“We live in France, so see few American motels -- we were on...”

Super 8 White River Junction
Reviewed 27 October 2013

We live in France, so see few American motels -- we were on a tight budget, so the main criterion was value for money and at Super 8 we got just that. I was nervous because on the internet Super 8 gets some poor reviews, but I was very pleasantly surprised. The motel was better than my expectations. The rooms were warm, comfortable, clean and restful. Spacious too, compared to hotels we experienced in cities.

The staff were always friendly, helpful, recommending a good place to eat that we would never have found on our own -- again good food for a good price, the person at Super 8 understood what we were looking for.

I would definitely recommend to anyone who wants an honest, reasonably priced motel without frills.

Reviewed 23 October 2013

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 October 2013

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 October 2013

I needed a room when visiting my daughter in Hanover and Super 8 was all that was available (Homecoming had just happened). Usually my experiences at Super 8 are good. Not so with this location. Room 12 on the ground floor and shares a wall with the hallway with an entrance from the parking lot. Each time the door is opened and closed, the entire bed and room shakes. Like a 4.0 earthquake. And it is loud. Sleep was not easy and I found myself falling out during the day. The assistant manager, very nice woman, wanted to give me a discount which she could not do because the room was prepaid. I asked if I could have a different room (the parking lot is pretty empty as most of the homecoming fans are gone) and she said she would have to check with the manager the next day and that maybe I could. I said if I could not change rooms I would check out altogether. We'll see what happens tomorrow. Re cleanliness, the bathmat in the bathroom has mildew along the edges. When housekeeping came in to clean, they did not wipe the very visible crumbs off of the nightstand and did not make the bed properly. Overall, this location is not clean, worn out and in need of upgrades including soundproofing. Actually, with room 12, an easy improvement on the noise issue would be to place the beds against the opposite wall. Also, the bathtub stopper was broken. No amount of money saved is worth a stay her.

Room Tip: Don't Stay Here. If you do do not stay in room 12.