We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in West Halifax
Abbott's Glen Clothing-Optional Inn and Campground
Ranked #1 of 1 West Halifax B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersSilver level
Hudson, NH
“Hidden Gem!”
Reviewed 2 July 2013

We visited for the day - and then couldn't wait to make a return trip and stay the weekend. I almost hate to share how wonderful it was, as one of the things that appealed the most was the intimate setting - not crowded, just the right amount of people where we could mingle if we wanted, or feel like we had the place totally to ourselves. The river and "Vermont Beach" and the hot tub were some of our favorite places to hang out. Lindy and Amy are gracious hosts - we couldn't have asked for better, and will definitely visit again!

2 Thank janpack13

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Quebec, Canada
Reviewed 2 July 2013

My girlfriend and I spent a wonderfull weekend: walking in the wood, swinmming in the river and the pond, taking a sauna, relaxing in this quiet and natural site.

And what to say about the good breakfast and diner prepared for us!: fresh, healthy and delicious.
We met very nice people all along the weekend and bike in the valley to Jacksonville, Wilmington and the Ledges.

What a nice party on saturday night with dance and good music until after midnight.

Thanks to Amy and Lindy for creating a so charming place!

Marino from Montreal

1 Thank MarinoT
Boston
Reviewed 14 June 2013

I booked 2 nights here the first week that they were open for camping in June and couldn't be happier with the experience. My boyfriend and I felt immediately at home not only due to the tranquil landscape and facilities, but also the genuine welcome from Amy and Lindy.

Nights we enjoyed cooking and playing pool before relaxing in the hot tub, while days we spent exploring the local towns and relaxing under the sun by the river.

Facilities were very clean and homey, landscape gorgeous, company genuine, and camping sites private. I would absolutely recommend Abbotts Glen to any friends or curious explorers who are looking to get away.

1 Thank Sarah G
New Hampshire
Reviewed 13 June 2013

We have been returning a few times every year as a simple get-away. One can stay cheaply on a camp site or splurge for a room. Granted, a weekend with food included (most yummy and healthful) can strain my wallet, but considering what is offered and the uncrowding guest population, I don't see how they could stay in business and charge less. This is a great place to walk in the woods, enjoy the sunny & sandy beach, and enjoy learning how to relax better. I just wish by birthday suit had a pocket for my water bottle. You will enjoy your stay, it is impossible not to.

Room Tip: To find the best location for your sleep time, visit their website. All is shown.
2 Thank Drac61
Millis, Massachusetts
Reviewed 28 May 2013

We just spent several days at Abbott’s Glenn, and we can’t wait to go back! In spite of the weather during most of our stay, we had a wonderful time, met friendly people, and were made to feel incredibly welcome. The thick, warm terry cloth robes provided with each room made it possible to go outside briefly without having to get dressed for the unseasonably cold, rainy weather.

We stayed in the Meadow House Suite; it is a truly elegant, beautifully furnished large room with a king-size bed. Meals were an event to look forward to; the guests dined family-style with the Innkeepers, Lindy and Amy, and Amy’s dinner menus were creative, beautifully prepared, and delicious. Breakfasts were served buffet-style, with a variety of choices for everyone. Liz put our room in perfect order each morning, and as a server helped make the meals special.

We enjoyed the hot tub every afternoon and dancing after dinner Friday and Saturday. On our last day the weather was sunny and warm enough to walk down to the river and sun ourselves, socialize, and listen to the river rushing by. We look forward to a return visit when the weather and water are both warm enough for tubing and swimming.

Thanks again, Lindy, Amy, and Liz, for making our stay such a pleasant one.

Room Tip: Carriage House rooms aren't quiet until the dancing in the Sugar Shack is over on Friday and Sat...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 2FromMillis
Sleepy Hollow, New York
Reviewed 20 February 2013

Went for the first time last weekend. What an amazing place. Lindy was a blast, tons of fun, on top of his game and keeps the mechanics going. But, Amy is incredible, her personality is awesome, her cooking was out of this world, best food I have ever had. I didn't try desert because I was just too full.....but I heard it was great. I can't tell you how much I needed a relaxing weekend and that is what I found. I met great people who I am proud to have had the privilege of knowing. Lindy and Amy are the perfect hosts, they will sit and chat or let you do your own thing, they have a knack for seeing what you need. Knowing their job takes a ton of work they make it seem like nothing at all. I can't wait to go back. I have never done the clothing optional thing before but it was great, no pressure but judgments, who knew naked people were so friendly and loved to dance so much!!!. Coming from the conservative background I have I was happy as can be. I have never had such a great, relaxing, fun, wonderful, too many wonderful words to describe time in mylife! I even told my ultra conservative sister to give it a shot!!!!

thank you thank you thank you Lindy, Amy, and Liz ( and of course scooby doo) for a great weekend! thank you for calling us to let us know you had a last minute opening. thank you for sharing your home with us. Just thank you!

Room Tip: they are all great depending on your middle of the night needs you may want to opt out of the carria...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank johanna a
Greenfield Center, New York
Reviewed 14 February 2013

My wife and I went to the Glen first as a look and see, met Amy and Lindy and ate lunch at one of the picnic tables because they weren't open for the season yet. We got the tour from Amy of the meadow house and the carriage house. We loved the appeal and the comfort both Lindy and Amy gave and decided to book our anniversary there; June 27th.

Our anniversary was absolutely wonderful. We were "first timers" and Lindy and Amy made us feel right at home as did all the guests. We swam down by the river, laid in the sun, walked the property and danced our legs off at night. The cuisine was excellent with a wonderful breakfast with more available than one could imagine. Everything was fresh and local where possible. The dance night in the carriage house was a blast with Mark and Lindy being lively and entertaining.

In January we decided to go back for a winter stay and it too was a blast. It was a long weekend and although it was cut a bit shorter than expected, it was indeed wonderful. The dance night was another night to remember. We kept Lindy up late as Amy had to be up early for breakfast and the others went to bed. Eventually we all went to rest and got up the next day to find fresh snow and the wind picked up as the rest of the guests left. My wife and I took snowshoes down to the river and walked all around the property. All the others had left so we made plans to have dinner out with Amy and Lindy when the power went out. Thinking of home and what was at risk back there, we gathered up our stuff and begrudgingly headed back home. Next time Amy and Lindy.

BUT we made plans to return again for St Patrick's Day. Come visit and enjoy the option of a clothing free day of fun. Spend time in the hot tub, have Lindy start up the sauna and soak up the heat or just grab a book (or nook these days) and sit by the warm wood stove and read. Spend time talking and socializing with the other guests and experience a judgement free day of simple, relaxing life. We've never felt the kind of freedom and acceptance that we have at this wonderful little place nestled in the mountains of Vermont. It's easy to get to and easy to get to love.

Dan & Cathy M

Room Tip: Staying at the Meadow house is great as it's right across the drive from the Carriage house whic...
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
#1 of 3 in Wilmington
The White House Inn
The White House Inn
#4 of 10 in Wilmington

Been to Abbott's Glen Clothing-Optional Inn and Campground? Share your experiences!