“Extremely hospitable and comfortable stay in beautiful location!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Weston
The Colonial House Inn & Motel
Ranked #3 of 3 Weston B&B and Inns
Reviewed 9 September 2013

We spent the weekend in Weston and took in all the sights, from the Vermont country store to the Weston memorial library. Jeff and Kim were so hospitable and kind, especially given we had our 12-week old daughter with us. The room was cozy, staff were super-friendly, and food delicious! We can't wait to stay there again soon...

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank annwangryan

Reviewed 3 September 2013

I have returned to The Colonial House many times over the past several years. Each time I feel that I am returning home. It is comfortable and welcoming and the breakfasts are superb! We have visited Weston in all four seasons and there are always great activities in the area.

Room Tip: The inn is cozy and the motel rooms are great too.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 September 2013

We have stayed here only 3 times so far. I say only because we meet people each stay who have been coming for years, some even since they were kids! While the rooms themselves are a bit outdated perhaps to some, they are immaculate and smell nice! The main room is filled with beautiful handmade quilts. Fresh Cookies are offered in the sunroom daily! You might even see the family dog or cat in there! However, the highlight of the stay is hands down the breakfast! Absolutely amazing, delicious, using local ingredients. Homemade breads, fruit cups, hot cereal, and those are just the starters! These are followed by your choice of pancakes with warm local maple cereal of course, or one of Jeff's specialty omelets! You never leave hungry, in fact you don't want to leave! Conversations with the staff and other guests make you feel as if you are with family! Well worth checking out! No matter where our destination in Vermont is, we always spend at least one night here!

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Fountainrest
Reviewed 26 August 2013 via mobile

Great scenic location, excellent breakfast. Clean, very simple room. Appreciated being able to bring the dog. The staff was very attentive. Loved the baked goods to eat there and purchase. Location in Weston is beautiful.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank ARKSLA
Reviewed 26 August 2013

I had decided to visit Weston and found this Inn on line about a week ahead and was fortunate to secure a room during the busy last days of summer... I called and spoke with Jeff, requesting a room with a firm mattress and was given room # 6, in the main part of the Inn.
The bed was perfect, I slept late (for me) and enjoyed the fresh baked goods and delicious full breakfast in the comfortable dining room which overlooks the back garden.
I want to acknowledge the very personal care and service Kim and Jeff and the staff offered me and all their guests. These are real innkeepers with the gift for engaging their guests and providing true hospitality! The Inn is filled with a mix of authentic country furniture pieces along with comfortable, more modern sofas, etc.In residence are two inn cats and they do allow some pets with prior arrangements. They sometimes offer dinner at the Inn and I hope the next time I visit that might be available because it is clear just from the breakfast fare that they can cook! Entering the Inn I was reminded of my childhood days in Weston and I couldn't have been more pleased.
Thanks! Alexandra

Room Tip: Room # 6 has a firm mattress which I requested, A cheery, bright blue and white scheme and a lovely...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 August 2013

My 9-year-old son and I enjoyed a two day stay at the Inn while en route to music camp further north. The price is right, and the rooms in the inn are quaint, with a real New England country inn feel to them. Yes, there is no complimentary shampoo or lotion, but you don't need it, and hair dryers - if you need one - are stored in a drawer below the sink in the bathroom. The property feels very safe, and it's not a big deal to leave your room unlocked during breakfast or while you shower in an adjacent bathroom. Breakfasts are generous and the service is friendly and attentive.

Room Tip: For a more authentic New England feel, choose a room in the original inn rather than a motel. You...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 August 2013

The best part of this Inn is the included breakfast. It is made to order with juice, coffee, fruit, hot cereal, etc. Jeff's omelets were great. The bathroom was very small. When sitting on the toilet my knees hit the wall and I am only 5'3". There was no shampoo or hair dryer. I had to go to the office for a hair dryer. The most disappointing thing was when we returned to our room from breakfast at 9:30 two maids were in our room cleaning. We had not packed and our things were on the beds with our suitcases so everything had been moved. Check-out is not until 11:00 so there was no reason for this. We felt we were being rushed out and wondered after we left if we had packed everything. The price was good.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Mary M

Been to The Colonial House Inn & Motel? Share your experiences!