“a good night's sleep”
Review of Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn
Reviewed 13 November 2012

First time we stayed here. On checking in, found the staff helpful and friendly. Found the room to be quite nice with a very comfortable king sized bed. The Heater-A/C unit was also very quiet. Breakfast was typical for hotels, nothing to rave about.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank donlee84

Reviewed 5 October 2012

Buyer beware
These jerks chronically oversell their hotel rooms on busy weekends and if you arrive late you will be stuck in a smoking room
That's right it is 2012 and you will be stuck in a smoking room
Front desk staff will lie to you about how you must have 'mistakenly' booked a smoking room
As long as you are off season you are fine but if it is a high traffic weekend avoid this like the plague
Disgusting rooms and their staff are lying, patronizing losers who will tell you anything to get rid of you

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Mark L
Reviewed 26 August 2012

We have stayed here everytime we have visited Vermont - which is often. White River Junction appears to be a very small town in the middle of no where but it centrally located by two major interstates which puts within an hours drive to most of the Vermont attractions. If you want chain stores and restaurants - West Lebanon N.H. is across the river - one exit or 5 minutes away. White River has several good restaurants and cafes within walking distance ot downtown a few block away. The staff here is very friendly. The hotel is clean. The breakfast area is very nice and has a great selection of breakfast items. The hotel has plenty of parking and room for dog walking - for all size dogs - and there is no pet fee (a rarity). We have stayed here several times and have always had a nice stay.

2  Thank DogTravelerNJ
Reviewed 23 August 2012

This was our 2nd visit to this hotel and I was looking forward to it. Staff was pleasant at check in. This time it was me who got the wrong kind of room. Forgot my daughter's request for an upper level room but hubby went back and got us moved up to the 3rd floor with no problem. We had a 3rd floor non-smoking King. No closet in the room (I think the former closet is now where the coffee & luggage rack are stored). There was a wardrobe in the room though as a substitute. This is not a fancy amenities place. No microwave or fridge in the room & we knew that going in. The elevator is small (only holds 6 people) and we did have to wait in the morning for a 2nd elevator as the 1st one was filled up. The first time we stayed here last summer I really liked it and you can see my review about it. This visit was disappointing in a couple of ways.

First of all there was a university soccer team there and we didn't find out until breakfast. They took up the whole breakfast room. The coach kindly helped us get a table but it was still nearly impossible to get breakfast. The guys ate the hot foods as soon as the hotel staff put it out. We did manage to get the 6 year old a waffle and some milk but my hubby went hungry. When the soccer team cleared out the other guests, mostly elderly, came into the room. Again, not enough room for everyone and I'm too polite to elbow an old man or old lady out of the way so I can get to something.

Second, I was HUGELY disappointed by the wi-fi on this visit. We had been camping for a few days before our arrival and I was looking forward to the hotel wi-fi so I could get caught up on some personal projects. However the wi-fi was useless. Neither my husband or myself could do anything productive with it.

Now the plus side- great pool for a kid and we had it to ourselves. It is only 3 ft-4ft deep but it is long enough for some real swimming. We saw a woman reading quietly in the room too so I think she enjoyed the sun. In the afternoon/evening it was about 90 degrees in there, and in the morning after breakfast it was around 80 degrees so plenty warm enough.

The room itself - the bed was comfy and I slept pretty well in spite of the tiny pillows. Didn't hear any other guests or anything, and the shower was nice (especially after camping).

If you shop around the area you will see that the other hotels that are up the street (Hampton Inn etc) are quite expensive and they don't all have pools etc. so I still think this place is a good value, but I was really disappointed by the wi-fi situation.

1  Thank RebeccaMA
Reviewed 19 August 2012

We stayed here for a hockey tournament, so the hotel was packed with kids. The staff did OK with all of the chaos, but was clearly very annoyed at times. This is a basic hotel. One very slow elevator, a small lobby, and a breakfast area. Our room was ok, no complaints. It seemed clean enough, but a few in our group had rooms that smelled like old smoke. Even though the hotel is now smoke free, it used to allow smoking. The staff tried to cover up the bad smell with a spray, and when that did not work, they relocated the people to a different floor. The free breakfast was ok, typical 'free breakfast' food. The best part of the hotel was the pool area. There is no hot tub, but the pool is a good size. As far as meals, there is not much in this town within walking distance. But there is a Subway located inside a gas station, and that was enough. We would go back here...but only if it was for a short stay and really just needed a place to sleep.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 August 2012

Where to start? The hotel is definitely off the beaten path. We jus t stayed there for one night while visiting Dartmouth College. Once we checked in,we got into the sauna called the elevator. These is no air flow and it made a sound like "I think I can... I think I can". Once we got to our floor (4), the hallways were dark, HOT and the carpet was stained like there has been mass frat parties. Inside the room, the air was stale. While trying to turn on the air conditioner the front can off and dirt was caked on the coils and controls. The air conditioner was very loud and made no difference in the air temperature. Even the loudness of the a/c could not drown out the noise from the TV next door that we can hear through the paper thin walls. The beds thenselves were comfortable even though I slept on top of the covers (didn't trust them). I know the room was only $99 dollars, but being this is in the backwoods, I would have expected more.

2  Thank Josh L
Reviewed 29 July 2012

My destination was St Johnsbury, so heading north I stayed here on Saturday night and then again heading south on Friday night six days later. A wonderful establishment with accommodating front desk staff. King size bed the first night and queen the next. Over sized rooms with more than the usual amenities. Great breakfast... much more than merely continental. Looking forward another stay if in the area.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Al M
Also consider these accommodations in or near White River Junction
Holiday Inn Express & Suites White River Junction
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Whi...
#3 of 8 in White River Junction
White River Inn and Suites
White River Inn and Suites
#6 of 8 in White River Junction
Hampton Inn White River Junction
Hampton Inn White River Junction
#1 of 8 in White River Junction
Fairfield Inn & Suites White River Junction
Fairfield Inn & Suites White Riv...
#4 of 8 in White River Junction
Hotel Coolidge
Hotel Coolidge
#2 of 8 in White River Junction
Fireside Inn & Suites
Fireside Inn & Suites
#4 of 7 in Lebanon

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!