All reviewsmount snowlong weekendwestvermontskiingdogwinter
Reviewed 17 March 2014

Cyndee, Ron and her team love what they do, and that love translates directly into the experience they provide their guests. The Snow Goose is a lovely and charming inn run by warm and attentive people. My lady and I were there to ski, and the inn's delicious breakfast begins early enough to hit the mountain for first tracks but runs late enough for anyone who's looking for a more leisurely start to the day. The rooms are charming and well appointed, and the fireplaces make for a warm and romantic environment. The inn seems to be self-selecting in terms of guests: everyone else in the inn during our time there was friendly and happy. My *solitary* critique would be that the mattress in the first room we were in was too hard for our liking, but Cyndee didn't bat an eye when we asked to switch rooms. After switching rooms, it was the ideal stay in a perfect place.

Room Tip: We have a tempurpedic mattress at home, and we're accustomed to plush but supportive beds. If you tend to be picky about beds, you might ask Cyndee for her guidance on which room to choose based on the quality of the mattresses. The rooms are all great, but the beds vary from room to room.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 March 2014

Loved my visit to Snow Goose- exactly what I was looking for- quaint B&B with awesome breakfast choices, close to skiing/restaurants/activities. Owners Cyndee and Ron were the most gracious hosts, and made sure that all my needs were met- shortcuts to Stratton, tips on best restaurants, recos on hiking etc. Plus the highlight was the happy hour every eve, talking to Cyndee/Ron and fellow guests by a wonderful fire, and drinking wine (or tea!) with Vermont cheese, and hearing and telling great stories! Loved it!!

My POV: This may not be the best place for you if you:
- prefer standardized hotel accommodations
- hate eating breakfast
- want to have wild, loud all-nite parties on site
- expect luxurious furniture, huge/wide screen TVs (though rooms have TVs, + free wireless!)

Otherwise, I highly reco Snow Goose!

Room Tip: Let Cyndee know your needs and she can recommend the best room for you
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Biedross
Reviewed 10 March 2014

The inn is the perfect place for a getaway. The inn keeper Cyndee is incredibly friendly and knowledgeable. She is also a superb chef who offers an extensive breakfast menu featuring local ingredients. The incredible Vermont cheddar is also available after skiing with wine by the fire place.

The property is gorgeous and really convenient for skiing at Mount Snow or hiking. Cyndee has tons of recommendations for experiencing Vermont during winter and summer. The rooms are large yet cozy with fireplaces and jacuzzis.

I can't wait to return!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Nina H
Reviewed 23 February 2014

Recently stayed here for a short ski trip to Mount Snow. The inn is very comfortable, and family friendly. They have rooms that can accommodate a variety of family sizes. Right down the road from Mount Snow, Timber Creek XC, and plenty more.
The breakfast was absolutely delicious, and a great way to start a day on the slopes. Cindy, the host is such a wonderful woman. She made our family feel very welcome and at home. She was wonderful to sit and chat with, and extremely helpful with suggestions on dining, etc We would stay here again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 February 2014

My wife and I spent Valentine weekend at the Snow Goose and had a wonderful time. We have been going to Mount Snow for years and have always stayed on the mountain but decided to change it up. It could not have worked out any better. Our room was really comfortable and having a fireplace really made our nights cozy. The breakfast that Cyndee and her staff put together every morning was spectacular. I'm still craving the eggs benedict. We can't wait to return to the Snow Goose inn.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple