“Good hotel”

Hampton Inn White River Junction
Reviewed 14 December 2012

I stayed there for a week for business. For the most part it wasn't bad. After a quick stay at the Boston Chelsea because of missed connections back to my home airport, though, it could use some work (many hotels could). Still if your staying in the area I would still recommend it. The breakfast was very nice and I liked the fresh fruit daily. One of the maid's I think the 3rd day took a quick vaccum to my room since it was showing some wear and tear (again long stay there) which I appreciated. Staff were supper friendly and helpful even trying to find my church in the area. My favorite part was the pool I was actually a nice size for a hotel pool and the water was a great temperature. More hotels could follow that example. I would suggest though to spruce up the pool area visit the Hamptoin in Danbury, CT for decorating ideas. I would add a lot. I'm still a van of the hampton hotels my overall experience has been very good much better than some well known hotel chains.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business

Reviewed 1 December 2012

Hampton Inns are low cost hotels that don't try to wow anyone. They give you a bed to sleep on, some low quality toiletries, and a free breakfast in the morning that professes to be nothing more than edible. This Hampton Inn did all those things.
I mean, it's a Hampton, don't go in expecting much.
If you need to stay more than a few nights be sure to ask for a fridge, they have a few they rotate between rooms. If you need a microwave, they have on in the common area downstairs you can use.
The staff was very friendly, they gave me 4 Oreos and a bottle of water for my Hilton Honors Diamond Member welcome gift, which I thought was cute.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 November 2012

When you book at a "chain" hotel, and it is a chain with which you are familiar, you generally know exactly what you expect. This was absolutely the case at this Hampton Inn. Front desk staff were particularly friendly. We recommend the restaurant Elixir in White River Junction. It is handy and great food, although it looks less than appetizing from the exterior.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 November 2012

Plenty of space in King Room with sofa, desk and two dressers. Clean room with very comfy bed and pillows. AARP rate for one night was $109. Including taxes. Good value for this room and a hot breakfast with many choices. Breakfast area is spacious, clean and very well organized. No microwave or fridge in room, but available in lobby. Very pleasant staff.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Retiredin2010
Reviewed 5 November 2012

Nice quick visit. Lovely staff. Very nice and friendly. Clean room. Asked for first floor and got it. Great heating system in the room. All good, nice coffee. Just a great quick stay. Bed was not the newer type like at some Hamptons, but comfy.
Nice Hilton point schedule. Not in the area often, but would stay again.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 October 2012

We had a hard time finding reservations for our peak-time tour of Vermont, so were relieved that there was room at least at this Inn. It worked very well for us. The room was a bit more than OK, the breakfast really quite good, and the location served our purpose. We wanted to go to Simon Pearce, the Marsh-Billings-Rockefeller National Park, and Woodstock. We were a bit far out for any of these spots, but it was not too far away. Again, we were so happy to have good accommodations close to where we wanted to be.

The coffee and tea station was open 24/7,which was a real boon. We went to breakfast very early to avoid the rush, it was the best hotel/inn breakfast we had on the entire trip.

No glitches.

Room Tip: Some rooms downstairs were right by the lobby AND the elevator. It was a real privacy issue for thos...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 October 2012

We stayed one night while visting a friend who was appearing in a show. The hotel was very close to downtown. Clean, quite and a nice hot breakfast included. Price was ago very good.
There are a number of chain hotels in the complex, but Hampton offered the best price.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near White River Junction
Holiday Inn Express & Suites White River Junction
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Whi...
#3 of 8 in White River Junction
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#6 of 8 in White River Junction
White River Inn and Suites
White River Inn and Suites
#5 of 8 in White River Junction
Fairfield Inn & Suites White River Junction
Fairfield Inn & Suites White Riv...
#4 of 8 in White River Junction
Quality Inn at Quechee Gorge
Residence Inn by Marriott Hanover Lebanon

Been to Hampton Inn White River Junction? Share your experiences!