“Wonderful B & B, exceptional hosts!!!!!”
Review of The Inn at Weston

The Inn at Weston
Ranked #1 of 3 Weston B&B and Inns
NY
“Wonderful B & B, exceptional hosts!!!!!”
Reviewed 27 October 2007

Expect to want to stay forever! The hosts, Bob & Linda, are exceptional! You will feel very spoiled from the time of arrival until you have to drag yourself back to your car. The room was nicely decorated, spacious and sparkling clean. Don't miss the tour of the grounds, especially the orchid greenhouse - outstanding! The staff as well as our hosts were all terrific - from pleasant conversation
to local information! To top off an already great experience...the meals are also EXCEPTIONAL!! (especially if you look forward to a great meal, as I do.) Overall, the one and only problem with the Inn at Weston.....YOU WILL WANT TO MOVE IN!!!!

• Liked — Soup to Nuts!
  • Stayed September 2007, travelled with friends
1 Thank GenevieveNy

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
New Jersey
Reviewed 22 October 2007

We were one of the few that didn't have such a wonderful time at the Weston Inn. This place has great historic value, however, it is becoming run down and unkept. Our room was okay, the bathroom was dirty,(the wallpaper around the electrical outlet was dirty and needed to be replaced, we were given dirty towels, the shower was dirty, the rocking chair was broken on the balcony, the door to the balcony didn't close right, there was a smell in the room and, lastly, the room looked tired). We couldn't eat dinner there due to chef problems, which was an inconvenience to us for we chose this place for one stop shopping, per say. The breakfast was good and our massage was excellent. We wrote a letter explaining our concerns and never received a response. For the amount of money we paid for the room, we feel we didn't get an excellent room or service. Would I stay there again, no. Please book with caution.

• Liked — It was close to the town of Weston
  • Disliked — The room, not clean. And, the service, they didn't go out of their way for us.
  • Stayed September 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
6 Thank NewJersey_7
boblinvermont, Owners at The Inn at Weston, responded to this review, 27 October 2007
This guest sent us an email the day she arrived home from her visit here. I responded immediately and addressed her complaints and attached a $100 gift certificate for a return visit with our apologies. She has since sent a letter via regular mail with the same complaints and has called questioning her invoice having mistaken a recorded payment for an additional charge. This is the first time we have had to respond to a negative review. As you can see most guests have had positive things to say. We are constantly striving to go beyond our guests' expectations so when we received these complaints we were very concerned. I would like to respond to the specific complaints. As anyone can see-the "Bolster" room is anything but "tired". It has a oversized jacuzzi for two, a sauna/steam shower, a fireplace , two comfy chairs, feather beds,etc. It is a bright and airy room with no "smell". There are french doors that open to a small deck with rockers and sometimes the moisture make the doors swell and they are a little difficult to open. The rocker arm had been fixed but happened to break while they were here. Had she mentioned it to me we would have replaced it immediately. The fact is she refused housekeeping services. My housekeeper asked if she could at least make the bed , the guest said "no-I made the bed". My housekeeper and I both looked at the bathroom when we received the complaints about the "dirty wallpaper and shower" and could find no such thing. The towels were clean with no stains so I am not at all sure how these complaints arose. She is correct about the Chef "problems" which I explained to her upon arrival. We were forced to cancel dinner service and she was very understanding as were the other guests. We made arrangements for all to eat elsewhere. That is the first time in the 7 years that we have been Innkeepers that we have had to so and we were very apologetic.This guest also had some milk allergies that she explained to me on the phone when she made the reservation and I was sure to have soy milk for her. She also explained that needed to eat protein first thing in the morning and I offered to make her "early" breakfast.
We, like many other Innkeepers I know, feel very passionate about the experience our guests perceive and these complaints are very disturbing to us. We hope these folks take advantage of the gift certificate we gave them so we can try to make up for their unpleasant experience.
Reviewed 12 August 2007

A special place in a small Vermont town. The inn is comfortable, wonderful accommodations, great food for dinner and breakfast..
The town of Weston is the home of the Weston Playhouse, and the Vermont Country Store. Both worth a special trip.
The innkeepers work hard to make sure that every guest is happy.

Make sure you put this on your list of places to stay and eat in Vermont.

• Stayed August 2007
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank travelbh
West Lebanon
Reviewed 1 August 2007

My wife and I were married at the Inn on July 28th. It was the perfect place for a small, intimate country wedding! The orchid filled gazebo was an idyllic setting for our private cermony and dinner. Linda and Bob were gracious hosts. The accommodations and food were superb.
We highly recommend this Inn as a great vacation getaway or place to have a quintessential Vermont wedding. Also check out the fabulous orchid greenhouse.

• Liked — Room
  • Disliked — N/A
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled on business
1 Thank jma280
Arlington, VA
Reviewed 17 July 2007

My wife and I returned recently from a very pleasant vacation in southern Vermont, where we stayed at this charming country inn. The owners, Bob & Linda Aldrich, were exceptionally hospitable. The food was quite good. Breakfast always included fresh fruit, and Linda makes a great frittata. We had only one light dinner at the inn, and that was superb.

Bob, a retired cardiologist, offered helpful suggestions for our daily excursions and provided meticulous instructions and maps. His award-winning orchids are exquisite, and he is also a talented photographer.

Our spacious and comfortable room had a fireplace and a wonderful steam bath feature, which helped me to get over my cold.

We attended a hilarious comedy based on all of Shakespeare's works at the Weston Playhouse Theatre, went hiking in the Green Mtn Nat'l Forest, visited Chester, Grafton, and Quechee Gorge, had a nice lunch at the Simon Pearce Glassworks, and--of course--shopped at the Weston's famous Vermont Country Store.

Weston is a wonderful place to stay when travelling to this part of Vermont, and we highly recommend the Inn at Weston.

Stayed July 2007
Wilton, Ny
Reviewed 26 June 2007

We just started heading east to Vermont during a blizzard - didn't know where we'd end up, I knew I wanted to visit the Vermont Country Store and we found this place. It was Perfect. I did react to the water though unless it was the herbal soaps. My legs itched and itched and itched. I think we had the nicest suite they had - it had a whirlpool and firestove. It was a quality place to stay. Personally, I felt a little intimidated looking at the fancy dinner menu - $30.00 for Stew was a little higher than expected so we ate at a different place. The insulation is lacking or else minimal in the carriage barn - the snorers below kept me up the entire night. Otherwise a positive experience.

Stayed January 2005
Connecticut
Reviewed 8 January 2007

My wife and I had a very nice weekend at the Inn at Weston.
The rooms are very nice and the food is even better. The breakfasts are fantastic. There is a great wine selection and the wine prices are reasonable. The owners and staff made every effort to make us feel welcome and satisfied and provided us with great suggestions on area attractions.

For those who just want to get away and relax, this is a great destination in a quaint new england town. The Inn is loaded with books, movies and CDs.

We will be back.

MDandC

• Stayed January 2007, travelled as a couple
2 Thank MDandC
Also consider these accommodations in or near Weston
Grafton Inn
#2 of 3 in Londonderry
The Upper Pass Lodge
The Upper Pass Lodge
#1 of 4 in Londonderry

Been to The Inn at Weston? Share your experiences!