“Room basic fine. Lobby could be cleaner. They should recycle”

Fairfield Inn & Suites White River Junction
Boston, Massachusetts
“Room basic fine. Lobby could be cleaner. They should recycle”
Reviewed 12 September 2013

I usually stick to marriot brands when i travel as i find them reliable. (i avoid the properties that do not provide free wifi though). This hotel is right off the hiway exit with a cluster of others. I agree the entrance has no sign but one can see the hotel from the access road so it is not that hard to get to. The rooms are basic and clean bed is comfortable there is a minifridge which is great and free wifi the free breakfast is average, standard but hey, it's free. The day i checked in the lobby was dirty at 3 pm esp the couch opposite the tv with dirty upholstery, stained. Yuck. I was disappointed that they do not recycle so i bundled up my newspapers and took them home with me so i can recycle This is vermont. I expected more attention to the environment. How hard can it be to recycle?

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Springfield, Massachusetts
Reviewed 11 September 2013 via mobile

Overall great stay at this Fairfield Inn. Stayed here for one night for business. I too am a Marriot rewards member and I found the quality to just what I need to a one night stay. Clean room, comfortable bed, good complimentary breakfast, and nice people. If you're looking for the ritz, this is certainly not the place, but it was definitely a great stay.

My one suggestion would that they make a sign leading into the hotel. It wasn't rocket science to get here, but I small sign would be nice.

Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Dover, New Hampshire
Reviewed 9 September 2013

I am a loyal Marriott brand customer and when I have to choose between a Marriott brand hotel and other brands, I always pick the Marriott. I chose this hotel for that reason. I was somewhat disappointed in the hotel. It was difficult to find the entrance to the hotel - and frustrating as I could see the hotel from the road. We joked that it was the typical New England "You can't get there from here" Turns out you have to pull into entrance for the Comfort Inn and go around - but there is no sign....put up a sign folks. My room had a very musty smell to it (and I figured out why when I saw the puddle on the bathroom floor after I got out of the shower) and though the room was clean, there were things like the water spots on the shower curtain and also on the underside of the faucet (a pet peeve of mine as my kids always forget to wipe under the faucet when it is their turn to clean the bathroom). Also, as others have stated, the room was very warm. We set the AC at 68 in the bedroom and it was 77 in there. Thankfully the windows opened (though it took me a while to figure out how to open them...perhaps there should be a sign for idiots like me) and it was cool outside so we were able to bring the room to a comfortable sleeping temperature. I was also disappointed that there were no glass glasses in the room - there were two small plastic cups and two coffee cups. We missed the glasses we are used to in the Marriotts we have stayed in in the past. On the plus side, Svetlana, who checked us in was very pleasant and efficient and the breakfast was more than decent.

Room Tip: Our room had a Jacuzzi tub and the shower leaked so the room had a musty smell - so be wary of that,
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 8 September 2013

Quiet, comfortable place with very responsive staff who seem to want your stay to be a happy one. The basic room has plenty of space, with a bed, desk, sitting area, closet and a good sized bathroom, The free breakfast offers a wide range of options. A word of caution: I noticed it here but it can happen anywhere that a free breakfast buffet is offered. When parents don't take care of their children, the kids can go and pick through food and put it back. I watched one child pick up bagels and breads and do just that. Given that he was so poorly supervised to begin with, I sort of doubt that he washed his hands before coming to breakfast. So it's a sort of public health concern here and not one about which I think the hotel staff can do much. Myself, I opt for items over which I have some control: cereal in a box, bananas I peel myself and the ever-popular Belgian waffle, hot off the waffle iron.

The place is also nearby all-night convenience stores and gas stations, and a short ride from the Dartmouth campus across the river in New Hampshire. In the other direction, an equally short ride from the beautiful villages of Woodstock and Queechee. And, if you are interested in exercise during your trip, this property has a nice little gym with an excellent collection of free weights.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
MIDDLEFIELD
Reviewed 3 September 2013

This is a great place to stay. There is a pocket here of about 4 hotels and I have stayed in them all. This is the best. Secluded from thr others it offers internet free, hot breakfast free, cookies on check-in. Room is large with seating area and fridge and microwave atandard in room. Great help at from desk. This is the place to stay in White River Junction

Room Tip: Rooms in the rear are very quiet
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank PATRICK D
Reviewed 2 September 2013

We had great experience here at this hotel. The rooms are very up to date. Extremely clean!! Make sure u check when there complimentary breakfast are, times vary depending on day. Excellent stay all round.

• Stayed August 2013
Sturbridge
Reviewed 29 August 2013

There didn't seem to be a lot of options in White River Jct. so I was keeping my fingers crossed when I booked two rooms here. What a pleasant surprise!! It was clean, comfortable and the staff was so friendly! The hot breakfast was incredibly good. The scrambled eggs were like my own, not the rubbery dried out solid mass of egg I've seen so many other times at hotels. The fruit was truly FRESH!! The beds were comfortable and the rooms were very clean. The only complaint was the pull out couch is not made when you arrive. You have to make it yourself including the sheets. We were told that because it is a small Fairfield they do not have an in house housekeeping staff and it is an outside service that comes in everyday. I still feel that knowing there would be 3 adults in that particular room, the pull out should have been made since it would obviously be used. Small inconvenience for an otherwise wonderful stay!!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near White River Junction
Holiday Inn Express & Suites White River Junction
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Whi...
#3 of 8 in White River Junction
Fireside Inn & Suites
Fireside Inn & Suites
#3 of 7 in Lebanon
Courtyard Hanover Lebanon

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites White River Junction? Share your experiences!