“Outstanding meal”

Dining options: Reservations
connecticut
“Outstanding meal”
Reviewed 23 August 2014 via mobile

Our party of four had a very enjoyable meal ;one of our best in the Stowe area. The service was very prompt and friendly. Our waitress was very efficient and knowledgable.

We had the potato chips with the blue cheese. The spinach salad and the Caesar salad were exceptional.
For our meals we had a wonderful seafood stew, recommended by the waitress. The buttermilk battered chicken was great as was the salmon. The evening was made even better when one of our part who is very hard to please in a restaurant and usually finds fault with something said the meal and service were excellent. The highest complement we have heard from him of any restaurant. And he has eaten in Michelin starred restaurants. I would highly recommend Tanglewoods to anyone who enjoys good food.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Thoroughly impressed!”
Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

My husband and I were in town recently visiting family and also celebrating our anniversary. I'm currently pregnant and have some limitations on what I can eat so we settled on Tanglewoods based on their online menu. We'd heard great reviews and decided to give it a shot. My husband ordered the clam chowder and I ordered a basic salad as appetizers and they were both incredible. When our meals came it got even better! I ordered the fried chicken medallions and he ordered a steak and we were both so impressed! The chicken medallions must be a super secret family recipe because the flavor was incredible. My husband had to doggie bag part of his steak (and he can eat!). We then ordered the creme brûlée to share and that was also great. The service was pleasant and the restaurant was warm and cozy. We'll definitely be back!

“Disappointed”
Reviewed 16 August 2014

We have been to Tanglewoods several times and have always enjoyed the food. But last night I was very disappointed. I ordered the apple brined pork lion special with a Demi- glacé, brussel sprouts and a fingerling/bacon hash. The pork was very over cooked and dry, no sauce was on it, no sprouts or potato hash on the plate. I received a scoop of the regular night vegetables of carrots, broccoli and squash. While the appetizers were tasty, my dinner was not. In addition, a child of an employee was running back and forth in the aisle with mom scurrying after. Unfortunately, I will take my business to my new fave in town, the Res.

• Visited August 2014
Montpelier, Vermont
“One of our favorites!”
Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

We only live 20 minutes away and over they years, Tanglewoods has become one of our favorite destinations when we want a good meal.
The people here are always friendly and welcoming. The food is consistenly excellent!
Be sure to try the ceasar salad. They make it with toasted walnuts and red peppers . . .outstanding!
Their prices are very fair.
All in all, it is just a great place, and we just keep going back for more. We are sold!

Visited August 2014
Milford, Massachusetts
“Quiet Sunday night”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

This restaurant is off the main road so it might be somewhat overlooked. That would not be a good idea because this eatery is very good. We have been vacationing in the Stowe area for years but have not tried this place before this July. We discovered it by following a sign for a farm stand. We read the reviews on trip advisor and dedicated an evening to try their food. Set in what appears to be a large former barn,the atmosphere is cozy and comfortable. There is outside seating when appropriate. The food was well prepared and tasty. There is a full bar and many Vermont craft beers to choose from. Menu is not huge but there are choices that appeal to all major food categories. I guess the greatest thing I can say is that I can't wait to revisit this restaurant.

• Visited July 2014