“Very good restaurant in an average Inn.”

Nonna's Restaurant at the Inn At Sawmill Farm
Price range: US$15 - US$32
Cuisines: Italian, American
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Join us at Nonna's - The ONLY Italian restaurant in the Valley- for great Italian cuisine in a casually elegant and friendly atmosphere. Enjoy Executive Chef Jeff Collins' masterful northern and southern Italian classics along with fresh seafood brought in daily.
Wolfeboro, New Hampshire
“Very good restaurant in an average Inn.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2014

Good service, good food, a little pricey. My husband had the lasagna with sausage and I had the chicken with artichokes that were both delicious. The atmosphere is pleasant and quaint.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank lincat60
Sawmill_Nonnas, General Manager at Nonna's Restaurant at the Inn At Sawmill Farm, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
Thank you so much for visiting Nonna's!

NY
“Amazing rehearsal dinner!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

Provided an incredible meal for the rehearsal dinner at our wedding for 30 people, at a very reasonable price. And a lot of very hard to please guests. Food service went without a hitch, the steak I had was perfectly cooked, and my friends all raved about their entrees, salads and apps. High marks, from a hardened New Yorker!

Visited June 2014
Thank you so much. We are so pleased that you had a great time! Hope to see you again soon.

Cheshire, Connecticut
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wonderful, lovely, delicious place to eat”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014

Everything from start to finish was a great experience. Highly recommend. Food delicious, friendly wait staff. Atmosphere charming

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank ztruk
Sawmill_Nonnas, General Manager at Nonna's Restaurant at the Inn At Sawmill Farm, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Thank you so much! We are glad you enjoyed your meal.
Danbury, CT
“Great dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

We had a great dinner on a Sunday night. They weren't busy and there wasn't any music so we had a nice quite dinner.

Visited July 2014
Sawmill_Nonnas, General Manager at Nonna's Restaurant at the Inn At Sawmill Farm, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
Thank you so much. We are glad you enjoyed your evening!
Southern Cook Islands, Cook Islands
“The Tomato Sauce was such a let down......And I have given Nona's great reveiws in the past....”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

Being Irish and Italian has its merits. Growing up with an Italian mother I was blessed to always get really great meals...Over the last 3 years I have had a few very good nights Nona's, but I have had more just ok nights. This reveiw comes late as it just hit me that I should have put this out earlier and maybe they can address the Tomato Sauce / Gravy or whatever you prefer to call it. I would love to rate it higher as the place is really nice. It is Vermont. The fireplace, the small bar, the quaint rooms..... All very cool.
But it just killed me when I visited with friends from Fla. and we all wanted pasta! The sauce was just terrible, out of a can or a jar. I was mortified. Not sure who's trying to cook it, but a cooking lesson or two are surely needed.... Need less to say, we ate a lot of bread, enoyed the meat balls and sausage and ditched the rest. My friends wife asked for meat sauce and got plain sauce. ( Waitress nodding yes, but not paying attention ) My friend and I ordered the pasta with meat balls and sausage. I really hope that they will take the time to learn how to prepare a fresh tomato or a real meat sauce or a good fresh marinara.... It would be so good to have a real Italian place that served great Italian food.
Other dishes that I have had in the past have been very good. The appts are good and filling....
The Dining Room service wasn't very good either.... Seemed like we were bothering the wait staff, so sad. The Bar Service was great. Go figure....

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank JOHNNYJC
Sawmill_Nonnas, General Manager at Nonna's Restaurant at the Inn At Sawmill Farm, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
We are sorry to hear about your experience. Our chef makes his tomato sauce with FRESH ingredients and you are welcome to stop in any time to watch him make it. Unfortunately so many people eat prepared sauces which are over-salted so they don't know how to recognize a good sauce when they are given the chance. We make thousands of pasta dishes each year and the negative feedback is very rare. As far as the service complaints, that will be addressed.