“1 night max”
Review of Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Stayed for 1 night and let's say I was happy I wasnt there for a second. Its not a bad hotel, its just that the rooms are a lil outdated, carpet on the floor seemed old and I found 2 spiders. The highlight of the hotel was the hot breakfast included in the price. Room was ok to spend the night, thats it.Price was good, 99$ for Mid-July.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Marcella-MTL
KDKS519, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2014

Thank you for taking time to review your recent stay with us. I'm very sorry about the spiders! Our hotel was renovated this Spring. I'm sorry you were not happy with us. All room carpets were replaced in April and May. I'm very happy to hear you liked the breakfast! I hope you will stay with us again on a future visit.

There are newer reviews for Comfort Inn

Reviewed 26 July 2014

Exterior appearance neat and attractive. Interior lobby also clean and furnished as nearly all this price range motels are. Front desk person helpful in regard to places to eat as well as directions to specific destinations. Room average size, basically clean. However, room and hallways had strong smoke smell. I don't know how long ago smoking was permitted, but whatever action was taken to eliminate smoke smell did not do the job. Apparently complete replacement of drapes, carpeting, etc will be necessary. Room had no refrigerator, which is unusual in motels these days. Bathroom small; toilet and tub only. Outside bathroom there were two counters; one with a sink and the other with coffee maker, etc. The counter without the sink had a definite "sandy" feel, like someone failed to wipe it clean. Breakfast area average size, clean; however eggs and meat had been emptied and it was some time before they were refilled. Overall, since there are not many choices in the area, this is probably the one to use.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank choochoogrampa
KDKS519, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to let me know about your stay with us. I'm very sorry for the issues you had and please know they will be addressed. Again, thank you for letting me know and I do hope you'll stay with us again when you are in town.

Reviewed 14 July 2014

Overall I was pleased with my stay at this hotel, few things tub drain was slow in draining water and I noticed cigarette ashes in the window track and dust on the top valance of the curtains. I had people attending a dog show and they had left dogs out in the van for the night which either barked or howled almost the entire night during one of the night's I was there. I had suggested maybe have people staying at the hotel with dogs they leave out in vans to maybe park down by the pool so they don't bother other guests trying to sleep or take the dogs with you into your room. I found the hotel to be a little pricey.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank xannon709
KDKS519, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review of your stay. Please know we will take all of your comments and concerns into consideration. I appreciate you taking the time to let us know and we're happy to hear that overall you were pleased with your stay! We'd love to have you stay with us again in the future. Thanks again!

Reviewed 10 July 2014

This place was a very pleasant surprise. Room was sparkling clean. We arrived very late in the day and the front desk clerk greeted us in a very friendly way and had our keys and room ready to go. We will definitely stay here again when traveling to the area for meetings.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank TrickyHobby
KDKS519, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Thank you very much for your kind words! I'm glad to hear you'll stay with us again on a future visit!

Reviewed 29 June 2014

We stayed here last weekend, our first trip ever to WRJ. We usually stay in Brattleboro, but having been disappointed over our last two stays there, we decided to come a little north, and be closer to our ultimate destinations in Queechee, VT and New London, NH. I was a little afraid that there didn't seem to be, well, much of anything in the area; a quick trip down 1 exit on 91, then 1 exit on 89, took us to what I would consider civilization (i. e., a Wal-Mart, grocery stores, restaurants) in West Lebanon, NH quickly calmed my fears. Not even 10 minutes away.

My husband called from the information "store" at the train station, and we were quoted a rate. We tried a couple other places, and none of them had rooms available. We decided to stay at the Comfort Inn, and, rather than call back, we just showed up.

Not only did we have no problem getting a room, the desk clerk noticed that I walk with a cane, and OFFERED us a handicapped accessible room. I have to almost beg for one at most hotels. It was on the first floor, clean as a whistle, the bed was comfy, and oh! the bathtub! Enough room to actually take a bath and stretch out my legs, plus a ledge on which to sit, plus a hand-held shower head! Grab bars in the tub! I wanted to take the bathtub home with us! And a commode higher than most - someone put a lot of thought into designing this accessible bathroom!

We went to see a show in NH, stopped in West Lebanon for a late-night snack, and came back to the hotel about 12:30 am. Nothing to worry about, though - I felt safe, and that's saying a lot.

Delicious breakfast the next morning. Neither of us eats eggs, which severely limits our breakfast choices. Not to worry - there were plenty of non-egg options for us. I just wish that the waffle maker didn't cook if you forget to flip it over; hubby's waffle came out a little burned. I would have made him another one, but there was someone else waiting to use the waffle maker. The staff was quick to fill up anything that was empty; in fact, she was pretty much right there with replenishments when they were gone, so she was paying attention to what was running low.

The hotel does allow pets; in the hallway, we could hear dogs in rooms barking. We love animals, and have plenty of dogs where we live, so it didn't bother us at all; I'm only mentioning it because I know there are people out there that would have a problem with it.

If I were to have any complaints, it would be that under no definition of the word was the indoor pool "heated". I got in up to my waist and couldn't get any further; even hubby, who loves the cold, lasted about 3 minutes. We did tell the front desk, but we were told that it is heated. So much for the pool noodle we picked up the night before :( Also, I found something belonging to a previous guest under the armchair in our room. I returned it to the front desk (fortunately, the rightful owner's name was on the item), but it does make me wonder how great a job they do vacuuming since the cleaning staff missed it.

We did need some extra toiletry items (shampoo, lotion), and these were quickly provided. The front desk didn't have one item, but promptly asked the cleaning person for some, and we were given extras of everything we needed. I was afraid I had left something in the room after we checked out; the cleaning person was again fantastic, and opened the door to our room for me, giving me all the time I needed to look for my item.

And when we checked out, either the rate we were quoted was exactly to the penny, or our AAA discount was equal to the tax, or we had actually been quoted a price that included tax. Okay, we're talking $9 here, but it was nice to know the staff actually included the tax and the AAA discount in the rate we were quoted. That has NEVER happened to us before, and quite a pleasant surprise!

Overall, I would recommend, and we will definitely stay there again. We just might not use the pool.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
KDKS519, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

I am so happy to hear your enjoyed your stay with us! Thank you for taking the time to let us know. I do hope you will stay with us again if you are ever in White River Junction!!

Reviewed 24 June 2014

Worst stay in a hotel. First room given to us was already occupied to the surprise of the staff. As we unpacked in the second room we discovered dirty clothes still hanging in the armoire so they aren't cleaning to rooms. Staff wanted to move us to a third room. Hot water could not be adjusted and staff did not care so we had to get our own tools. GFI tripped the electrical in the room so we got up late. We brought up the issues to the staff but they didn't care nor did they offer to adjust the price to reflect the value.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
KDKS519, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay. I"m very sorry about the issues you had. Please know I will be looking into them and getting them rectified. Again, thank you for letting me know. I hope you will give us another try in the future.

Reviewed 22 June 2014

Pros: Convenient location, nice lobby, friendly staff, comfortable beds, very inexpensive
Cons: 2 light bulbs out, A/C either on or off so no fan to just move air, faulty GFCI which blew light in bathroom, thermostat located behind desk where it is hard to reach and affected by heat from desk light, towels stiff, toilet paper barely useable, no TV station list in room, connecting door difficult to open and impossible to close, THE WORST -- no grab bars for getting into/out of the tub. This place needs serious rennovations.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
KDKS519, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I'm so sorry that you didn't have a pleasant stay. I will be looking into the issues you pointed out. Thank you for bringing them to my attention! I do hope you will try us again if you are ever in our area.

Also consider these accommodations in or near White River Junction
Holiday Inn Express & Suites White River Junction
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Whi...
#3 of 8 in White River Junction
Hampton Inn White River Junction
Hampton Inn White River Junction
#1 of 8 in White River Junction
White River Inn and Suites
White River Inn and Suites
#5 of 8 in White River Junction
Fairfield Inn & Suites White River Junction
Fairfield Inn & Suites White Riv...
#4 of 8 in White River Junction
Fireside Inn & Suites
Fireside Inn & Suites
#4 of 7 in Lebanon
Hotel Coolidge
Hotel Coolidge
#2 of 8 in White River Junction

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!