“Roomy but out dated”

Snow Tree Condominiums
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Dover
Snow Tree Condominiums
Reviewed 24 January 2014

We stayed at the Snow Tree Condos to go Snowboarding Martin Luther King Weekend. The unit we stayed in had a living room with a fire place, Kitchen and Dining room, their was a master bedroom with its own bathroom and balcony which overlooked the mountain. The second bedroom had two single beds. The single beds are very small. The overall feel of the unit was it was very roomy and everything was stocked and clean. The unit can easily handle 6-8 people.The negative is the units are outdated their is one small flat screen in the living room and the bedroom had a old tube TV that didn't work.

The unit was a 3 minute drive to the mountain. We took the bus which is free and picks you up right in front of the condos.

The Unit is also a 5 minute walk to Snow Barn.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 13 August 2013

We reserved for 2 nights in mid August 2013. We stayed in Spruce A. From the moment we walked in the front door of the condo unit we were disappointed. This particular condo was downstairs. It smelled like the carpet was rotting; quite frankly one of the worst smells I have ever encountered in my life. We went into our room and it smelled even worse. It was like the place hadn't been opened in a year or more. We tried to make the best of it. . . but the bed was hard as a rock; didn't sleep a total of 5 hours combined for both nights. The dishwasher was full of dirty dishes. The hair dryer in the bathroom didn't work. The toilet was loose from the floor and moved everytime you sat on it. The bathroom floor was filthy...do I need to go on? The only good thing I have to say about Mt. Snow in general is that the employees were very helpful. For the price we paid for this unit (about $300 per night) I expected soooooo much more.

Room Tip: Do not stay in Snow Condos. Go to Season's Instead.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Mark M
Reviewed 27 March 2012

The condos will vary, but the one I stayed in was nice. I rented directly from the owner, so I didn't go through Mt. Snow. The complex isn't as nice as Seasons (the ski in/out condos), but it's closer to the main lodge and more affordable. The condo I stayed in was well kept, but you could tell it was on the old side.

I didn't see the amenity center for myself, but a friend who went to the hot tub said it was slightly sketchy, but adequate. Besides the hot tub, there were some exercise machines as well. The amenity center was much nicer in the Seasons condo complex, although if you didn't rent through Mt. Snow you had to pay to get in. This one was free.

I think it was an 8-minute walk to the base lodge. Our condo was only the second building in from the Snow Tree entrance (where the office is), so it would be a longer walk from some of the other condos. Normally there's a magic carpet/moving walkway that brings you up the tubing hill on the weekends, but it was closed when we were there (not enough snow for tubing). Still, it wasn't a bad walk up the hill (although when it's covered in snow, it's probably harder to climb up). Supposedly you can also take the Moover bus, but given the short walk, waiting for the bus seems like a hassle.

The condo I stayed in had one master bedroom and a loft. There were two bathrooms, one next to the master bedroom and one in the loft. The condo was spacious and the layout was nice. Sound traveled a bit strangely though. We noticed what didn't seem loud in the living room was fairly loud in the loft (like the television). It wasn't a big deal, but thought I would mention it here.

Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank PiperNYC
Reviewed 19 January 2011

Accommodation
We stayed on a studio unit. It was very roomy, nice size kitchen, Murphy bed and sofa. The room was well appointed with, fire place flat screen TV with DVD player, kitchen had all the appliances (old but working). The bathroom needed some refurbishment (old bathtub and shower). Towels were small and old. Heat and hot water was very good.

The unit was very clean when we arrived.

Location
Our unit was a ten minute walk to a magic carpet that takes you right to the mountain. So we didn't need to drive or take the bus. Very convenient.

Other services
Renting the condo gives you access to the spa and pool at the Grand Summit Hotel. The outside heated pool is awesome. Swimming outside in a heated pool on 20F weather with snow falling is a great experience.

Our skiing experience at Mount Snow was disappointing (see my review), but if you want to ski in Mount Snow the Snow Tree Condos is a very good alternative.

We had good dinners at Ravello and at the Wilmington Inn.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with family