“Wonderful find!”

Add it.
Layla's
Ranked #22 of 29 Restaurants in Dover
Reviewed 12 August 2014

My husband and I were looking to try a new restaurant in the West Dover/Wilmington area this past weekend and stumbled upon Layla's. We come up a few times a year and have tried many of the restaurants in area. We searched online and found great reviews to Layla's on TripAdvisor so decided to give it a whirl. I knew of Layla as an Inn but never realized there was a restaurant there - much less one that was worth trying. We were pleasantly surprised. The food was delicious! Service amazing and setting was lovely/cozy. I was so happy to find a new place for us to go eat in the area ... will definitely go again! (Note, they are BYOB which was nice as we could bring our own special bottle of wine but just FYI)

There are newer reviews for Layla's

Reviewed 2 July 2014

Off season is quiet but this worked out great for us. We sat on the back patio looking at the pretty back property and listening to the stream. Layla the pooch snoozed at our feet and we didn't know it was BYOB, but Rebecca told us where we could run out for wine just down the road and it worked out great. We started with charcuterie for my husband and duck quesedillas for me. both were delicious but the quesedillas could have been a starter for 2-4 people. They were most helpful with gluten-free for my celiac husband - his pork tenderloin was great and my scallops entree was with an orzo with melon and was delicious. Totally recommend.

1  Thank huntejk
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Based on the glowing reviews on tripadvisor, we decided to try Layla's on a Saturday night in late March and had a wonderful experience. We were greeted by Rebecca and felt as though we were her personal guests. She was very accommodating without being intrusive and guided us through the menu. Everyone (two adults and two boys age 12 and 14) LOVED their dinner (which ranged from stew and pork to ravioli and yes, mac and cheese for the 12-year-old). Every item had a special touch -- from the delicious homebaked sourdough bread to the pork seasoning to the apple crumble -- that set it apart from dishes at other restaurants. My 14-year-old liked the bread so much, he asked if we could buy a loaf to bring home (we were able to enjoy sourdough with jam the next morning!). The affordable price for exceptional food, coupled with the cozy dining atomosphere and welcoming service make Layla's our new favorite restaurant in the Valley. We highly recommend it!

Reviewed 10 April 2014 via mobile

We went with our two kids. The service was very good and welcoming. The chef came out to say hello(nice touch). The food is creative, fresh and affordable. The menu has more items then displayed on the website. I had the mushroom parpardelle (very good), my husband had duck ravioli(special that night) and really loved it, the kids had chicken pot pies. Very fun dish topped with a huge puffed pastry. Will definitely come back with friends.

Reviewed 22 February 2014

My husband, our 14 year-old son and myself ate dinner here over President's Day weekend. What a lucky find! As another reviewer stated, this restaurant is about to take off in popularity. Our dinner was EXCELLENT. Our server, and co-owner, Rebecca, was wonderful and accommodating in every possible way. She had two other large parties yet handled us with ease. Having Layla at my feet just added to the homey, comfy feel! I had the Pepperdelle pasta with chicken, an excellent choice for a cold winter night. My son had the pork tenderloin, cooked to perfection with butternut squash and other veggies. My husband had the duck, which he said was the best he ever had. All the food is locally sourced and you can taste it! We thoroughly enjoyed our meal and highly recommend Layla's!

1  Thank Cathylynn06

Been to Layla's? Share your experiences!