“Great Log Cabin Feeling!”
Review of Kitzhof Inn

Kitzhof Inn
Ranked #9 of 12 Dover B&B and Inns
Reviewed 11 March 2008

I Found out I was off for the week, so I packed the family up and headed to the Kitzhof Inn Feb 26 to 29. We knew there was a big storm dumping up there, and when we arrived, there was a foot already!
The Inn is great for a ski getaway for a few days. Very reasonably priced. The whole place has the log cabin look. We had a room that was 2 rooms, and fit the 4 of us fine. Breakfast is great in the morning, and they have a big hot tub. There is a nice fireplace and sitting area where all can hang out.
Try to get an end room, walls are kind of thin and you can hear conversations going on :-(
The hosts Simon and Alison are very accomodating and nice. I would very much recomend coming here, especially during the week, you almost have the place to yourselves!

The Palanker Family

• Stayed: February 2008, travelled with family

Reviewed 2 March 2008

I was at Kizhoff In for a recent weekend, skiing at Mount Snow.

Positives: The staff was very warm, friendly and helpful. Their breakfast is great - cozy dining room and good food, lots of breakfast choices. The inn itself is very cozing and charming, and close to Mount Snow. The common areas are great - comfy couches, games, hot tub, etc.

Negatives: My only real complaint is that the walls are way too thin. I could hear everything going on in the room next door, and was woken up early one morning because of someone walking in the room above me. The room was a bit small, but comfortable.

Overall, save for the thin walls, a positive experience.

• Stayed: February 2008
Reviewed 27 January 2008

Great for families. Very close to Mount Snow. Pleasant staff that let us check out late. This is not luxury (linoleum floor in the bathroom, basic furnishings) but it is perfectly fine for a family. We stayed in one of the family rooms which has a folding door between the bunkbeds and the main room. We found Mount Snow to be a great family resort. Lots of nice intermediate slopes for the whole family to ski together. Free bag check-in at the main lodge.

• Stayed: January 2008
Reviewed 14 January 2008

My sisters and our boyfriends all stayed at the Kitzhof this past weekend for the first time. I booked the B&B through the Mount Snow website. This B&B truly is a home away from home... from the minute we arrived we were welcomed and treated like family. Allison and Simon the innkeepers were in England during our stay, but Debbie and Naomi ran the Inn without any issues. The room was nice and cozy and the Inn is clean and quaint. The breakfast was wonderful this is not your regular hotel breakfast this is a made to order homemade breakfast. My only complaint is the floors were rather squeaky, however we were on the second floor so the noise was minimal. I would definitely stay here again... this hotel is very close to the Mountain and very close to restaurants, bars and shopping.

• Stayed: January 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 January 2008

My boyfriend and I spent only one evening at the Kitzhof during a visit to Mt. Snow. We have traveled extensively, experienced all types of accommodations, and were very pleased with our stay at the Inn. The building itself is very warm and cozy. The innkeeper is amenable and our room was small but comfortable. Some extras the inn offers include a hot tub, which I did not get a chance to try out due to lack of time, a community room that offers lots of games, and a delicious hot breakfast in their lovely dining area.

The only negatives I can mention are the lack of parking spaces and noise. We left the inn for a few hours in the early evening to catch a music act at the Snow Barn at Mt. Snow. Upon return, there were no shoveled parking spaces left, which forced us to park on a snow bank. Also, the walls are thin, and if there are noisy children running about, you definitely hear it!

The negatives, however, are no reason not to stay at the Kitzhof. It is located right down the road from Mt. Snow and was incredibly welcoming and comfortable after a long day on the slopes. I would certainly book there again if I found myself traveling to the area of VT.

• Stayed: January 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank leahjin8182
Reviewed 9 January 2008

My two best girlfriends from college and I just spent two nights at the Kitzhof Inn on a ski trip to Mount Snow. The inn is very charming, clean, and comfortable. The owners are very friendly and welcoming. Breakfast in the morning was excellent...not your typical continental hotel breakfast but rather a full hot cooked meal. I had pancakes one morning and french toast with sausage the next!
The perks of the hotel include a nice indoor hot tub and great proximity to Mt. Snow (less than 1/4 mile away). The Kitzhof is located on Rt. 100 and is very close to multiple restaurants and bars.
I only had one complaint...the floorboards are extremely squeaky. We had a room on the first floor and were woken up both mornings earlier than we had hoped by the sound of our upstairs neighbors walking around in their room. If you stay there, I'd recommend bringing ear plugs or requesting a room on the second floor. Other than that though, we had a great experience overall!

• Stayed: January 2008, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 December 2007

This place is great. There isa friendly welcome on arrival , good sized rooms and a superb communal area for sitting relaxing and meeting fellow skiers. The location is very central. Breakfast is a la carte and the best "home cooked" options we have come across in a ski resort. cereals, juices, home cooked muffins and a full cooked egg, sausages hash brown breakfast served by great staff.
We travel globally and this place is a great balance of quality friendliness and location

• Stayed: December 2007, travelled with family