“You Get What You Pay For”

Austrian Haus Lodge
Austrian Haus Lodge
Reviewed 14 October 2012

This place is certainly a bargain at the $68.00 we paid for it through a booking agency, cheaper if you book direct, but be advised that it is basic accommodation. Although we had two beds, there was no wi-fi in the room, no radio, no telephone, and no pictures on the wall. The bathroom was usable, but badly in need of renovation, and you certainly wouldn't want to take a bath in the tub we had. The owners are very nice and friendly, and the shared lounge area is very nice. What the units need is a large infusion of money.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 14 October 2012

The hotel is a find; gracious hosts, indoor pool and sauna, convenient to Winter sports. We had a family emergency and had to leave early. The hosts refunded our last day payment without question. Can't say enough good.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 May 2012

We didn't stay at the inn but we went for their all you can eat Indian Buffet Dinner. Cannot be neat and the couple that own and run the inn are the nicest people. We felt totally at home and the food was superb!!!!

Room Tip: every 2nd sunday night is Indian buffet.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 October 2011

This was the worst place I have ever paid money to stay at. The room was dirty, the bathroom was worse and the overall appeal of the lodge was displeasing. Not what I expected. Not even worth it after riding the Mountain all day.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jenna B
Reviewed 6 October 2011

We stayed here for the Dew Tour weekend. The place is close to Mount Snow and to restaurants which is good. The breakfast that they serve is small, but it does taste pretty good.The price wasn't that bad, so value wise it is okay. Other than these things there isn't much to write home about.

The rooms are very small and outdated. The bathroom was also just as small and moldy in the shower stall and the sink. We were able to hear everything from the room behind us and the two next to us.

I probably would stay here again but only if we are in the same situation (young couple that doesn't mind a dive) If our circumstances changed (family) I don't think we would return.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 March 2011

Not at all what we expected...the floors in the hallway were wet...when we shut the door...we could still see out in the hallway. The floors were dirty, and the place was just out dated..... In the middle of the night...we heard BANGING and it must have been a herd of buffalo or a family moving in upstairs! It was very loud...the showers were very tiny....no alarm clock...no TV controller...If you are going to the mountain to ski then this is the perfect place for you! If you are going for a weekend getaway with romantical surroundings...eh? lol I felt like I was in the movie Hot Tub Time machine. The owners were awesome though, very nice, very comforting, we made the best out of the situation.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SummerGirl44
ahaus, Owner at Austrian Haus Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2011

I'm sorry for their experience... I know about the 1st floor hallway problem, a curtain drain failed and there is no way to get that fixed until the spring. However , the rooms never got wet only a part of the 1st floor hallway. As for the family above them , I can't control the kids... but I could have asked them to quiet down if I had known. Also if there was no TV remote in the room , could have asked me at the desk, I keep extra's just in case. Are we a little outdated yes I'll take that , am I trying to update a little every year, yes. As for seeing the hallway when the door was closed... what room was that.... I'll definately take care of that 1st. We do vacuum and steam clean carpets ( as time warrents), however carpets sometimes get more dirt mashed into them do to ski boots and other footwear and do to back to back bookings so steam cleaning at that moment may not work as the carpet remains wet before the next person checks in, can't do it.
Anyway , sorry for any problems... and next time let me know whats up when you have a problem. I always try to work things out.

Reviewed 8 March 2011

The Austrian Haus Lodge is a great, affordable place to rest while skiing at Mount Snow. The innkeeper could not have been nicer and saw to our every need! He was very accommodating. The pool and sauna really help us to relax after a long day of skiing. Our entire group had a great time!

• Stayed: March 2011

Also consider these accommodations in or near Dover
Snow Lake Lodge
Bromley View Inn
Bromley View Inn
#1 of 4 in Bondville
Mount Snow Condominiums

Been to Austrian Haus Lodge? Share your experiences!