“The perfect Inn”

The Inn at Weston
Ranked #1 of 3 Weston B&B and Inns
“The perfect Inn”
Reviewed 29 December 2004

We wanted a special place to spend Christmas this year - we found it. The Inn featured live piano music, outstanding food, careful and attentive service. Any request was fulfilled immediately. The room was well-appointed and spotlessly maintained. From the tour of the owners' orchid greenhouse to meeting local artists who live nearby, the four day stay could not have been better. The Inn's location across from the Vermont Country Store is convenient. Many interesting spots to visit are within easy walking distance. One would have to be a truly jaded traveler in order to find any complaints about the Inn at Weston. Highest Recommendation!!!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Reviewed 28 December 2004

We had the chance to stay at the Inn at Weston this past fall and we consider it one of our greatest memories. The rooms are very nicely furnished and all of the settings are very romantic.
The real star of the Inn is the food and the owners Bob and Linda. They have a wonderful sense of humor and we felt very welcomed into 'their pride and joy' "The Inn at Weston". The Innkeeper, Scott , takes great care of all of the quests and he too loves to make people feel welcome.
Yes, it is a little expensive, but well worth every penny we spent.
We will definetely go back in the near future.

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Brick, New Jersey
Reviewed 25 December 2004

We absolutely loved our stay at the Inn at Weston to celebrate our one year wedding anniversary. We have decided to make it a tradition and hope to return next year if not sooner! Our room exceeded our expectations and we absolutely loved the cozy fireplace and whirlpool tub. The breakfast each morning was first rate and the meals we had in the dining room were comparable to a fine restaurant in Manahattan. Afterwards, we had a drink in the pub next to the fire. The owners went out of their way to make us comfortable. We actually got a room upgrade at check in, which was not anticipated but certainly enjoyed. We received a tour of the orchid greenhouse which was phenomenal. The library had a wide variety of books and many videos, from which to choose, that we watched in our room. The innkeepers, Bob and Linda, have many family photographs, (spanning four generations), prominently displayed, and it is only fair to say that they have successfully conveyed to their guests that, they too, are part of their family. We can't wait to go back!!

1 Thank kwronko
Boston
Reviewed 5 December 2004

December 2004. I recently stayed at the Inn at Weston. Big mistake. First of all, the decor is tacky at best. More importantly, it is dirty and cluttered making me wonder what the kitchen looks like. There are photographs with price tags covering every inch of wall space. I can't decide if that was to cover the horrifying wallpaper or to make some extra cash. What poor taste!
Beyond poor taste and lack of sophistication in decor, the service was also lacking. I called to let the innkeeper know that we would be checking in a half an hour before we got there. From a quality Inn, you would expect the fireplace in the room to be turned on or tea or wine prepared for you. We got taken up to our cold room and left on our own. They were nice and friendly; don't get me wrong, but for the price I expect more than friendly.
Now for the restaurant, the prawns were small and dry. My medium rare meat came out well done and my husband’s pork was too tough to chew.
The wait staff was young girls who knew nothing about service. This would all be fine if it wasn't the price of a meal in Manhattan.
Overall, the Inn at Weston and the restaurant at the Inn are overpriced, under par for service and lacking in sophistication and charm.

• Stayed December 2004
2 Thank LESTrips
boblinvermont, Owner at The Inn at Weston, responded to this review, 23 February 2012
I am not sure where to start here. Our dining room has red floral wallpaper, complimented by many, with white wainscoating underneath. I understand everyone has different taste. We have lined the walls with both local (for sale) artists' work and personal art work which we have collected for years. There is even a signed Chagal print! (his beautiful study for the dome of the Paris Opera with musical themes). Most people compliment us on the availability of local artists works, and the variety and beauty of art work available.
As for tea/wine in the room, I admit, we did not have that. We ask guests when we show them to their room, if they would like anything. We do have bottled water and chocolates in the room. Having tea or any other hot liquid "in the room" is very difficult when the exact time of arrival is not known. We can bring that or wine, or anything else desired within minutes if desired, and we do ask. I don't understand "left on our own". We discuss the Village of Weston and what is available here and offer suggestions for other day trips. I apologize for the room being "cold". Each room is individually thermostated and the heat is completely under each guest's control. This guest is very critical of our food. We would have been glad to correct any mistake we made, but I encourage readers to view other reviews of our food, which rates 5/5 for the total reviews we have received, despite this negative review. We are always grateful for constructive criticisms, and make adjustments when a good suggestion is made, but we honestly don't find much constructive in this review.
Kent, England
Reviewed 22 August 2004

We had a lovely time at the Inn at Weston, we stayed there for two nights as part of our honeymoon trip to New England. The innkeepers were so helpful and our room (Follette) was amazing. We had a lovely two person jacuzzi in our room, a shower/sauna, bathrobes and a large seating area.
On our second night, we ate in the hotel restaurant and it was the best meal we had in our two week stay. We are looking forward to returning next year.

1 Thank iloveyousomuch111
Reviewed 19 October 2003

For the most part, I had a nice stay at the Inn at Weston, but two months after my stay, I received an email from the Inn informing me that they had incorrectly calculated my room rate, and that they would procede to charge my credit card an extra $212. I thought this was incredably tacky to contact me two full months after my stay to tell me they didn't charge me the right price for my stay and then they charged my card without my authorization. Tacky.Add to this that the Inn is incredably overpriced. Expect to pay $300 per night for a tiny room without a view. My room was cold as hell in October, so I can't imagine what it would be like in the winter. Also the restaurant's food isn't quite up to par.I felt ripped off the first time they charged me $500 for a two night say and I felt even more ripped off when they charged me another $200 two full months later.

9 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
boblinvermont, Owner at The Inn at Weston, responded to this review, 19 November 2012
Shame on us for not responding to this review when it first appeared in 2003. The reason for no response at first was that TA was very new to the scene and we truly felt that as the owners, no one would believe our response. We have learned over the years that our response does matter and future guests do read them!
Obviously we cannot remember who this guest is but we can tell you some absolute facts.
First, all the rooms have thermostats so I don't understand the "cold" comment.
Secondly, we have NEVER charged anyone's credit card without asking their permission. We would not want that done to us and it has never been our business practice to do so. We also have never charged anyone's account after they left the Inn. Never.
We really have our doubts as to whether this person ever stayed here, however, if we are incorrect, we apologize that their experience was not what they expected.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Weston
Grafton Inn
#2 of 3 in Londonderry
The Upper Pass Lodge
The Upper Pass Lodge
#1 of 4 in Londonderry

Been to The Inn at Weston? Share your experiences!