“Very tasty meal”

Good for: Child-friendly, Romantic, Bar Scene, Groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Home Style
Cross street: Parsonage Rd
Transit: The 1846 is a 3 minute walk from the closest local bus stop - the MOOver.
Description: You can have exceptional, top of the line fine dining quality food and still have a fun, relaxing evening too. At our house, no need to worry about talking too loud or using the wrong fork. Relax, eat, enjoy. Step through our 19th century doors and savor our 21st century legacy. Once a popular stagecoach stop, the 1846 Tavern and Restaurant at the West Dover Inn continues an important American tradition begun over 160 year ago. Nestled away in Vermont’s picturesque Green Mountains, this historic tavern and restaurant lovingly blends fresh local ingredients with modern inventive recipes to create a fun and memorable night out. Our sauces are hand crafted, our certified Black Angus burgers and steaks are hand-cut and our fresh seafood hand selected. Enjoy an intimate fireside dinner in the dining room, a fun family night out in the restaurant or a cold drink while watching the game and listening to live music in the tavern.
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Enjoyed a delicious meal tonight before beginning the Green Mountain Adventure Challenge. Food was very nicely presented , not typical bar food. We tried shepherds pie and chicken parm. Apple pie a la mode was excellent with just the right amount of spices.

Reviewed 11 August 2014

We decided to eat here after receiving our first clue on the Green Mountain Adventure Challenge. Dinner on the patio was very nice. Food was great. We finished the challenge the next day with a couple of beers in the bar. I would definitely return and recommend.

1  Thank DConnor_Henniker
Reviewed 8 August 2014

The food is good American choice, one or two of the bar/wait staff are a little scary, but the Owners are very helpful and welcoming

Reviewed 4 August 2014

The drinks were average, but the live entertainment was good and we had a nice time listening and singing with the lobe guitar player. Not a bad way to spend an evening out.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

We stayed at West Dover Inn so we were lucky enough to enjoy both a dinner and a breakfast! Our dinner was delicious, I had the special: Massachusetts striped bass with corn risotto and tomato basil salad, my boyfriend had a burger made with local beef and Vermont cheddar and hand cut french fries. Everything about both of our meals was delicious!

We sat at the bar, and got to chatting with two couples sitting near us, and the bartender, Joe. It was great company! We had a couple 1846 Pale Ales which are brewed locally for the Tavern! Also a great find, very delicious!

The next morning we had breakfast that was out of this world! The first part was my favorite--we sat down and I was directed to the coffee station, so I could start my day with coffee my way (I'm not exactly a morning person, I call it my cup of personality). We both had this cinnamon french toast which was to die for! It was dipped in vanilla and had a raspberry swirl on top. It was the best way to start our day of kayaking for 3 hours!

Highly recommend it even if you're just passing through!!

Been to 1846 Tavern and Restaurant? Share your experiences!