“A good value, nice people”

Sweet Caroline's Restaurant
Reviewed 8 July 2013

I suppose I give away my age by saying how much I enjoyed the 60's background music! (Not the "muzac" version - the originals!) But for me it really did add to the atmosphere.

Nice variety on the menu with some staples and some that change daily. We had neopolitan chicken with pasta and chicken piccata - both excellent and servings were so large we couldn't finish it all. Which meant we didn't get to sample the desserts but they looked yummy.

I think our server may have been new. Or having an "off" day? She ignored us for a while (and apologized for keeping us waiting), then forgot to bring the drinks (and apologized again), and didn't know what beers were available. But she got the orders right and did go out of her way to find an answer for us later on - which is why I suspect she might be just new.

Food was good, prices were reasonable, atmosphere was delightful, service mediocre. Unfortunately, we are just passing through the area and won't be able to go back and try it another time. But IF we came by again, we'd definitely stop there - so that's a recommendation!

Reviewed 19 April 2013

We try to go here every weekend for breakfast. Love the atmosphere and the staff is wonderful and very friendly. Breakfast specials offer a wonderful variety to their standard menu.

Reviewed 17 April 2013

the food was good and the potions ample. In fact we could only eat half therefore asked for containers to take the rest back to the Inn. When the waitress brought the containers along with the bill a roach ran across the table presumably from the containers. My husband shushed by scream and quickly grabbed the roach with his napkin....what a hero! Needless to say we did not mention it to the staff although I was tempted to.

1  Thank Tobikiko
Reviewed 8 January 2013

Sweet Caroline's serves breakfast, lunch and dinner in the Price Chopper shopping center (also called Westway) at the junction of US Rt 4 and US route 4A in West Rutland. Very convenient on the way through town from New York state or from Rutland City. Scott and Peggy have taken over the kitchen after running restaurants in the area for years. We had prime rib, a beef tenderloin dish, chicken parmesian, popovers (carrying on a 60 year tradition from a nearby legendary landmark, now defunct) and more and all were excellent. Because they serve all three meals most days in a section of Rutland with few dinner offerings, they continue a wide range of offerings from burgers, and sandwiches to the fine but very generous portions we sampled. You could eat healthy here every day but it is still a pleasant location for a real dinner with friends, family or associates. We were very pleased and impressed.

1  Thank bradmorgan1