“Time of your life!”

and 1 more site!
Cooper Hill Inn
Ranked #9 of 12 Dover B&B and Inns
Reviewed 27 September 2012

Charles you magnificient amazing innkeeper, Thank you for making our stay so delightful. Let me tell all of you on the webs how amazing this place is. I don't think you can get better views. We went hiking and didn't find better views. THE VIEWS! the rooms were cozy and comfortable and that's not code for small and cramped.. that literally means they were well decorated and clean and made you feel like you were going home for bed after a long day of being in one of the most beautiful parts of the country. Yeah i mean it, the whole dang country.

It would be a shame if you didn't go here. It would be a shame if you didn't decide to visit vermont. Charles gave us great tips on where to go and what to do.

The breakfast was delectable.

Unfortunately didn't get to meet Lee, but I hear that she's great and her food is great.

Can I just quickly tell you that the garden out back is so well stocked with all sorts of fruits and vegetables that they actually use for their breakfasts!

Their maple syrup comes from their neighbor!

Yeah I think I might want to live here, but I can't it's an Inn and I'm just a student. But if you get a chance to come to Vermont then stay with Charles and Lee at the Cooper Hill Inn. It will be magical. I guarantee.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view!
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 26 September 2012

My husband and I just got back from our stay at Cooper Hill Inn. We loved our room. It was clean bright and the bed was so comfortable.The view from our windows was astounding, Mount Snow on one side & the sunrise on the other. Lee and Charles were fabulous hosts so down to earth and interesting to talk to. The best part was the food, Charles made the breakfasts. His french toast was perfect as was the bacon, just the way I like it, nice and crispy! We had dinner there one night also and the menu was outstanding. My mouth is still watering for her beef with pepper sauce! I would recommend anyone to stay there who loves a relaxing time. Thank you Lee & Charles

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 August 2012

Breath taking doesn't adequately describe this property's view, high atop a hill in Vermont. The inn was very convenient to our plans including museums, nature/outdoor activities and a little shopping. Everyday started with a healthy and satisfying breakfast. As it was mid-week, we were the only guests and I felt an little guilty having such great service and food without pitching in. The room was very very nice and with a great view. We were a little aprehensive about Dinner, my travelling partner can be a little weary of new dishes. We both thought the food was outstanding. We asked our host Lee if she had a cookbook. She laughed but we were dead serious. Charles (our other host) had a few conversations regarding landscaping and flowers/plants. My friend had been a caretaker for an estate in Connecticut so they compared ideas and gardening nfo. We both enjoyed numerous conversations with the hosts and found that the hosts and I were all in the finance industry for many years. When we weren't eating or talking, we spent much time, watching the hummingbirds dashing about and watching the gold finch feeding in the backyard. We would definitely return, maybe in the winter to snowshoe/cross country skiing. So if you are looking for restaurant chain food, in room tv's and bright telephone pole lights to dim the stars. Please stay home. Thank you so much Lee and Charles

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank hiker53nh
Reviewed 8 August 2012

My boyfriend and I just got back from our mid-week visit to Cooper Hill Inn. Being an off-peak season, it was very quiet. For us, that was perfect, because we wanted to get away from the city and just enjoy being outside and relaxing. The first night, we sat outside just to look at the stars for a while.

We spent our days hiking mostly. There are lot of different levels of trails nearby, including mount snow which also had mountain biking. There are also some good restaurants nearby, but be sure to leave at least one evening free to have dinner at the inn. Lee's dinner was delicious, and we were able to use our knowledge from the cooking class to talk about what we were eating.

I recommend it highly. The owners are both kind and friendly, and the inn itself is a wonderful place to spend a relaxing vacation.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Julia K
Reviewed 26 July 2012

Last weekend we had the pleasure of staying at the Cooper Hill Inn in East Dover, Vermont.
The inn is very nice perched on top of a mountain and has spectacular views. Although the room was small we had a wonderful king sized bed (extremely comfortable) and a partial view of the mountains and it was very clean although it smelled a bit musty. The hosts Charles and Lee were very friendly and interesting having lived all over the world and were just as interested in our backgrounds as we were in theirs. We felt very comfortable here like we were part of a family and we were encouraged to use the porch, deck and living room where we all wound up on sat night with two other couples and enjoyed our complimentary wine and cheese after a wonderfully delicious dinner cooked by Lee. We love Chinese food and this was really authentic and delicious and plenty to eat. The cooking class on sunday morning was interesting and although I felt some of the younger crowd were a bit bored with Lee's history of Asia my husband and I thorougly enjoyed it, I wish we had spent a bit more time cooking and a little less talking. My husband left his cell phone charger in the room and they were very kind to send it out to us priority mail the next day at no charge. Charles was extremely kind and cooked me french toast on sunday as I heard Lee say to another guest that Charles was famous for his french toast, so I left him a note on his desk to ask if he would make if for us on Sunday and he did and it was certainly delicious. Charles cooks the breakfast and Lee the dinner, a perfect compliment to each other
I would definitely stay here again and frankly the no TV in the room was not an issue for us at all as we were out and about all day and when we got back to the inn at night we fell asleep, who needs TV?
So thank you again for a wonderful weekend and we hope to be back there sometime.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sandra195310
Reviewed 23 May 2012

We loved our weekend getaway at Cooper Hill Inn! It was just the right medicine for us as two hard working helping professionals who needed a quiet retreat to rest and recover. The hosts were friendly and helpful in every way. Lee's cooking was delicious and even though I have a fair bit of experience with Asian cooking I definitely learned a few new tricks in her cooking class. We especially appreciated Lee's values in using fresh, locally grown, seasonal, organic ingredients. Charles gave us directions to a nearby farmer's market and a cheese shop for more local culinary treats. I can't believe another reviewer complained about no tv's in the rooms. Who needs tv when there are wonderful natural views and walking trails everywhere! (Although we did enjoy a movie in their big screen tv room one night). The spectacular sunrise coming through our window each morning was a lovely bonus. I highly recommend this to anyone who could really use a healthy, relaxing retreat in the rolling hills of Vermont. ~ Siobhan & Grant, Ontario, Canada

Room Tip: You can let your hosts know if you prefer a sunrise or a sunset view from your room.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 May 2012

First let me say the inn is really pretty and the view amazing. However it's not handicap friendly, guest rooms are on the second floor, the stair case only has railing on one side. We never received an email regarding dinner,so we had to go out and try to find a place to eat, which cost us an additional $40.00, when we came back all the other guests were having a great time enjoying dinner. The next morning at breakfast they were talking about how much food there was, to bad the inn keepers couldn't find enough to add us. Also, there was a thirty dollar credit for dinners which we never got and the owners never mentioned it to us.
There are no tv's in the rooms, there is a tv room. There's no air conditioning that we could see, we kept the window open to get some air and it rained all night so we had to keep a towel on the window sill.

The owners are nice, but seem to us not really interested in bending to accommodate the guests.

I think it should have been noted on the offer that the inn was. Not handicap friendly and they have a tv room versus tv's in each room.

There was only one chair in the room and it was very low to the floor and uncomfortable.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
CharlesandLee, Owner at Cooper Hill Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2012

We are sorry that this guest did not enjoy their stay with us. We love the interaction that we normally have with our guests and take our energy from them. We are a small country Inn with all ten of our rooms on the second floor of the building. We have never represented it as handicapped friendly and there was no mention of any problem with stairs when the reservation was made. We follow a deliberate policy of not having TVs in the rooms as guests seem to appreciate the difference and enjoy interacting together in the big TV/game room or in the Living room by the fireplace. We are off the beaten track and we accept guests by reservation only, so our guests are generally looking for something a little different. We are particularly chagrin that this guest chose not to participate in our dinner as we are very proud of our food. We serve eclectic Asian food family style, and we only serve guests of the Inn. We sent this guest an email with the menu but she did not respond and we only prepare food for those who have confirmed that they will be dinning with us. Had the guest expressed an interest when she arrived we would have done our best to accommodate her but she did not mention dinner until shortly before it was being served to our other guests. Our rooms do not have air conditioning. That is not generally an issue as our nights are quite cool here at 2300 feet in the Green Mountains.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Dover
Snow Lake Lodge
Grand Summit Resort Hotel
Gray Ghost Inn
Gray Ghost Inn
#3 of 12 in Dover

Been to Cooper Hill Inn? Share your experiences!