After I booked I read the reviews and I am not sure what some people expect from a place where you can ski and stay for five days, 2 adults and 2 kids, for less than $1000. Regular ski passes alone would have cost more than that for the week! We travel a lot and spending this kind of money for a week of skiing means we don't have to give up trips at Christmas and other holidays.
Obviously the Snow Lake Lodge is not a five star venue, but the beds were fine and rooms clean. Perhaps the one thing that really needs updating is the carpet. It is worn and dirty, but heck bring flip flops! However, to balance that one negative out the staff were super friendly. We arrived at 1.00 am, the gentleman behind the desk helped unload and gave me the ski tickets for the week with the key to our room. No waiting in line for me.
The breakfast was fine. Cereal, coffee, bagels, toast, muffins, danish, hard boiled eggs, juice etc. The hot tubes, indoor and outdoor, were old but clean and a great hit with the kids. The pub is fine, they sell beer and burgers, what more can you ask for after a hard day on the mountain?
We skied the last day and even though we had checked out in the morning they let us use the hot tub and showers so we could get on the road clean!
I'll be back
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located lakeside with spectacular views of the mountain, Snow Lake Lodge, Mount Snow's economy lodge with basic rooms, is a real value. A free shuttle will take you to and from the slopes and you are walking distance from a great evening of entertainment at the Snowbarn (open winter and some special events only). After a full day of play, take a soothing sauna or hop into the indoor or outdoor hot tub. Walt's Pub with light fare menu, schedule varies. Light continental breakfast included in the rates during the ski/snowboard season only, served daily 7-10 am. This is a non-smoking lodge. Features: 92 rooms. Indoor hot tub and sauna and outdoor hot tub. Free WiFi in common areas and the majority of guest rooms. Snow Lake Lodge is on the "MOOver" shuttle route. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and Booking.com so you can book your Snow Lake Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Snow Lake Hotel Dover
- Mount Snow Snow Lake Lodge Hotel
- Snow Lake West Dover
- Snow Lake Lodge Vermont/Dover