Having dined there several times over the years, my wife, houseguest and I looked forward to our dinner last night. As usual, the setting and gardens were magnificent. The $68 meal was, however, moderately uninteresting and somewhat disappointing. The "Cuban" flavored roast pork was overcooked and had no real flavor....a couple of refried beans does not make for a Cuban dish. The beef tenderloin was undercooked and tiny. Granted, it could have been sent back but it was too small to bother. So too, the beef tartare appetizer .... so small. Service was adequate, forced smile and all. All in all, not a bad meal but certainly not a dining experience to remember
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Twenty-one guest rooms individually designed and decorated, furnished with antiques and locally crafted furniture. All rooms have luxury baths, some with jetted spa tubs. Most rooms are fitted with queen or king size bed, amenities including luxurious bath towels and thick terry robes, hair dryers and fine bath toiletries. Several rooms with private porch or window seats and 15 of the rooms feature fireplaces. Unique style lifts each room above the extraordinary, with stunning views across the gardens. Rates include full three-course gourmet breakfast and afternoon sweets with complimentary beverages. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your Windham Hill Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Windham Hill Hotel West Townshend
- Windham Hill Inn Vermont/West Townshend