“Exceptional fresh food, nicely prepared”
Review of Bryant House

Bryant House
Ranked #1 of 4 Restaurants in Weston
Price range: US$10 - US$28
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Step back in time and relax in our 1880's farmhouse and tavern. The Bryant House Restaurant and Tavern at The Vermont Country Store serves up comfort food sure to please. From grass-fed burgers, chicken pot pie, pot roast, burgers, fish and chips, homemade desserts and more, there is something for everyone from grandkids to grandparents. In summer, enjoy a Maple Creemee or Wilcox Ice Cream at our Mildred's Dairy Bar while relaxing outdoors!
Reviewed 3 July 2014

We had a lovely lunch; fish & chips and the Reuben, you won't be disappointed in the quality of their food. I did feel that they were pricey which I guess compensates for those people that they think won't be back again for a long time. However, you can trust the preparation and cleanliness of the restaurant.

2  Thank chrism72112
There are newer reviews for Bryant House

Reviewed 29 June 2014

Ate here on 6/29/14 for lunch. I ordered the Monte Cristo Sandwich my friend ordered the fish and chips. I cannot speak about the fish and chips, but my friend raved about her meal. She really enjoyed it. The Monte Cristo sandwich that I ordered was perfect! It is basically a ham and cheese sandwich on french toast with a REAL Vermont maple syrup dip. It was amazing!! It was served with fries. I did not see that mentioned on the menu that it came with fries, so I ordered a side of cole slaw. I would not have if i realized the sandwich came with fries. And oh they were good too. Big steak fries served wicked hot.Everything was cooked perfectly and served piping hot by our very efficient waitress. I would not hesitate to order this again on a future trip. The only complaint, and it is minor, we both commented after that our sodas seemed a bit flat. She had a regular coke and I the diet coke. We did not say anything to the waitress. In retrospect we probably should have.

2  Thank Yensid99
Reviewed 16 June 2014

While driving along route 100 recently, and heading for The Vermont Country Store, we make it a point to have lunch at The Bryant House next door. We ate there last time we were in the area, and there was no question we would stop there again.
The wait staff is always extremely efficient, as well as making you feel like a friend or neighbor.
The food is great tasting, thoughtfully prepared, well presented, and quite often with an interesting twist, such as sliced apple on the baked ham & cheddar cheese sandwich. Delightful! Wonderful soup also, since the day we were there was most definitely a soup day. Home made root beer - best I've had.
All in all, a nice, comfortable, cheerful place to take a food break with nice, friendly people to take care of your needs.

1  Thank Double O
Reviewed 14 April 2014

My wife and I went to Bryant House for lunch on April 10. For years, when we return to Vermont, we would go to the Bryant House for their signature chicken pot pie, which was wonderful. Now, they have concocted a new version with thickly sliced pieces of chicken breast on a slice of white bread ( think it was white) and topped with a large biscuit smothered all in gravy with two pieces of carrots and a few snap peas on each side. The taste was awful and the chicken tasted like it was processed. I asked the server what happened? She said they changed the tiem several months ago. Okay...then don't call it chicken pot pie. Call it sliced chicken with gravy and a biscuit. All in all an awful meal...and it was cold when it was served. Thankfully, the server did not charge us. We miss the old Bryant House chicken pot pie. Bring it back!

2  Thank Joseph151
Jim S, General Manager at Bryant House, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2014

Dear Joseph,
Thank you so much for sharing your feedback about your visit to the Bryant House. I am so sorry that your meal did not meet your expectations, but I’m glad to hear that your server addressed your concerns then and there. As you suspected, we did, indeed, update our Chicken Pot Pie recipe a while back, which is why it was different from what you remembered at your last visit.

Our new recipe is similar to our old New England-style chicken pot pie, which featured biscuits instead of pie crust. We’ve updated the presentation to prominently feature the high quality ingredients we use, like organic chicken from Misty Knoll Farm and Murray’s, and fresh, organic baby carrots and snap peas. Served in a cast iron skillet, the fresh veggies are nestled alongside roasted breast meat that is layered atop a freshly baked biscuit with rich poultry gravy. Another piping-hot biscuit is served on top.

We are always working on our recipes, and introducing new menu items, so they are pleasing to the palates of today’s diners and stay true to the Ortons’ heritage of serving good, home cooked food. I hope that you’ll come back again to give The Bryant House another try on your next visit.

Thanks again
Jim Szabo
The Vermont Country Store

Reviewed 13 April 2014

After visiting Weston, we stopped for lunch at the Bryant, which is located right in the middle of the town. They have quite a few Vermont specialities, sandwiches, soups and salads but pretty standard choice overall. I went for the chicken pie and my friend had the vegetarian burger. Both very tasty and satisfying as were the apple pies we had for dessert. Service was OK ,but as there's quite a demand for a table, it's almost like they're doing you a favour. It's also worth a quick visit to the Vermont Country store next door.

Dear Mark,

Thanks so much for stopping by, and so glad you enjoyed your meal with us. We look forward to seeing you again.

All the best