“This hotel is very handy to the V A hospital where I had an...”

Super 8 White River Junction

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
fufu58
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Stay here several years ago & vowed never to return, but reading the newer reviews, opted to give it another chance. Did not make a reservation - just asked to see a room. It was all new - fresh and clean. The desk person was very nice and helpful. The 'breakfast' is still cereal. Wish the rooms had fridges.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 14 July 2014

I've stayed at some GROSS places, but this place definitely takes the cake! We were there for a local triathlon and just needed an inexpensive place to rest for the night. Well this was certainly the WRONG place. First of all, we requested non-smoking rooms in advance and we both got smoking rooms. The response by the front desk was simply, "That's all we have." They blamed it on the fact that we booked it through a "third party" aka Expedia. They offered to use their special anti-smoke formula on our room "free of charge!!!" which they assured us was NOT just air freshener. Low and behold, the room then smelled like stale smoke and nauseating perfume. Our friend's bed comforter was covered with burn holes! The toilets struggled to flush EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. The windows were "locked" with boards of wood. On top of everything, I brought my pillow (thank God!!!)... and once I got home realized I had left it at the Super 8. I called and requested for the pillow to be sent to me, and offered to pay all associated costs. I never received my pillow. At this point I'd be afraid to get it back! I know this place is appealing because of its extremely low cost... but do yourself a favor and spend a couple more bucks and save some of your dignity.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Haneyville, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed 11 July 2014

Clean, friendly, quiet. What else can you ask for from a Super 8. The Cross Roads Diner down the road was awesome.... We stayed so we could visit friends up the road. Beds we're comfortable, remarkably quiet and secure.

Room Tip: All seem to be good...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Wj M
Cork
Reviewed 10 July 2014

do you want expensive and impersonal or cheap and friendly? All Super 8's everywhere need new carpeting. It's almost like the franchise has some kind of new carpet phobia or something but the front desk staff at this Super 8 were extremely friendly, helpful and fun. The breakfast is fresh, and the dining area clean. The rooms are, at best, adequate. Pillows in #98 in desperate need of replacement and would someone please clean up that dark stain in front of the door? However try and book #98, 97, 96 or 95. Why? Because that is where the router is. FASTEST INTERNET EVER! And the airconditioner sang with frosty air all night which was desperately needed in the heat and humidity of Vermont in July. I had just had a desperately bad experience at a very pricey and popular hotel in Boston the previous night so this little worn but happy motel was a godsend. I would stay again. As long as it's #98.

Room Tip: 98 98 98 98 Unless you don't care about the internet then anyone is ok.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Casper, Wyoming
Reviewed 10 July 2014

I've stayed in a lot of budget motels all over the country, and this one is in the top half of that group. It's not the most luxurious place, but if you were expecting that…

The front desk people in the evening were everything you'd want from the front desk. They knew their stuff and were full of dry Yankee wit. The room was what you'd expect. Clean and a few steps above spartan. The sink was outside of the bathroom, which I like. The TV had a decent selection of channels. The bed was comfortable. The breakfast was not fancy, but better than many hotels at this price point. The wifi worked, and the business center had a free inkjet printer.

It's not fancy, but it does the trick for a whole lot less money than other hotels in the area.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 9 July 2014

I want to say the Front Desk Staff were wonderful and the Continental Breakfast was decent.
The room was barely adequate and I would recommend it more for someone travelling who just wants to walk in and conk out!
No frills, no refrigerator, no chairs to sit outside in the evening.
I was overwhelmed by the strong stench of bug spray.. hence I tore the bed apart examinating for Bed Bugs and it came up clean. The mattress and sheets and bed spread were spotless. I couldn't get my head around the smell of spray.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Comfort Inn
#6 of 8 in White River Junction
Quality Inn at Quechee Gorge
Holiday Inn Express & Suites White River Junction
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Whi...
#2 of 8 in White River Junction
Hampton Inn White River Junction
Hampton Inn White River Junction
#1 of 8 in White River Junction
Fireside Inn & Suites
Fireside Inn & Suites
#3 of 7 in Lebanon

Been to Super 8 White River Junction? Share your experiences!