“Delightful 6 night stay”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Weston
The Colonial House Inn & Motel
Ranked #3 of 3 Weston B&B and Inns
Kerrville, Texas
“Delightful 6 night stay”
Reviewed 14 August 2013

If you are searching for a laid back quiet place for some good rest and relaxation look no further. As a single female I felt totally safe here, including having my windows open at night. One morning I had accidentally not pulled the locked door to my room totally shut, and came back later in the day to find everything in its place. Where else can one stay and be able to say that?
Wonderful breakfasts (I had Jeff's omelets every morning), plenty of coffee, great service, lots of smiles. Kim and Jeff went out of their way to make me feel welcome. All questions and needs were met. I will definitely return and stay here during my next Vermont "fix".

Room Tip: I stayed in the motel section room #4 on the back side. No traffic noise.
Stayed August 2013, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Brooklyn, New York, United States
Reviewed 12 August 2013

Doesn't get better than that. My girlfriend and myself have stayed at the Colonial twice. The first time we were close to being caught in a thunderstorm on a motorcycle and asked around town and were directed to Kim and Jeff at the Colonial. Couldn't have been more perfect so next time we were up in Vermont we decided to swing by again and visit Kim, Jeff, and Alexis and have a chance to pet Sadie and Phin. Definitely would recommend the Colonial as an affordable spot with friendly folks and great food!

Room Tip: Deluxe motel rooms have nice sitting chairs to watch thunderstorms roll in over the mountains.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
Litchfield, Connecticut
Reviewed 9 August 2013

I've been a regular here for several decades as I worked at the Weston Playhouse - terrific summer theater! - years ago and return on a near-annual basis. From the moment you check in, you are made to feel welcome. A venerable Golden Retriever gives you a gentle look as you help yourself to welcome coffee and cookies. We always stay in the motel (rather than upstairs in the Inn) since it has private bathrooms. The motel rooms are comfortable but not lavish. My one quibble is with the bathroom, which is very cramped. The breakfasts are to die for. Jeff presides over the stove, turning out omelets and waffles, served with REAL heated MAPLE syrup. . None of this "Karo" or "Aunt Jemima" cane sugar stuff.Fresh local fruit and a Scottish oatmeal are also in the offing Every breakfast offers several varieties of bread and coffee cakes. My one quibble with breakfast is that the coffee is not as strong as I like it, but I can quite happily drink two or three cups of espresso first thing in the morning, so I'm a bit "off the charts" as far as that is concerned.

Room Tip: The computerized rating required me to rate the nonexistent pool and fitness center. There is nothin...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Pasadena, California
Reviewed 30 July 2013

July trip to Weston felt like a trip home. Good service, great people, good value. My first time to Vermont and for my five day visit, it was just wonderful. Make sure you like pets (I DO) make sure you have a car (no shuttles, buses, taxis in this neck of the woods) and make sure you try the cookies and afternoon lemonade. Slice of heaven.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
South Orange, New Jersey
Reviewed 16 July 2013

Friends and I planned a trip to Weston Vermont to visit Weston Priory for the weekend of July 12 to July 15. This was our first visit to the Colonial House Inn & Motel. The owners and staff could not be more helpful. The breakfast was plentiful and everyone was very hospitable. Was the perfect place to stay when visiting the Priory, or for any other travel in that area of Vermont. Highly recommended.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank MichaelPetti
Woodstock, Connecticut
Reviewed 1 July 2013

Our room was beautiful, the breakfasts were phenomenal and the Innkeeper Jeff (his wife was away for the weekend) was so helpful! He had some excellent recommendations for places in the area. A great stay at a wonderful New England Inn!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sheila_Jason
London
Reviewed 20 June 2013

We chose to stay here based on previous Trip Advisor reviews and all were pretty much on the button. The owners, Jeff & Kim, are so hospitable and welcoming, making you feel like family rather than a paying guest. Of course, the dog and cats make it special too.

The Colonial House itself is old, let’s face it, but a lovely higgledy-pickle of a house. And if it’s peace and quiet you want, then this is the place for you. We slept like a log for the two nights we were there. Beds were so comfortable. Our room was quite small but very clean, with TV (good reception, loads of channels), phone, bathroom and even a fridge. No coffee maker. Outside our room was a feeder for the humming-birds who visit constantly; there is also another feeder set outside the “breakfast room” where your breakfast is cooked. As other TA's have commented, the Colonial House breakfasts are great, sometimes cooked in person by Jeff or their “chef”. Nothing too much trouble - good choices and good company. On our first morning an American couple asked to join us and we spent an hour putting the world to rights. Food is extremely good and they really do go the extra mile. The cookies in the lounge area when you get back from a day out are great too.

The hotel is a couple of miles outside the little village of Weston, certainly walkable, but without a proper “pavement” and bends in the road, could be tricky at night. Weston is a typically pretty little New England village; make sure you visit the Weston Village Store and the Vermont Country Store, a veritable treasure trove where you could easily spend a few hours. Dining choices are limited – you can go to the Inn at Weston (silver service), or drive in the opposite direction to Londonderry. Not much there either but there is a little supermarket and Jakes, a grill/bar. However, the kitchen shuts about 9pm.

If you're staying in or near Weston, we can thoroughly recommend The Colonial House.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Patch007London
Also consider these accommodations in or near Weston
Ludlow Colonial Motel
#1 of 9 in Chester
Snowdon Chalet
Snowdon Chalet
#1 of 3 in Londonderry

Been to The Colonial House Inn & Motel? Share your experiences!