“Beautiful place, friendly service stunning views”
Review of Cooper Hill Inn

and 1 more site!
Cooper Hill Inn
Ranked #7 of 12 Dover B&B and Inns
Reviewed 14 March 2013

It would be hard to imagine a nicer place to stay. The owners, Charlie and Lee are wonderful, considerate hosts. Our room was spotless and well appointed. Of special interest is the authentic Chinese food that Lee can prepare ( she is Chinese) if prior arrangements are made. An easy drive to Mt. Snow, but there are great snowshoeing and XC trails right at the inn. All in all this was the epitome of a Vermont vacation.

There are newer reviews for Cooper Hill Inn

Reviewed 7 March 2013 via mobile

March 2013 stay... Good review due to the stay, rough time trying to use my livIng social, bought a 2 day stay thru living social in 2012, was planning to give them a bad review as I tried reserving 4 times and was denied every time, I called 3 wks prior to it expiring and Lee told me they were booked every weekend that I should've called sooner, wouldn't extend it so I lost the 2 days. We finally got to use the face value of the voucher this past Wed for only 1 night since i wasnt going to pay the difference, so I lost some $, but that's ok, my decision, wanted to use it on a weekend but that wasnt going to happen, i called last weekend and Lee said to me "we dont have the room booked but weekends are our busiest time so i would like to keep it available for paying customers" (not kidding) experience left a sour taste in my mouth. Ok now the good part, in regards to the stay, million dollar view, very relax atmosphere, just what we needed to get away from the city life. Decor is outdated but not bad, clean place, both Charles and Lee were very nice, would stay again just not buy a living social, never had this happen to me before, and I use groupon and living social very often. They did give us a bottle of wine, stay was incredible though, would recommend if u are looking for a quiet time!

• Stayed: March 2013
2  Thank ilianad
Reviewed 28 February 2013

My wife, daughter and I stayed Presidents weekend at at the inn. We had a comfortable room, enjoyed relaxing in the two common rooms, delighted in delicious breakfasts. Charles and Lee are accommodating hosts who are most interesting to talk with. We had a very late arrival and they stayed up to wait for us. The inn is situated at the top of a hill affording spectacular views. Close to skiing. We recommend that you stay here.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 February 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed for a weekend to go skiing. The inn is located in a beautiful setting (and would have had a spectacular view if not for the snowstorms!), and there are fantastic facilities for cross-country as well as downhill skiing nearby. We had a good day at Timber Creek nearby, but the second day we went 20 minutes west to Prospect Mountain, which was AMAZING for cross-country. Charles and Lee were good hosts who clearly enjoyed getting to know their guests, and we enjoyed breakfasts and the dinner we had (wonderful soup, Asian stir fries, especially the swordfish!). Charles's wine choices are great. The only word of caution I'd give is that the facilities are pretty budget. We went on a LivingSocial voucher, and we didn't have high expectations, so we weren't disappointed, but this is not the inn to choose for a dream romantic getaway. The decor in the rooms was spartan, fixtures were a bit rusty, the bed in our room was two twin beds pushed together, there was a small but annoying early morning plumbing problem, and somehow even in the middle of a blizzard there were a couple of flies buzzing away on our ceiling. Overall, I'd say it's a great place for a skiing getaway, but not if what you're looking for is a luxurious atmosphere.

Room Tip: If I ever went again, I'd make sure to spring for one of the costlier rooms.
Reviewed 19 February 2013

Charles and Lee were very accomodating and very friendly. The building was very nice, the views great, and the breakfast delicious. We did not have dinner there, but it sounded great. I would highly recommend Cooper Hill Inn to anyone.

1  Thank Ken W
Reviewed 23 January 2013

I stayed at Cooper Hill one weekend in January. There were only two other rooms in use that weekend, so it was a small crowd.

My room, a king suite, had a gas fireplace and a whirlpool tub. Both were well used over the course of the weekend. Wifi is free and easily accessible. I attended both the cooking class and Saturday night dinner. Lee is am amazing cook, and very knowledge as well.

I would definitely return.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank knobhdy
Reviewed 14 January 2013

My girlfriend and I stayed during Jan. 2013 for two nights. Charles and Lee are both extremely nice and friendly people. We lucked out big time because there were only two other couples that stayed at the Inn. Having dinner at the Inn was a great idea for us because we made friends with these couples. Lee's Chinese food is amazing and breakfast is great too. She even provided us with Apples to Apples after dinner. We drank wine and played til wee hours in the morning next to the fireplace in the living room.

The water pressure in the bathroom was excellent. There was plenty of hot water for us. Both of us didn't like the old smell in the rooms but otherwise we had a great time. I did find it interesting though that Charles didn't fully salt the driveway. We had freezing rain the night we arrived and I had to go back and forth to my car to move things in. The driveway was literally an ice skating rink.

Otherwise we had a great time during our two night stay. Charles and Lee are great people, the rooms were great, the stay was excellent and we are looking forward to recommending people to this Inn and us coming back in the near future!

Room Tip: Ask how many couples are staying. We lucked out with the only people in one wing. I imagine if the I...
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dover
West Dover Inn
#9 of 12 in Dover
Four Columns Inn
Four Columns Inn
#1 of 5 in Newfane

Been to Cooper Hill Inn? Share your experiences!