“Extra credit for excellent service”
Review of The Blue Stone

The Blue Stone
Ranked #6 of 38 Restaurants in Waterbury
Price range: US$7 - US$26
Cuisines: Pizza, Pub, Grill, Brew Pub
Dining options: After-hours
Description: Vermont's best Hand Tossed Pizza and Bar Fare featuring 19 draft beers. Open for both lunch and dinner, family friends and room for large parties
Reviewed 5 June 2014

The staff was great, above and beyond. It's nice to see that some of that Vermont neighborly atmosphere is still alive and well!

1  Thank s_biczko

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Some friends recommended we try this new choice for pizza in the area and they were correct that the food is terrific. Really different choices for toppings. We will be going back!

1  Thank cearley
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Highly recommended by locals. Has a standard pizza menu and also a seasonal one. Had the mushroom pizza off the latter which was great. Also had the best poutine, I had in VT.

1  Thank westphillyboy
Reviewed 9 May 2014

The menu was unique and the food fantastic! Portions were generous. We had an excellent waitress as well.

1  Thank jmalachowski
Reviewed 25 April 2014

I've been to The Blue Stone about 4-5 times, and every pie I've ordered has been better than the last. I haven't seen another place that offers the variety of toppings or better house pizzas. They also offer 5 or 6 pizzas that change seasonally and push the envelope creatively. You won't find a greasy pizza at this place. Right now, my favorite pie is called the Woodchuck.

I brought my brother out to The Blue Stone the other day. We both live and grew up in Vermont. He quickly said it was the best pizza he'd ever had, and that was before I could even ask what he thought.

If you're looking for a beer, nobody can go wrong with ordering a Heady Topper or two with your food. Tough to find it outside Central VT, and #1 beer worldwide according to Beer Advocate.

If you live in the area or are just passing through, The Blue Stone is definitely worth it.

1  Thank Eric L