very well maintained especially since it was muddy spring season. Both bedrooms and the sitting room were sparkling clean and beautifully decorated. The food was delicious, and you could help as much or as little as you want. The animals are not just well taken care of but loved. Kim's yarn was beautiful, and we all took a felting class we loved!! It couldn't have been any better. Thank you Kim and Chuck!'

• Stayed April 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
What a delight to share our farm and fiber studio with this family! Upon making their reservation, this family requested a custom fiber class. Each family member chose a felting project to work on while here at the farm. After a 2 hour lesson, they were free to work at a leisurely pace on their projects throughout the remainder of their stay.

This family chose to stay close to the farm for most of the week. Bringing work boots with them, this family enjoyed helping with chores and tasks that needed to be done. They helped us in the greenhouse one day, as we reworked the planting beds, and helped keep close watch on our ewes that were soon to deliver. When not doing chores, they enjoyed relaxing and reading books!

Our little kitchen area was put to hard use this week as they had come prepared to make their lunches and some dinners here. The microwave oven came in handy to heat soups and dinners. The small refrigerator was perfect for storing their food.

Been to Vermont Grand View Farm and Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!