“Great spot”

Hampton Inn White River Junction
Washington
“Great spot”
Reviewed 7 January 2013

The warm pool was a treat after being out in the cold weather.

The breakfast was really good, and the staff was helpful. We liked the cookies, and the hot chocolate which was available all day.

Our room was really clean, but we would have preferred to have had bigger beds. Full-sized beds don't cut it for tall people traveling with a family.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Portland, Maine
Reviewed 27 December 2012

This is the first time that I've stayed at this location.
I felt that some of the facility and parts of my room were a bit dated.
The woman at the desk said that the hotel was scheduled to under go renovations soon.
I would have given 4 stars but had 3 specific issues ... no answer at the desk, a bad heating system, and poor internet experience.
The perfect storm I'm afraid. : -)
The heater in my room (#207) was a big clunky box of a thing...really old. I wouldn't have minded but it made a horrible sound with both heat and a/c. Luckily it was a mild night...so, I was fine with it turned off.
The internet issue should not have happened...it should have been an easy fix. -- After I got settled in my room, I tried to click on the hhonors link that came up for available internet connections. It would not connect.
I tried calling the desk, but it rang and rang. (I had observed the woman behind the desk when I checked in and she was very busy ... not answering the phone at that time, so I assumed it was still the case.)
Back to the internet issue ... I was told out upon check-out the next morning was that there was an AT&T link that I should have used/clicked on. (She said, "the hhonors link does not work.")
ugh!
I just assumed that the hhonors was the correct link and the AT&T belonged to a nearby business or hotel so I didn't even try the AT&T one.
There should have been a card or notation at check in to let customers know "not" to use the hhonors connection link.
As I mentioned in the title though ... the staff were all helpful and polite. They went out of their way when I asked questions. I watched them with other staff and they were polite to them also.
I would try this hotel again ... especially after renovations are done.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
Herminie
Reviewed 14 December 2012

I stayed there for a week for business. For the most part it wasn't bad. After a quick stay at the Boston Chelsea because of missed connections back to my home airport, though, it could use some work (many hotels could). Still if your staying in the area I would still recommend it. The breakfast was very nice and I liked the fresh fruit daily. One of the maid's I think the 3rd day took a quick vaccum to my room since it was showing some wear and tear (again long stay there) which I appreciated. Staff were supper friendly and helpful even trying to find my church in the area. My favorite part was the pool I was actually a nice size for a hotel pool and the water was a great temperature. More hotels could follow that example. I would suggest though to spruce up the pool area visit the Hamptoin in Danbury, CT for decorating ideas. I would add a lot. I'm still a van of the hampton hotels my overall experience has been very good much better than some well known hotel chains.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
Portland, Oregon, United States
Reviewed 1 December 2012

Hampton Inns are low cost hotels that don't try to wow anyone. They give you a bed to sleep on, some low quality toiletries, and a free breakfast in the morning that professes to be nothing more than edible. This Hampton Inn did all those things.
I mean, it's a Hampton, don't go in expecting much.
If you need to stay more than a few nights be sure to ask for a fridge, they have a few they rotate between rooms. If you need a microwave, they have on in the common area downstairs you can use.
The staff was very friendly, they gave me 4 Oreos and a bottle of water for my Hilton Honors Diamond Member welcome gift, which I thought was cute.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
Saint John, Canada
Reviewed 24 November 2012

When you book at a "chain" hotel, and it is a chain with which you are familiar, you generally know exactly what you expect. This was absolutely the case at this Hampton Inn. Front desk staff were particularly friendly. We recommend the restaurant Elixir in White River Junction. It is handy and great food, although it looks less than appetizing from the exterior.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
Akron, Ohio
Reviewed 7 November 2012

Plenty of space in King Room with sofa, desk and two dressers. Clean room with very comfy bed and pillows. AARP rate for one night was $109. Including taxes. Good value for this room and a hot breakfast with many choices. Breakfast area is spacious, clean and very well organized. No microwave or fridge in room, but available in lobby. Very pleasant staff.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Retiredin2010
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 5 November 2012

Nice quick visit. Lovely staff. Very nice and friendly. Clean room. Asked for first floor and got it. Great heating system in the room. All good, nice coffee. Just a great quick stay. Bed was not the newer type like at some Hamptons, but comfy.
Nice Hilton point schedule. Not in the area often, but would stay again.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near White River Junction
Holiday Inn Express & Suites White River Junction
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Whi...
#2 of 8 in White River Junction
White River Inn and Suites
White River Inn and Suites
#5 of 8 in White River Junction
Fairfield Inn & Suites White River Junction
Fairfield Inn & Suites White Riv...
#3 of 8 in White River Junction
#3 of 7 in Lebanon
Hotel Coolidge
Hotel Coolidge
#4 of 8 in White River Junction

Been to Hampton Inn White River Junction? Share your experiences!