“Great food and tap selection”

The Reservoir - Restaurant and Tap Room
Ranked #3 of 38 Restaurants in Waterbury
Price range: US$7 - US$18
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Bar Scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 31 March 2014

I heard about this place from friends. We stopped here on our way up to Stowe Ski resort. The Reservoir is conveniently located just off the highway in the town of Waterbury. Parking can be easily found in the municipal lot down the street.

The place has a great atmosphere. Near the entrance is a replica of the leg lamp from "A Christmas Story". The front room is the dining area, and the back room is the bar area. In the back room, you'll find various ski run signs on the wall, a pool table, and a popcorn machine.

There is an excellent selection of beer on tap. Several brews have a 10% alcohol content but of course are served with smaller pours. For dinner, my friend had the fish and chips, and I had the fish tacos. Both meals were excellent.

Service and food were great. I'd recommend this establishment.

Reviewed 5 March 2014

For this type of restaurant it is one of the best that I have been so far. Food was amazing and service above expectations. Our server Chelsea was very knowledgeable and friendly. Menu options are great and beer list is amazing. So many good local Vermont beers and other more popular ones. Both me and my girlfriend ate chilly soup and then we got two customized burgers. Would highly recommend it if you want to try something when in Vermont. Definitely going to come back to this place.

Reviewed 25 February 2014

Stopped in after a LONG drive to a wonderful dinner, excellent food, professional attentive service, great drinks, warm space & welcoming atmosphere. Excellent turkey burger! The Rez Dogs come with chili fries and were just too much in both quantity & spice for our 13 year old--should have gone with the chicken fingers & fries :) Staff was very nice about us just relaxing & sticking around a bit after dinner without feeling as though we needed to rush off. Thanks for a nice end to a long day!

Reviewed 18 February 2014 via mobile

While staying in Waitsfield at the Mad River Inn, the innkeeper told us of this place & the beer selection & delicious food. We took his advice and decided to head there for the afternoon to drink, eat, and check out the little town of Waterbury. All I have to say is WOW!!! The food is incredible! The egg rolls were the best and most delicious I've ever had, and that hummus plate!!!
This place is hands down the most tasty in town! And the beer selection is impressive!! Definitely go here when you're in Waterbury!

Reviewed 12 February 2014

We stopped here for dinner. The soup special was Curried Cauliflower. It was delicious. And the beer selection was great, featuring several VT microbrews.