“Excellent european style lodgings”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Weston
The Colonial House Inn & Motel
Ranked #3 of 3 Weston B&B and Inns
Reviewed 20 August 2013

My 9-year-old son and I enjoyed a two day stay at the Inn while en route to music camp further north. The price is right, and the rooms in the inn are quaint, with a real New England country inn feel to them. Yes, there is no complimentary shampoo or lotion, but you don't need it, and hair dryers - if you need one - are stored in a drawer below the sink in the bathroom. The property feels very safe, and it's not a big deal to leave your room unlocked during breakfast or while you shower in an adjacent bathroom. Breakfasts are generous and the service is friendly and attentive.

Room Tip: For a more authentic New England feel, choose a room in the original inn rather than a motel. You...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 17 August 2013

The best part of this Inn is the included breakfast. It is made to order with juice, coffee, fruit, hot cereal, etc. Jeff's omelets were great. The bathroom was very small. When sitting on the toilet my knees hit the wall and I am only 5'3". There was no shampoo or hair dryer. I had to go to the office for a hair dryer. The most disappointing thing was when we returned to our room from breakfast at 9:30 two maids were in our room cleaning. We had not packed and our things were on the beds with our suitcases so everything had been moved. Check-out is not until 11:00 so there was no reason for this. We felt we were being rushed out and wondered after we left if we had packed everything. The price was good.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Mary M
Reviewed 14 August 2013

If you are searching for a laid back quiet place for some good rest and relaxation look no further. As a single female I felt totally safe here, including having my windows open at night. One morning I had accidentally not pulled the locked door to my room totally shut, and came back later in the day to find everything in its place. Where else can one stay and be able to say that?
Wonderful breakfasts (I had Jeff's omelets every morning), plenty of coffee, great service, lots of smiles. Kim and Jeff went out of their way to make me feel welcome. All questions and needs were met. I will definitely return and stay here during my next Vermont "fix".

Room Tip: I stayed in the motel section room #4 on the back side. No traffic noise.
Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 August 2013

Doesn't get better than that. My girlfriend and myself have stayed at the Colonial twice. The first time we were close to being caught in a thunderstorm on a motorcycle and asked around town and were directed to Kim and Jeff at the Colonial. Couldn't have been more perfect so next time we were up in Vermont we decided to swing by again and visit Kim, Jeff, and Alexis and have a chance to pet Sadie and Phin. Definitely would recommend the Colonial as an affordable spot with friendly folks and great food!

Room Tip: Deluxe motel rooms have nice sitting chairs to watch thunderstorms roll in over the mountains.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 August 2013

I've been a regular here for several decades as I worked at the Weston Playhouse - terrific summer theater! - years ago and return on a near-annual basis. From the moment you check in, you are made to feel welcome. A venerable Golden Retriever gives you a gentle look as you help yourself to welcome coffee and cookies. We always stay in the motel (rather than upstairs in the Inn) since it has private bathrooms. The motel rooms are comfortable but not lavish. My one quibble is with the bathroom, which is very cramped. The breakfasts are to die for. Jeff presides over the stove, turning out omelets and waffles, served with REAL heated MAPLE syrup. . None of this "Karo" or "Aunt Jemima" cane sugar stuff.Fresh local fruit and a Scottish oatmeal are also in the offing Every breakfast offers several varieties of bread and coffee cakes. My one quibble with breakfast is that the coffee is not as strong as I like it, but I can quite happily drink two or three cups of espresso first thing in the morning, so I'm a bit "off the charts" as far as that is concerned.

Room Tip: The computerized rating required me to rate the nonexistent pool and fitness center. There is nothin...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 July 2013

July trip to Weston felt like a trip home. Good service, great people, good value. My first time to Vermont and for my five day visit, it was just wonderful. Make sure you like pets (I DO) make sure you have a car (no shuttles, buses, taxis in this neck of the woods) and make sure you try the cookies and afternoon lemonade. Slice of heaven.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 July 2013

Friends and I planned a trip to Weston Vermont to visit Weston Priory for the weekend of July 12 to July 15. This was our first visit to the Colonial House Inn & Motel. The owners and staff could not be more helpful. The breakfast was plentiful and everyone was very hospitable. Was the perfect place to stay when visiting the Priory, or for any other travel in that area of Vermont. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank MichaelPetti
Also consider these accommodations in or near Weston
Grafton Inn
#1 of 3 in Weston
Swiss Inn
Swiss Inn
#3 of 3 in Londonderry

Been to The Colonial House Inn & Motel? Share your experiences!