“Very quaint and relaxing.”
Review of Big Bears Lodge

and 1 more site!
Big Bears Lodge
Reviewed 19 August 2013

My wife and I went up to Mount Snow for the Tough Mudder. I picked Big Bear's Lodge because it was very close to the race. Both my wife and I were very impressed with the hotel and the way we were trrated. By the time we left, we felt like family. The breakfast was wonerful and made to order. The several common rooms give you a chance to spread out and relax. Even though I ran one of the toughest races around, I have never felt so relaxed when away from home. We can't wait to go back and do it again.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank CraigSchaeffer

Reviewed 30 July 2013

We bought a Murder Mystery Weekend deal, at Big Bears Lodge, off of Living Social. This was my first time in Vermont and participating in a MM dinner. We had a blast.

The Murder Mystery Dinner....

...takes up several hours on the second night of the weekend. You can choose how much you would like to participate (from 1-5) and then you are sent your character in advance. There are several different themes. Ours was the 1940's. Most people were very into and we had a lot of fun. I would love to go back and do a different theme, maybe the '20s (prohibition and gangster).

Big Bears Lodge:

This was my first time staying in a lodge too. It was cute. There wasn't an air conditioning in the room which was OK since it was early May and still cool up north. There is a pool in the yard but it wasn't open yet. Breakfast and one dinner were included in the package.

Dover, Vermont:

There wasn't too much to do or see. It rained a lot. We ended up going to the Yankee Candle Flagship Store (village) in MA, which I LOVED. We drive up from NY and just driving around was an nice experience since we aren't use to the country.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AnissaSimone
Reviewed 12 May 2013 via mobile

We spent two nights there and was involved in a dinner theatre. The host were outstanding and very friendly.
The entertainment was really fun and I highly recommend this place.
The murder mystery night was exciting and loads of fun. Even if you're not involved in the entertainment, you may want to visit here anyway.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank Bob J
Reviewed 7 March 2013

Stayed for 2 nights in February. Cute little motel. Very quiet, older furnishings but clean and comfortable. Didn't get a chance to sample breakfast. Great value for the money. So close to the mountain! Will certainly stay here again.

Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 February 2013

We have been staying at this location (under different names and different owners) for over 20 years. It is very close to Mt. Snow. The rooms are not the Marriott, but they are clean and inviting. The owners (Steve and Caroline) could not make us feel more welcome. Breakfast is varied, good and filling. We come every year with a group in February to ski the local slopes. We have been made to feel so welcome, that we have never looked for another place to stay. Groups (along with families) are made to feel welcome and important. Steve and Caroline have upgraded many things in the lodge since they have taken over. Every year, we find new and upgraded amenities. The lodge has a large TV room (in addition to TVs in every room), a library room, a hot tub, a game room and a bar area for congregating. Since the lodge does not have a liquor license, you can bring your own beer, wine or liquor. Our ski group stays here every year. We hope to continue to stay here for years to come.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Bevibbott
Reviewed 5 February 2013

we stayed 2 nights in January, in room 112. it is perfect for a family, with bunk beds, a queen and an extra cot that was already there when we arrived. The breakfast is served in a charming dining room and is delicious, made on order. what i loved the most about this inn is the playroom, downstairs, far away from the bedrooms ! my daughters spent hours playing with all sorts of toys and my husband and I could relax after a long day of ski. i recommend it for families ! also, it is very close to the ski resort, and to several restaurants. The only complain : noisy floors in the corridor leading to all the rooms (when someone walks, you hear it, but if you are tired enough, you don't pay attention to it !
for the price we paid, i have to say it is a really good value.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank dodiloo
Reviewed 4 February 2013

Big Bear Lodge is just a short distance from the mountain entrance at Mount Snow. My son and I stayed there and found it very comfortable and clean. Full breakfast with eggs or choice of cereals, muffins etc. They have a hot tub which we didn't use but it looked okay. There is a couple of TV/sitting rooms that would give a larger groups a place to gather. Best of all

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dover
Snow Lake Lodge
#10 of 12 in Dover
Mountaineer Inn
Mountaineer Inn
#12 of 12 in Dover

Been to Big Bears Lodge? Share your experiences!