All reviews front desk room was clean king arthur complimentary breakfast cookies other hotels great place to stay fresh fruit waffles business center business trip indoor pool visiting dartmouth nice stay would stay here again king bed the breakfast area
Reviewed 12 November 2017

Tanner at the front desk was not at all helpful. He told me to "Google It" when I inquired about nearby church services. Isn't that HIS job? He also told me 'there's a Denny's down the road' when I asked if there was another seating area other than the full dining room.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
matthenry2017, Manager at Hampton Inn White River Junction, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2017

mariecI5310VB,

Thank you for letting us know about this unfortunate incident at the front desk. I can assure you that this is not how we train our staff, and it is not how we generally conduct ourselves. This matter has been handled and he has been coached so that this kind of thing never happens again. I truly hope that you would give us another chance to show you that this was merely a flash in the pan, if you will. Thank you again for letting us know about this issue so that we could correct it for out future guests.

Reviewed 3 November 2017

We had not stayed at this Hampton in a couple years and found the staff to be as friendly as ever. Both check in and check out were quick and the front desk staff was friendly, courteous and efficient.
Breakfast was served every morning and the staff kept items well stocked with a different meat/egg combo each morning. Every evening upon our return we were able to savor the delicious cookies. If you return too late the cookies are gone. The room was very satisfactory with adequate dresser and closet space. The sink, toilet and shower are located within the same room which is large enough to accommodate all three. We were situated at the end of a corridor on the third floor and were not disturbed by any noise. Our grandson enjoyed the pool daily. We would definitely return. Hotel signage from Route 5 and on Ballardvale Road is absent. You need to use your GPS.

Room Tip: Ask for upper floor away from pool if during a school break.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family

william m,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I am glad that you were able to enjoy all of our amenities, as well as our friendly staff. In regards to the signage out on route 5, I believe we will be getting some kind of sign once we are renovated this summer so that our hotel is easier to locate without the need for a GPS. Thank you again for staying with us and we hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 1 November 2017

First let me tell you about the best part of our stay: the woman doing breakfast our last morning there. She was friendly, courteous, efficient, and quite a conversationalist!

We booked our room online with Hampton Inn's site, rather than an external party; and we had points accumulated through Hilton Honors, so we were able to get a darn good nightly rate as a result. We often stay at Hampton Inns when we travel: predictable, clean, free breakfast... All you really need. (And there's a pool and fitness room if that's your thing.)

We arrived in the evening. The woman at front desk never greeted us (and seemed oblivious to our presence), never looked my partner (who was checking in) in the eye during the transaction, and never asked for his credit card (usually the payment isn't run until you arrive). When we got to our room and looked at the receipt, we discovered we were overcharged by over $50! The next morning, after breakfast, he asked the woman on desk duty about the charge. She said it was for "incidentals"... you know, I guess if we got something from the store, or stole something from the room. We have never seen that charge before, and she tersely said "all Hamptons charge it". (Normally, we get a receipt under the door the morning we check out where we would see all the charges, but we did not this time.)

The day of our departure (a 3-night stay), the young man at the desk overcharged us by $3.00. The added charge? Allegedly a "new tax" in Vermont. Why wasn't it on our bill initially? It was REALLY new. My boyfriend asked that it be removed. The young man looked at him, not wanting the task of issuing a refund, and said: "You're going to make me go through all this for $3.00?", to which my boyfriend said, "Yeah. It's MY $3.00. If it's too much trouble, you can give me the $3.00 yourself." He then supposedly gave us the $3.00 refund.

But while this was going on, someone else was at the desk showing the Hampton Inn rep something "unclean" in their room that they photographed so the front desk person could see it. "Housekeeping is supposed to take care of that" was the response. "Well, they didn't", said the guest, disgusted.

Today, we were able to see the actual charges online. The $3.00 over-charge was still there, but the bright star was the $50+ "incidental" charge was gone. They will be receiving a call, but will not be getting our business in the future.

What's going on, Hampton???

Room Tip: Go someplace else unless they get new management.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank leeannflute
matthenry2017, Manager at Hampton Inn White River Junction, responded to this reviewResponded 3 November 2017

leeannflute,

I am terribly sorry to hear about the issues that you encountered during your stay. The incidental hold is a common occurrence at many hotels and is put in place to ensure that the funds are there in case you purchase snacks or make phone calls from the room. The new tax is brand new and it is a city tax that the city of Hartford has put in place. Please reach out to me by email or phone so that we can discuss this further.
802-280-3077 or matt.henry@whiteriverhampton.com

Reviewed 1 November 2017

Apologies for last review which was allocated to the wrong hotel. Enjoyed our stay and in particular the indoor pool which we had to ourselves. Limited for restaurants around the location without driving into town. There is a Dunkin Donuts close by. The continental breakfast was very good with hot options

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 October 2017

Spent a night at this location on a fall trip to the Northeast. Really good location and clean rooms. Upon arriving, desk clerk had everything ready from our phone call. We were checked in in under 2 minutes. Will mark this one in my "stay again" list.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple