“Outstanding!”

Two Tannery Road
Ranked #7 of 29 Restaurants in Dover
Price range: US$25 - US$35
Cuisines: American, International
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Welcome to the Restaurant at Two Tannery Road. Enjoy a fine country dining experience with continental cuisine in a charming 17th century Roosevelt home. Relax at our antique bar which is from the original Waldorf-Astoria. We offer unique recipes for fresh fish,steak, veal, chicken and our signature duck. For over 30 years we have been hosting Mount Snow visitors with delightful cuisine. Come join us for dinner!
Trumbull, Connecticut
“Outstanding!”
Reviewed 8 March 2014 via mobile

We have been dining at Two Tannery for 12+ years. Consistently outstanding food and service. Exceptionally accommodating. We have travelled throughout the world and this is one of the very best restaurants anywhere.
I noted a recent, particularly vicious review and could not let it go unanswered. From our experience, I am certain there is another side to that story. The highly positive weight of the review evidence speaks for itself.
Don't miss this place!

Visited March 2014

New York, NY
“NIGHTMARE!!!”
Reviewed 26 February 2014

A 20+ year customer of Two Tannery Road here...Well actually, ex-customer. I have been eating at two tannery all my life. I remember Karen, the previous owner, who truly cared about carrying on the legacy of great food, friendly service, and a great atmosphere. The duck, the apple cake with caramel sauce, everything was heavenly.

Unfortunately, a number of years ago, a new owner bought the business, and slowly, the quality of the food, and the service or "atmosphere" in the restaurant has gone downhill. My experience this past weekend however, sealed the deal. Neither I, nor my "family" or friends will EVER give them another dollar. Let me explain:

Given the busy holiday weekend, we were only able to get a reservation for 9:30 pm, on Saturday night which was fine with us. Prior to leaving for the restaurant, we had some trouble getting our child to go to sleep. As a result, we arrived 10 minutes late for our reservation. My wife and sister went in ahead of us and the owner of the restaurant was INCREDIBLY rude to them, even though they explained why we were a bit late. He told them we were 15 minutes late, not 10, in fact, he even whipped out his phone and shoved it in their faces, and told them he "told the chef to wrap up!" (despite the fact that the restaurant was packed) Now why would an owner of a restaurant take a 9:30 pm reservation and tell the chef he could leave? Every restaurant I have ever been to will hold a reservation for 15 minutes without a single problem.

While the waitress tried to calm everyone down, unfortunately, we didn't want a pissed off chef cooking our food (call me crazy), nor did we want to give our money to someone who was so outrageously rude to two ladies and good customers, so we decided to leave. Now while most owners would come over, apologize, and try to calm the situation, this guy did no such thing. He simply could care less if we stayed (and had a resulting $200+ bill), or not. Pathological if you ask me. I have never met a restaurant owner who would turn away business, especially a long time customer!

On our way out, we stopped to talk to the owner. This restaurant is dear to our family and we were so incredibly hurt by the entire experience. Unfortunately, he could not have given a damn, in fact he told us to leave! He was so rude and obnoxious to us (after being rude for years mind you, which we overlooked, until that night), and seemed happy to lose our business.

I promise anyone thinking of going there for dinner, there are other amazing fine dining restaurants in the area, like the Hermitage Inn (where we went instead, and were treated like kings), or The Anchor, or frankly, anywhere else in the valley where you will get better service and food. We are saddened by our experience and gross mistreatment of the entire situation.

• Visited February 2014
3 Thank TravelandFoodFanatic
Stoddard, New Hampshire
“romantic dinner”
Reviewed 19 February 2014

Me & my new wife we just got married that day & we found this place & what a gold mine we found one of the most romantic dinners I ever eat at service& food A+++ .started with bruschetta & escargot, Then for dinner she got the nutty Vermonter & I got the roasted long island duckling ,then we had desert . well worth the money, and trip.

Visited October 2013
Long Island, NY
“Great meal and great service ”
Reviewed 26 January 2014 via mobile

We had a great meal at this restaurant! Food was wonderful staff was friendly and the place has great ambiance. The history of this restaurant was impressive as well! We would definitely return!

somers,ny
“My favorite in the area”
Reviewed 29 December 2013

I love this restaurant , it is our favorite in the area. beautiful old building, great menu, great service. A little pricy but worth it. In the winter they have the fire places going, go for romantic dinner or a nice meal with the family

Visited October 2013
1 Thank seeg64

Been to Two Tannery Road? Share your experiences!