“Melt in your mouth French dip.”
Review of Maxi's Restaurant

Maxi's Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 36 Restaurants in Waterbury
Cuisines: American
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Montréal
“Melt in your mouth French dip.”
Reviewed 20 August 2014 via mobile

Driving trough Waterbury went at Maxi's for lunch. The service was fast and full of smiles. I ordered the French Dip which is a beef sandwich with Au jus. The bread was like a sponge for the nice Au jus and the meat was some of the most tender beef I've tasted in a sandwich. You have to go there.

Visited August 2014

Barre, Massachusetts
“I would go back there in a heart beat”
Reviewed 6 August 2014

We were just looking for any place to eat breakfast. It was recommended by a local. The food was delicious with a nice presentation. Also, the portions were large. I had a belgian waffle with strawberries with, of course, vermont maple syrup. My friends had omelets and irish benedict. Everyone liked the food and the prices were very reasonable.

• Visited August 2014
Vermont
“Disappointed”
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Three of us stopped in for a quick lunch before a long trip to southern Vt. It ended up taking an hour and a half. One of us asked if the teriyaki sauce had gluten in it and the server said she'd check. Ten minutes later she came back and said they were checking on it. We ordered a bloody mary and it arrived without any of the usual celery, olives, lemon etc. When we asked for celery the server said they were out of celery. She brought our food out and said the teriyaki sauce had gluten in it so they left it off. My turkey pannini was delicious but not a paninni, just grilled. They forgot the pickle for it. My daughter's pulled pork was a bit dry and they forgot the coleslaw. So we asked for pickles and coleslaw and more water. The burger was well done instead of medium rare so we had to send it back and get another! Nothing was done to compensate for the fact that the rest of us were done with our meals before she got her burger. All three of us waitress at different restaurants and were really disappointed to have horrible service. So many people have gluten allergies these days that it really shouldn't be that hard to find out if it's in the food. The restaurant I work at has an entire gluten free menu and gluten free rolls. Come on are you really out of celery?? Skip this place!

• Visited July 2014
New Hampshire
“great variety”
Reviewed 22 June 2014

We try to get to Maxi's whenever we are in the Waterbury area. Breakfast's are great and plentiful. My favorite is a toss up between the turkey sandwich at lunch and the ultra creamy gouda mac and cheese. stopped after a day of roadtripping around Vermont for dinner and I had the pork chop with gouda mac the chop had a slighty maple flavor which blended well with the onions and peppers that topped it. kept trying to wipe up the chees sauce from my mac and cheese with my pork chop so as not to miss a bit of the sauce. Hubby had the Cuban and it was very well done would have been better on a crustier bread as it comes on white bread but overall very good. took home some of their drunken apple bread pudding and am preparing to eat that this am. overall a must stop in Waterbury. my other favorite thing about this place is it's not snotty like a lot of the area restaurants in the area catering to the ski crowd.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank jck100529
Ottawa, Canada
“Another great lunch at Maxi's”
Reviewed 8 June 2014

On our return trip from a shopping spree in North Conway, we dropped into Maxi's for lunch just before 1 pm. My partner had a standard breakfast and left nothing on her plate. I was needlessly worried that the post-church crowd would be lined up ahead of us as in the past. This was our third visit and we were pleased. The server didn't know much about the special "club sandwich" and whether it was served with chips or fries. When she asked other staff and returned with the response "with chips", my partner asked for eggs, bacon and toast. I ordered the Maxi burger with blue cheese, fries and a chocolate shake. Service was friendly and frequent. Another good visit to this establishment.

• Visited June 2014