“Great place, good location...”

Fairfield Inn & Suites White River Junction
Patchogue, New York
“Great place, good location...”
Reviewed 4 October 2013

Stayed here on a business/pleasure trip. Located i. Central VT, it was close to everything. Great place, clean, good complimentary breakfast, great service. No complaints, recommended for both business and pleasure.

• Stayed October 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Cumberland, Maryland
Reviewed 27 September 2013

I really like Marriott Hotels the best. Reasonably priced and always clean, in good areas and decent breakfast. We found the service very friendly and we had a huge room with a small area with a couch and table. Plenty of outlets to charge all of the electronic devices too. I would recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Get a Marriott Credit Card and use this for your travel
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 15 September 2013

Front desk staff are unhelpful. The hotel is clean and the room is a good size. This hotel is inconvenient to Dartmouth. You must rent a car to get there and rentals are relatively expensive. Stay in Hanover so you have more options to get around.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 12 September 2013

I usually stick to marriot brands when i travel as i find them reliable. (i avoid the properties that do not provide free wifi though). This hotel is right off the hiway exit with a cluster of others. I agree the entrance has no sign but one can see the hotel from the access road so it is not that hard to get to. The rooms are basic and clean bed is comfortable there is a minifridge which is great and free wifi the free breakfast is average, standard but hey, it's free. The day i checked in the lobby was dirty at 3 pm esp the couch opposite the tv with dirty upholstery, stained. Yuck. I was disappointed that they do not recycle so i bundled up my newspapers and took them home with me so i can recycle This is vermont. I expected more attention to the environment. How hard can it be to recycle?

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Springfield, Massachusetts
Reviewed 11 September 2013 via mobile

Overall great stay at this Fairfield Inn. Stayed here for one night for business. I too am a Marriot rewards member and I found the quality to just what I need to a one night stay. Clean room, comfortable bed, good complimentary breakfast, and nice people. If you're looking for the ritz, this is certainly not the place, but it was definitely a great stay.

My one suggestion would that they make a sign leading into the hotel. It wasn't rocket science to get here, but I small sign would be nice.

Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Dover, New Hampshire
Reviewed 9 September 2013

I am a loyal Marriott brand customer and when I have to choose between a Marriott brand hotel and other brands, I always pick the Marriott. I chose this hotel for that reason. I was somewhat disappointed in the hotel. It was difficult to find the entrance to the hotel - and frustrating as I could see the hotel from the road. We joked that it was the typical New England "You can't get there from here" Turns out you have to pull into entrance for the Comfort Inn and go around - but there is no sign....put up a sign folks. My room had a very musty smell to it (and I figured out why when I saw the puddle on the bathroom floor after I got out of the shower) and though the room was clean, there were things like the water spots on the shower curtain and also on the underside of the faucet (a pet peeve of mine as my kids always forget to wipe under the faucet when it is their turn to clean the bathroom). Also, as others have stated, the room was very warm. We set the AC at 68 in the bedroom and it was 77 in there. Thankfully the windows opened (though it took me a while to figure out how to open them...perhaps there should be a sign for idiots like me) and it was cool outside so we were able to bring the room to a comfortable sleeping temperature. I was also disappointed that there were no glass glasses in the room - there were two small plastic cups and two coffee cups. We missed the glasses we are used to in the Marriotts we have stayed in in the past. On the plus side, Svetlana, who checked us in was very pleasant and efficient and the breakfast was more than decent.

Room Tip: Our room had a Jacuzzi tub and the shower leaked so the room had a musty smell - so be wary of that,
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 8 September 2013

Quiet, comfortable place with very responsive staff who seem to want your stay to be a happy one. The basic room has plenty of space, with a bed, desk, sitting area, closet and a good sized bathroom, The free breakfast offers a wide range of options. A word of caution: I noticed it here but it can happen anywhere that a free breakfast buffet is offered. When parents don't take care of their children, the kids can go and pick through food and put it back. I watched one child pick up bagels and breads and do just that. Given that he was so poorly supervised to begin with, I sort of doubt that he washed his hands before coming to breakfast. So it's a sort of public health concern here and not one about which I think the hotel staff can do much. Myself, I opt for items over which I have some control: cereal in a box, bananas I peel myself and the ever-popular Belgian waffle, hot off the waffle iron.

The place is also nearby all-night convenience stores and gas stations, and a short ride from the Dartmouth campus across the river in New Hampshire. In the other direction, an equally short ride from the beautiful villages of Woodstock and Queechee. And, if you are interested in exercise during your trip, this property has a nice little gym with an excellent collection of free weights.

Also consider these accommodations in or near White River Junction
Hampton Inn White River Junction
Hampton Inn White River Junction
#1 of 8 in White River Junction
Holiday Inn Express & Suites White River Junction
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Whi...
#2 of 8 in White River Junction
Fireside Inn & Suites
Fireside Inn & Suites
#3 of 7 in Lebanon
Courtyard Hanover Lebanon

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites White River Junction? Share your experiences!