“Needs updating”

Comfort Inn
Texas
“Needs updating”
Reviewed 15 October 2011

Overall the hotel was okay. Stayed here for two weeks for work. Other hotels in the area were booked up.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
East Greenwich
Reviewed 11 October 2011

As we walked in the hotel to check in, we were ignored for quite some time, while the front desk girl was typing what seemed to be a novel on the computer while we were just standing there waiting to be acknowledged. I walked around to the side of her desk, to see what she was typing on the computer, and what do you know, I could see from where I was standing that she was on FACEBOOK! I asked her, "are you on facebook while we're standing here waiting to check in?!" She said "yes".
I was so horrified that I wanted to just leave, but there were no other hotels in the area with availability, so we checked in, despite my better judgement.
When we got to our room, the carpet had dirt all over it, and the toilet had been used, and was filthy- really disgusting.
I saw a housekeeper in the hall,which also had a filthy, stained, smelly carpet, and told her how dirty our room was, and she just shrugged me off, and said that she doesn't clean the third floor.
I went down to the front desk to complain, but no one was at the desk, and there was no bell to ring. There was another customer standing there as well, waiting for help, but at 7pm, there was no one in site, and the phone was ringing off the hook too.
This place needs an entirely new staff. We would never stay here agan.
For $200, I expect a lot more for my money.

Room Tip: Stay anywhere but here!
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these White River Junction hotels

Gales Ferry, Connecticut, United States
Reviewed 27 September 2011

Having worked in the hotel industry for almost 10 years I tend to scrutinize a lot! I found this hotel to be wonderful! The staff was excellent and knowledgable. The room was clean.. The only issue (which I forgot to mention at checkout) was that the tv reception was a little off.. A wiggle of the cord seemed to solve that issue. Although we didn't use the pool or fitness room they looked clean and well maintained. Would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Nachstenliebe
Markham, Canada
Reviewed 24 September 2011

Exterior looks good but interior needs major re Storting especially in the halls. Our first assigned room had many stains in the carpet, the curtains had cigarette burns so we switched rooms. Our next room was better but the a/c barely worked. Not good value.

• Stayed September 2011
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 17 September 2011

I'd only stay here again if no other hotels in the area were full. Our room was on the fourth (top) floor. We could hear every word said in the next room and they weren't being loud! After we turned off the lights you could see light coming from their room where the ceiling was not sealed off. Talk about no privacy! It was clean, but that's about it. Plus, it was $190.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
Lowell, Massachusetts
Reviewed 29 August 2011

My husband & I stayed 8/26 - 8/27~ I found a web special back in July, so we booked it. Had NO idea Irene would be visiting us!
As for the hotel, comfy beds, polite staff, good breakfast selection, and coffee 24/7. Now, the pool, well~ it does state "indoor pool" the pool area is very nice, towels, chairs & tables. One thing missing...did you read indoor pool?
"NOT" heated indoor pool~ it was like swimming in the Atlantic the beach in MAINE! They only heat the pool in the "winter". Other than that would return, without having to check out in a hurricane!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank mgary56
Shutesbury, Massachusetts
Reviewed 1 August 2011

We showed up with no reservation and a bus was unloading. Still we got right in and got a room. When I realized that hubby had gotten us the wrong kind of room I was able to go back to the desk and change our room with no hassle at all. I was really pleased with the front desk staff! The indoor pool was small, only 4 feet deep on the deep end but fine for kids and a place to relax. No hot tub, but oh well. The wireless internet worked well, and breakfast was decent with a waffle maker, eggs, and sausage in addition to the usual continental standards. It was quiet at night too. For an unexpected visit it was great! I would definitely go back!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank RebeccaMA
Also consider these accommodations in or near White River Junction
Hampton Inn White River Junction
Hampton Inn White River Junction
#1 of 8 in White River Junction
Holiday Inn Express & Suites White River Junction
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Whi...
#2 of 8 in White River Junction
White River Inn and Suites
White River Inn and Suites
#5 of 8 in White River Junction
Fairfield Inn & Suites White River Junction
Fairfield Inn & Suites White Riv...
#3 of 8 in White River Junction
Hotel Coolidge
Hotel Coolidge
#4 of 8 in White River Junction
Fireside Inn & Suites
Fireside Inn & Suites
#3 of 7 in Lebanon

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!