“Great Pub Food, Beer List and Service, Excellent!”

The Reservoir - Restaurant and Tap Room
Ranked #4 of 36 Restaurants in Waterbury
Price range: US$7 - US$18
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Local cuisine, Groups, Kids, Child-friendly, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Drinks, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Warren, Vermont
“Great Pub Food, Beer List and Service, Excellent!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2014

Went during the week with my Daughter for my first time, my daughter has eaten there before. We split wings and Poutine to start, both great, wings were "fall off the bone" perfect. The Poutine was authentic, it had cheese curds, not melted cheddar, and a very nice gravy. My daughter had the Burger, great presentation, and was delicious. I had the Flatiron Steak, it was on a bed of fingerlings and asparagus, topped with Shrimp, and a wonderful sauce, most importantly, cooked exactly how I asked! Beer list is very solid, I had a Hill Farmstead, my daughter had a hard cider. The manager also showed us their new events room, very classy, great for a party/ rehearsal dinner. Price point, was all spot on, great value! I am in the restaurant business, and I will be returning to the Rez on my off evenings!
Cheers Reservoir!

• Visited May 2014

san clemente, CA
“Good food, good beer selection”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2014

Recommended by locals. Great choice. Had the chipotle chicken sandwich which was very good. Others had hamburgers which were good. Beer recommended by servers were excellent. Specialize in local beers. Service was very attentive and all suggestions were spot on.

• Visited May 2014
Barre Town, VT
“Absolutely perfect”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2014 via mobile

I have been here many times, went again last night, and it was so good, I felt obligated to write a review. The food is always amazing with all ingredients being fresh and of the highest quality; when you're really into food, you can just tell. They also literally have some of the best beers in the world on tap. Always very busy and the service is great considering how busy they are. I just noticed that someone wrote a review giving this place 1 star saying that they went there, the place was closed, and they thought the entrance was dangerous. All I can really say is, voyagerVermont must be one of those special people in this world that can find something to complain about anywhere with anything. I have two boys ages 4 and 5, and I have been taking them there since ages 2 and 3, in the summer and winter, and I have NEVER noticed any issue whatsoever with the entrance. I hope voyagerVermont reads this and realizes that the bulk of trip advisor users don't want to hear about your stupid little complaints, and we don't want to look up reviews that are lowered by someone like you who has never even set foot in the restaurant! Get a life! Read my reviews people, I call it like it is good or bad, and as a frequent traveler, I can tell you that this is one of the best restaurants that I have ever been to in this price range, and everything here is perfectly amazing inside and out! :-)

• Visited April 2014
Williamstown, Vermont
“Entrance Dangerous”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2014

We had heard how good this restaurant was, so stopped by on a weekday passing through Waterbury, not realizing lunch was not served exc. on weekends, so can't comment on food, ambiance, etc. However, the shallow, tall steps leading up to the door were of very crumbling cement, with a metal support bar tacked onto left side of steps on building..not very handy for a right handed person.

I'm surprised this was not mentioned in any review, or that the state allows this very dangerous entrance to remain without repairing.

Visited March 2014
2 Thank voyagerVermont
alkalinetrio, Owner at The Reservoir - Restaurant and Tap Room, responded to this review, 7 April 2014
We wanted to respond with your comments and let you know that the stairs are going to be addressed. The front of our building is in the state right of way and the state is going to be removing the stairs and replacing them as well as all the roads and sidewalks downtown. It was going to be next summer but now we are hearing later. It is a little bit out of our control, we are only one of 3 tenants in the building. Our landlord has promised a repair this summer to bridge the gap until the state totally rebuilds them. The repairs can only take place when the weather warms up a bit more. Thanks for the concerns and hopefully we can have a repair done for your next visit and we can be reviewed on our restaurant experience!
Connecticut
“Great food and tap selection”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2014

I heard about this place from friends. We stopped here on our way up to Stowe Ski resort. The Reservoir is conveniently located just off the highway in the town of Waterbury. Parking can be easily found in the municipal lot down the street.

The place has a great atmosphere. Near the entrance is a replica of the leg lamp from "A Christmas Story". The front room is the dining area, and the back room is the bar area. In the back room, you'll find various ski run signs on the wall, a pool table, and a popcorn machine.

There is an excellent selection of beer on tap. Several brews have a 10% alcohol content but of course are served with smaller pours. For dinner, my friend had the fish and chips, and I had the fish tacos. Both meals were excellent.

Service and food were great. I'd recommend this establishment.

• Visited March 2014